running multiple marathons and recovery

3 messages
08/10/2012 at 11:32

Hi this is a general question to those of you who have ran consective marathons. I run a marathon about once a fortnight and generally recover for the next in about 5 days. However,I am now scheduling multiple marathons,i.e 2 in 2 days and wanted tips and advice on recovering for the second marathon. I am guessing there is no magic solution,but advice would great from some you experts

cheers

Dubai Dave    pirate
09/10/2012 at 11:22

I've done 3 in 3  a couple of times and the answer is its going to hurt, though after 30 mins everything loosens up. I have found that ice baths definately help as does compression tights. Getting in a swimming pool as soon as you finish the day and gently stretching in water also helps. Good luck

09/10/2012 at 16:31
Thanks for that Dubai Dave. Ran langdale and chester and feel like I have got Riga mortis. I am running a few doubles and the quadzilla over the next few months so great to hear advice from those who have similar experience. Cheers

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.