RUNNING SAFE

how to run safe in London

3 messages
04/03/2007 at 16:37
hi all, i am a new expat relocating to London ,Earsfield(south west) and i just wanted to ask if you can recommend any safe routes where i can run alone after work..
I am a female runner and I d like to run alone some days of the week to get back in shape before joining a club and many people persuaded me not to go!! :-( is this so scary to run London???thanks in advance nico
04/03/2007 at 19:59
I run home through london. Westminster to highbury (N5). No problems with it yet - usually find side roads that miss the major pedestrian and traffic routes by trial and error - taking slightly different routes each time is a good way to explore. No problems feeling safe - but then I am male and over 6ft.

I actually love the run as I like running past the landmarks and is as quick as the tube. Along the river is a nice run if you work centrally - and I think any runs around central london will be relatively safe.

Don't know your part of town so can't help you there I'm afraid.
04/03/2007 at 20:15
I know that part of London and have run back home from work through there several times. Mind you I'm male and over six foot!

It does on the whole seem fairly lively as long as you stick to main roads, so I guess it'd be safe if you stuck to them.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.