Running Logs

Do you?....

81 to 100 of 211 messages
11/06/2006 at 08:05
I've just seen fetch, and I would love to use it, but I daren't because the notes come up publicly.

Does anybody else find this scarey - if I record my training runs in detail, a stalker or worse could work out where I'm going to be and follow me?

It's not much use recording a run without recording where you went, either, is it?

I just tried www-running-log.com, and it keeps giving me errors when I try to register, so that's no good either. Think I'll buy a notebook.
11/06/2006 at 09:09
Katharine- you don't have to put too much detail in the public training on Fetch. I sometimes put my route and sometimes just ramble about the weather, my music or my mood.

I would also suggest you speak to Fetch himself if you are worried he may be able to find a way round your worries. You can keep most of your details as private as you want....put your detials in your blog and keep that private too if you like.

We'll help and support you on FE don't worry. :-)
11/06/2006 at 14:48
"you don't have to put too much detail in the public training on Fetch. "

No of course you don't, but in that case it's pretty useless! My intent was to record my exact route and how I felt, so I could repeat it if necessary and so on.

I've downloaded a spreadsheet from Serpentine runners, though this of course isn't interactive at all.

I think Fetch needs a secret area which is never shown to anybody else, where you can do a blow by blow account of where you went.
11/06/2006 at 14:56
Katharine, that's a great idea, have you put it to Fetch? I'm sure there are lots of people who would like to keep route details private, but still want them in detail. It's worth asking him.

:-)

Good luck with finding what you want.
12/06/2006 at 07:27
Hey Kathrine

I agree with KB, Fetch is in the middle of updating Fetch and has asked for suggestions. I think having a privacy button would be useful on the notes section would be a great suggestion for those that want to use it.

It's got to be worth asking right?
12/06/2006 at 14:20
With regard to private areas; motionbased give you the option to publish to the general web or keep your run details private. I think it's a good idea. However, I do think it's rather sad that people are so scared in today's society...
I understand the worry and it is sensible to think about these things but we should't have to should we? In a perfect world...

You know, I haven't seen Fetch, have registered now, looks good...
12/06/2006 at 14:22
That's great, Ian.

12/06/2006 at 16:45
fetcheveryone is great. Why has the man behind this site not been featured in runners world?
12/06/2006 at 16:46
And why do I read the title of this article as dairy products every time I look at it?
12/06/2006 at 16:48
as do I SG, as do I.......cheese anyone?
12/06/2006 at 16:49
<passes slow going a pint of milk>
12/06/2006 at 16:50
Max, we're having a Barbie, can i have some for my burger please|?
12/06/2006 at 16:51
I like Stilton.

12/06/2006 at 16:54
Hmm stilton and brocolli soup....lovely.

Santababy, I've got somerset goats cheese, or canadian extra mature......couple of bits of each? Although if you are having the goats cheese with your burgers, you also need sweet chilli chutney.

12/06/2006 at 16:56
i've got sweet chilli sauce

my brocolli & stilton is masterful

(i'm a catering manager)
12/06/2006 at 17:02
you've got .... too much time on your hands, that's what you've got :)
12/06/2006 at 17:03
...that from the man who's just spent the afternoon (apasrt from one "conference call") typing his pre '01 races into FE.....
12/06/2006 at 17:06
lol Blackers.

BUt i do have too much time on my hands...
12/06/2006 at 17:10
Santa baby, in that case when are we all coming round for supper?

I hate cooking, it's only because of Childline and NSPCC that I do it at all.

KB - have you given up work for ever?
12/06/2006 at 17:10
Okay, I'm intrigued. I've recently started using Sport Tracks to download and edit my training runs from the Garmin, but let's see if this FE lark is all it's cracked up to be...
81 to 100 of 211 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.