Running with your dog?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
21/10/2002 at 20:43
To hell with running with a dog. Surely they have to stop every time they see a lamppost.
I feel contented if I can outrun one.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
21/10/2002 at 21:00
First of all, we run in a forest, not on pavements - there aren't any lampposts! Our dogs are far too concerned with keeping up with us to keep stopping. And they do NOT have to go every few yards.

How often do you think sled dogs stop for a pee when racing? Just doesn't happen mate.
22/10/2002 at 09:26
Wow, listening to you lot its pretty clear that runners and dog's really don't mix that well do they!

If any of you guys have read the original message I think you might see that some of you are missing the point a bit? I'm trying to organise a sponsored FUN run/walk for CHARITY not a chance to set a 9k PB!

The whole ideas is to arrange a fun family day out whilst raising the money for the RSPCA and increasing awareness about animal welfare issues in my local community. Didn't realise it'd be quite so controversial!!
Roz
30/10/2002 at 10:37
Hi Sue, I've had some smiles reading the responses to your query. I think your idea is great. If people want to walk let 'em, if they feel their dogs are coping with the rest of the pack, let 'em run. Dogs are individuals too and may get on with some dogs better than others. My dog just loves meeting others and hasn't got a nasty bone in his body. So, it is a case for the 'dog-runners' to know the temperament of their dogs and to follow the rules of the walk/run! Where is it? I'd like to come and do it!
30/10/2002 at 11:18
Hi Roz, thanks for the support, I was beginning to lose faith a bit there!

The date and venue aren't finalised yet, but it's going to be held in the Sutton, Surrey area, probably on the second Sunday of January (12th) 2003. As soon as the details are confirmed I'll post a message. Please do spread the word... the more the merrier!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.