RW Personal Best Awards - The Winners

21 to 22 of 22 messages
25/06/2007 at 21:26
I like Nike stuff, particularly shoes. And my 5 year old dri-fit tights just won't die.

You can keep Lucozade though, and I wouldn't do London cos it's too big, and I wouldn't go to JJB cos it's chav HQ.

But, I lurve Mars bars.
25/06/2007 at 21:48
I'm sure you're right Ironwolf, when you say that Berlin is a great marathon. I'd love to do it one year. But have you done London and NY to be able to compare? This is my point.

Of the 3, I've only run London, and have done only 5 different marathons in total, so I really couldn't make a judgement on which is the best mara in the world, or whatever the question was. I could definitely make a judgement on the best experience I had (in my case, Chicago). I just get a bit annoyed with this sort of question because unless you've done a few dozen of the world's best-known marathons, I can't see how we can be expected to compare them.

I suppose it's a bit like football fans talking about 'the best match ever'. It's all pretty pointless, but it's hard to avoid doing.

The funny thing is, if I did my 5 marathons again over the next couple of years, I bet I would totally change my order of preference. It depends on so many things -- fitness, weather on the day, satisfaction with your performance, the people you met during race weekend, and so on.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.