RUNNING TIGHTS A GOOD THING OR CAMP AS CHRISTMAS

1 to 20 of 53 messages
19/03/2007 at 17:23
I have seen lots of running tights on the market lately (skins etc) and to be honest I am not convinced that they do any good apart from keeping your legs warm (would have been glad of them for silverstone though). Does anyone out there wear them for the various health benefits they promise and do they actually work? I always feel a bit of a prat when I wear them so I only do it when its dark, so my friends dont see me..... its my dirty secret.
19/03/2007 at 17:28
Wear shorts - your legs will warm up once you start running.
19/03/2007 at 17:33
I wear 'em but have no doubts about my masculinity;O)
19/03/2007 at 17:38
yes they are weird, but fine if your running. Too cold without them in winter.

What are the various health benefits?
19/03/2007 at 18:35
If you have a nice @rse you should wear em...gives us girls something to look at:-)
P Q
19/03/2007 at 18:41
Dont do it, get your legs out instead. Looks much better :-)
19/03/2007 at 19:14
Think the only benefit is keeping your legs warm in winter. Prefer to wear shorts whenever I can.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
19/03/2007 at 21:37
I suffer from cold thighs in winter esp. on long runs, wearing tights keeps my legs nice and warm. Every runner I see round here wears tights and nobody thinks twice about it, in fact you're more likely to be considered weird wearing track pants.
19/03/2007 at 21:51

It has been scientifically proven that they are gayer than the gayest gay thing that was ever gay.

I believe Elton John once refused to wear them because they where just to gay.

19/03/2007 at 22:00
I just like the silky feel of the material against my legs, and the way it defines my muscles.... OOOh! Does that sound gay??
19/03/2007 at 22:04
For God's Sake!!!!!!

I will ask again......what are the health benefits?

I could be unaware of some incredible benefit.... what is it?

yeah, they are a bit gay...

and they must be tight round the a*se, none of this slack material hanging down, on ladies of course, not men..... oh my god the tights have made me gay...
19/03/2007 at 22:08
Tights are very useful in cold weather. I remain to be convinced that "Skins" and suchlike products are anything other than an expensive marketing concept.
19/03/2007 at 22:10
My problem is that to get a pair to fit around my beer gut means large... but as my son once asked, in all seriousness, "dad are you nearly a dwarf?", then wearing any trousers sized large means that Nora Batty has nothing on me when it comes to wrinkled leggings around her ankles.

Is there a health benefit? Does it matter? I just loves them!!!
19/03/2007 at 23:03
Shorts for me, i have people in the village that know my kids!!!
19/03/2007 at 23:13
Tights or tracksters are also good if you have to run past
heavily overgrown nettles.
20/03/2007 at 00:10
Real men/athletes pound the streets on cold wet nights with tracksters under shorts. They are hugging your muscles and keep them firm and flexible for hard training sessions.
Vital wear and who cares what unfit passers by think.
Look good ,feel good and you will run good!
20/03/2007 at 07:27
the lycra keeps the muscles warmer than other materials, so avoids tissue damage particularly around the groin and hamstrings

the sheer fit holds muscles in place an prevents injury in this way too

I've noticed the ole ball bag doesn't start disappearing up inside after very long runs in the cold like can happen when wearing ordinary shorts

the lycra prevents chafing and blisters around the thighs

if you're worried about looking gay then I dunno.... I just don't understand guys who worry about that kinda thing. If you know your sexual limits and are comfortable with them yourself then who cares?
20/03/2007 at 10:29
I hate running with things on my legs, so it's shorts for me except on the very coldest of days in winter - i.e. maybe once or twice a year.
20/03/2007 at 10:38
I'm with CRB - why do guys get a hang up about wearing tights?? it's practicality after all............

I prefer to run in shorts except on the absolute coldest of days but for biking, skiiing and anything else where I am going faster on cold days - give me tights......with Gore lining if needed

I might look like Max Wall in them but I'd rather be comfortable than freezing.......

and tracksters - too loose, too heavy, too old skool - just not gay enough!!
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
20/03/2007 at 11:04
persackerly, fb!
1 to 20 of 53 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.