RW Forumite January Mileage Challenge

1 to 20 of 1,776 messages
kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2011 at 14:11

Ok, just to recap. This is a friendly challenge for a bit of motivation and team spirit through the long month of January. EVERYONE is welcome to join in, please don’t feel that it’s for ultra high mileage runners only, it’s not it’s for those that want to get some consistent training in.

When you sign into the database you will see that there are 4 questions. The main competition is between the separate countries, so decide your allegiance!

All you have to do then is log your miles at least once a week, the more regularly you can the better as that keeps the competition live and motivational on a daily basis. Please also keep a separate copy of your mileage, just in case technology lets us down.

Happy running!

Click me to enter your details.

29/12/2011 at 14:18

Hi KK,

I'm getting the below error:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/images/icons/builder.gif

Website Under Review

You are seeing this page because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect page will be removed once we finish manually checking all files on this account. Since we check over 100 websites per day, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get an email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor, please come back later.

www.000webhost.com is the most popular free web hosting provider, and as such, suffers from abusers. Around 5% of users sign up here just to start hacking or phishing websites or causing other problems. So, in order to survive, we must monitor what our users are hosting.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but checking all content manually is the only way to provide you with the most secure and reliable service. If you find any illegal websites on our network, you can report it [b]here[/b].

kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2011 at 14:20
Ah ok thanks. I'm sure it'll work when they're done. I'll keep checking
WiB
29/12/2011 at 14:22
I got the same... looks like we just have to hold fire a couple of hours while the hosting guys do their checks.
WiB
kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2011 at 14:26
Meanwhile, beer anyone?
29/12/2011 at 14:38

it should be working now !!

p.s. please be gentle with it ... 'tis stil 'work in progress'

Edited: 29/12/2011 at 14:39
29/12/2011 at 14:39
Nope
29/12/2011 at 14:41
Saffy broke it.
29/12/2011 at 14:42
kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2011 at 14:44
More beer!
29/12/2011 at 14:48

right ... one angry email fired off to hosting company(site has been there for the last week so they choose now to take it down and check it!!)  .... hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly !!  (anyone tried it through IE ?)

kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2011 at 14:51
Bruce 'tiny Tim Cratchit' C wrote (see)

right ... one angry email fired off to hosting company(site has been there for the last week so they choose now to take it down and check it!!)  .... hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly !!  (anyone tried it through IE ?)

It's the same in all browsers.

What amazing timing that was, I was in earlier with no problem.

WiB
29/12/2011 at 14:52
Using IE and got the same checking message.
WiB
29/12/2011 at 14:52
Yes, and it's still under review...
29/12/2011 at 14:55
kittenkat wrote (see)
What amazing timing that was, I was in earlier with no problem.

thanks KK, I was beginning to think I'd dreamt it all  

29/12/2011 at 15:55
What are the rules?
kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2011 at 16:22
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
What are the rules?

Team with the most miles averaged out between numbers in the team wins.

Just post how many miles you run into the database and whizzy technology (the smurf with a dynamo in the back room) will do the rest.

It obviously relies on honesty, people have cheated in the past but that just causes headaches and makes them look like a tosser.

Post at least once a week, enter data carefully as it can't be re-entered.

Drink beer and be happy

29/12/2011 at 16:24
kittenkat wrote (see)
More beer!

Yes! Website still down on IE (not that i'm hovering or anything....)

kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2011 at 16:33

AND CAN EVERYONE LOG IN WITH THEIR FORUM NAME SO WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

(Didn't mean to shout, caps lock was on)

29/12/2011 at 17:55
And it's still down..........
1 to 20 of 1,776 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.