RW top 100 races

Sponsored by Mc Corp plc

61 to 63 of 63 messages
03/01/2004 at 12:27
The table can't be taken too seriously when the Mersey Tunnel 10k can get a place even though, for 2003, it was cancelled two weeks before it was due to be run. It would be interesting to see how they built up the scores for that one, but I suspect the very scientific scoring system they describe was actually more scientific in design than execution. Perhaps some of the scores were based on races run in the minds of journalists rather than troublesome real-world research. But at least they managed to fill six pages of the magazine just by using some creativity and plenty of big pictures from their library. They probably thought it was not a bad bit of work at a quiet time of year, but I fear they've been caught with their running shorts round their ankles.

I'll take the feature as a bit of fun and something aimed at provoking debate on which basis they seem to have had a success!
03/01/2004 at 12:47
RW has a comprehensive database, so why don't they list them all to be voted on ? That is, have a drop down list of races, so you can't get different versions of the same event - London Marathon, FLM etc. They could even split them up into their listed regions - East, South etc and make it available for the rest of the year. The lowere limit of ten votes is far too low and should be increased, but their maybe some clever stats behind choosing ten.
03/01/2004 at 12:48
there not their you fool

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 63 of 63 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.