RW staffer shout out to forumites

41 to 48 of 48 messages
03/12/2012 at 14:49

Who is the secret fifth member? Five in all the pics, only four mentioned. What's that about? Like Seren Nos, a bit far away in S.Wales and unsure about the logistics. Timings from Richmond to the Mall might be a possibility. I'll e-mail later

04/12/2012 at 16:11

Aha,

That is a girl caled Nicki who was due to do all 12 initially but work got in the way so she's doing the last week with us instead. Good spot...

09/12/2012 at 16:19

Hi Kerry.........only just came across this forum post. 

I'd love to join you either Windsor to Richmond, or Richmond to The Mall. I ran the Athens Marathon a few weeks ago, so I'd hope to still be able to run the full marathon distance. I'm currently into the last few of the Asics/ RW Target 26.2 competition, so not sure whether it would be allowed to run all of it if I win, but as there's a 75% chance of losing, I'd love to come along if I lose. 

Either way I'd happily sponsor. I worked a lot with HIV when doing my Master's Thesis in Kenya several years ago. Excellent cause.

13/12/2012 at 13:51

Hi all,

I just wanted to wish Kerry all of the best of luck.They are tweeting under #12in12 and posting here if anyone wants to keep a track of them.

Day 1 - they ran nearly 28 miles!

13/12/2012 at 21:51
Emmy the red haired reindeer wrote (see)

Hi all,

I just wanted to wish Kerry all of the best of luck.They are tweeting under #12in12 and posting here if anyone wants to keep a track of them.

Day 1 - they ran nearly 28 miles!

Thanks Emmy! Day 2 was, um, really REALLY hard. Blog two will involve tales of chip shops, traffic wardens and fog...

13/12/2012 at 21:54
Shady_Ady wrote (see)

Hi Kerry.........only just came across this forum post. 

I'd love to join you either Windsor to Richmond, or Richmond to The Mall. I ran the Athens Marathon a few weeks ago, so I'd hope to still be able to run the full marathon distance. I'm currently into the last few of the Asics/ RW Target 26.2 competition, so not sure whether it would be allowed to run all of it if I win, but as there's a 75% chance of losing, I'd love to come along if I lose. 

Either way I'd happily sponsor. I worked a lot with HIV when doing my Master's Thesis in Kenya several years ago. Excellent cause.

Hi Ady,

So sorry for the late response. things were frantic in the lead up to the tour. Day 3 tomorrow...

If you're still interested we'd LOVE to have you join us. we'll need all the help we can get in the later stages! If you email my fellow runner Sarah O'Neill at /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gifarah@sarahoneill.co.uk]sarah@sarahoneill.co.uk she'll get back to you with all the details for those particular legs you mentioned. Hope you're well.

Kerry

27/12/2012 at 15:09

Well done on completing the 12 in 12 Kerry -will you be doing a write up in an upcoming edition of RW?

How are you recovering since Sunday?

27/12/2012 at 17:26
Emmy H wrote (see)

Well done on completing the 12 in 12 Kerry -will you be doing a write up in an upcoming edition of RW?

How are you recovering since Sunday?

Thanks Emmy,

I'll be writing two more blog posts on the website, and then as for a write-up in the mag, we'll see. it would have to be something more than just a self-indulgent tale of my adventure, something where we can link it to some training advice for runners looking to run very long distances themselves. I'll be having a chat with Andy the Editor when I get back in the new year.

As for recovery, mmmm. Going slowly! Am walking a little less like John Wayne now and have spent three days eating everything I can get my hands on but slowing down now - lost 12lbs during the Tour and don't want to put it back on! Next three weeks are rest, swimming and yoga - and then I start MDS training from mid-jan.

Knees and shins are pretty shot - can't walk up or down stairs easily - but everything else is just fatigue so I think I'll be right in about 2-3 weeks. Still sleeping in compression tights though!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.