RW staffer shout out to forumites

21 to 40 of 47 messages
27/10/2012 at 09:37

Kerry,

I have e mailed you with regards to taking part in this, though I am a little concerned that I will not be able to raise that much at this point in the year!

29/10/2012 at 13:38

Afternoon RWFs (Runner's World Forumites).

Trust everyone had a spiffing weekend. I'm reeling from the news from the chap training me for these 12 marathons that the longest single run I will do between now and then (apart from NYC marathon this sunday - if I get there) will be 10K.

Almost all of my training is to be gym based strength and confitioning work which, while it makes sense, is terrifying for a long-slow-distance old-skooler like myself.

Anyone else following any unusual plans?

Anyway, main reason to come on here again was to say thanks so much to the 25 or so people who have so far emailed me to express their interest in doing some of the Hope Tour. A stonking effort and we 12in12ers really appreciate it (www.the12in12.com) kerry.mccarthy@hearst-rodale.co.uk

And to the rest of you I'm going to come over all Delia and say 'Where are you?! Let''s be 'aving you!' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0

Kerry

01/11/2012 at 17:58

For those of you who sent me your email addresses, I've sent the first Hope Tour email update. If you have not received it please let me know.

01/11/2012 at 20:20

Hi Kerry - I'd be interested in joining you on one of the last few days, but am raising money for charity efforts elsewhere, so can we join you just for company or do we need to find cash to be invited?

06/11/2012 at 15:14
KateF wrote (see)

Hi Kerry - I'd be interested in joining you on one of the last few days, but am raising money for charity efforts elsewhere, so can we join you just for company or do we need to find cash to be invited?

Hi Kate,

Sorry for the delay just back today from NYC. Got on a plane on friday afternoon, the race was on. Got off the plane on friday night, it was off. Grrrrr.

Anyway, your question: we'd love for you to run with us, especially if it helps with your motivation to raise your money - out of interest which charity/charities are you raising money for?

Obviously the main point of the Hope Tour is to raise cash for our cause, so if you were able to divert a small contribution to the coffers of Hope HIV, that would be awesome, but I'm certainly not going to say 'no you can't join us'!

We've had a pretty good response for the last few days (I think we currently have 27 people running on the final day so far) so it should be good fun. If you're interested in joining send me your email address (mine is further up this thread), and I'll include you on the next weekly email.

Thanks for your interest

Kerry

08/11/2012 at 23:02
I would be interested in the first leg (Harrogate to Leeds) as that would be local for me. I'll have a look at the website later
09/11/2012 at 05:46

Bad luck on NYC Kerry. Of course I'll make a donation, will take a look at the routes and email you.

09/11/2012 at 14:42
Yorkshire Rob wrote (see)
I would be interested in the first leg (Harrogate to Leeds) as that would be local for me. I'll have a look at the website later

Great, look forward to hearing from you. We've had some press in the Harrogate advertiser and other papers so hoping to get a few running on that day...

09/11/2012 at 15:24
Email sent last night. I'll see what happens...
12/11/2012 at 10:08
Yorkshire Rob wrote (see)
Email sent last night. I'll see what happens...

Hi Rob,

Did you email Sarah via the website or me via my work email above? I didn't get anything through...

12/11/2012 at 17:20
Emailed Sarah, and she has been in touch
12/11/2012 at 19:37

will RW staffers support the VLM mudchute crew in return

13/11/2012 at 18:26
Loon. wrote (see)

Actually I will be there at Mudchute next year, yes! Not running or pacing it next year so planned to go hang out there.

20/11/2012 at 15:13

Hi guys, for those of you who have signed up to run some of this with us, I sent out the second email update yesterday so if you haven't received it please let me know.

Hope everyone is well.

Kerry

20/11/2012 at 15:17
Kerry RW wrote (see)
Loon. wrote (see)

Actually I will be there at Mudchute next year, yes! Not running or pacing it next year so planned to go hang out there.

You know... if you're on the look out for pacers -I'm sure some forumites would be willing to help

Well done on the planning so far. Work is being fickle about me having time off so i'm trying to persuade them!

20/11/2012 at 15:42

Hi Kerry - I haven't had any emails so far.

21/11/2012 at 15:30
KateF wrote (see)

KateF wrote (see)

KateF wrote (see)

Sorry about that kate have now emailed you.

21/11/2012 at 15:32
Emmy_H wrote (see)
Kerry RW wrote (see)
Loon. wrote (see)

You know... if you're on the look out for pacers -I'm sure some forumites would be willing to help

Well done on the planning so far. Work is being fickle about me having time off so i'm trying to persuade them!

Totally understand, it's difficult at this time of year - but persuade like you've never persuaded before! As for pacers, anyone interested can email me at kerry.mccarthy@hearst-rodale.co.uk with details of marathons run, PBs etc

Thanks guys

Kerry

03/12/2012 at 12:48

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that my fellow runner sSarh ONeill sent out the thirds email update over the wekeend, for those of you who were expecting it.

It's all getting very close now and we're frantically trying to sort out media receptions for the start and finish of each day, as well as the other gazillion things that need to be sorted. Hope everone is well and looking forward to Christmas...?!

Kerry

03/12/2012 at 14:49

Who is the secret fifth member? Five in all the pics, only four mentioned. What's that about? Like Seren Nos, a bit far away in S.Wales and unsure about the logistics. Timings from Richmond to the Mall might be a possibility. I'll e-mail later

21 to 40 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.