Running with a cold

Should or Should not

21 to 23 of 23 messages
11/10/2002 at 16:20
There's an old saying: 'If it's in the head, go ahead'. Thus anything you feel below the neck, you should stay well clear of exercise.....
11/10/2002 at 16:29
PB -- hee! Thanks :o) But, t'wasn't really advice - just a lighthearted attempt at motivation. But seriously, I know how rottem colds make you feel. Glad the running is okay :o)

PB & Strider -- I think the idea os if your body is really ill (worse than a cold) it hasenough to do with trying to get you better without you sticking your spanner in the works by running and setting things back :o)
14/10/2002 at 18:41
I spotted Paula (i'm not worthy) spit on Sunday. Surely thats an example for all of us.
I ran a PB over 10 miles with a bad head cold, back in February. Lost circulation and went a bit numb at the end (doc put it down to what he called an oxygen deficit caused by the air passages being partialy blocked with snot).
Ran Burnham Beeches this year and at one stage found myself behind an attractive young lady who had a very runny cold. With one finger blocking one nostril she was constantly firing snot to one side and then the next. She was also honking a lot into her t-shirt. To avoid the risk of tripping up on one of these slugs of phlegm being fired in all directions, I decided to overtake and having a quick peep at her as I passed. her front was absolutely covered with snot. What a lady

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.