RW v Fetch June Running Challenge

221 to 240 of 2,064 messages
18/06/2012 at 14:18

I agree Wetter is better! We're taking a pounding and we can't have that! I'm going to try and get out as much as i can until the end of June... come on RW!

18/06/2012 at 14:42

I'll hopefully be getting a few more miles in this week, just as the plan has it and I'm trying to hit it every week. With more runners in team RW, if the majority of us try for a few more miles this week then we should make up for those who aren't running much (injured, etc). And if a few who haven't been out much can rack some miles, then thats a bonus

18/06/2012 at 17:48
Back running with some 'ticking over' miles after my knee niggle. Hopefully i can get back to some decent miles this week.
kittenkat    pirate
18/06/2012 at 17:50

Sorry guys, i will update my mileage.

18/06/2012 at 19:17

15.47 sees me jump from 77th to 60th. Am trying to make up for lost time.

18/06/2012 at 20:00

5.06 miles tonight. Every little helps!

18/06/2012 at 20:52
I'm back - weekend away with work meant no running but it did give time for my foot to heal a bit more
I'm happy it's not the feared stress fracture, so will be back out properly tomorrow
18/06/2012 at 21:01
Blimey - those fetchies can run a bit can't they.... We are getting our asses whupped

However, it is definitely helping me to stay focussed, as evidenced by the fact I did 5 recovery miles this morning, and then decided to run home from work, so 22.75 miles in total for me today

YP
18/06/2012 at 22:03

Sorry all, been away for a fortnight, have updated with my holiday runs but it was too hot to go far, so I've got some mileage to make up! Am on the Great North Run trail now though, so should get plenty of running done before the end of the month...

WiB
18/06/2012 at 22:15

Hell yeah YP! good mileage

WiB
19/06/2012 at 07:52

Well done YP! I did another 5 ish miles this morning. Will try to get out there again tonight but I have a small issue about packing for my conference tomorrow :/

19/06/2012 at 09:45

Getting all competitive now Another way to look at this challenge, if the fetchies numbers seem unmatchable is looking at daily average, ours is about 3.1, there;'s near enough 3.8. So if everybody aims for 4m a day (or 28m a week, or 4 * 5m runs an an 8m LSR) or more over the next week and a bit - we should be able to mount a late charge (some on their think they've got this won already)

Football and seeing a man about a boiler tonight so 9.95m for me this morning on trails, gorgeous morning to be out, I should have got out earlier as could have run forever today.

Well done everyone though and were really dominating that top 10!

Edited: 19/06/2012 at 09:51
19/06/2012 at 10:25

Well I've done my best. Was supposed to be a 4M Easy run this morning, which ended up as a 6M "why don't I explore this footpath as its such a lovely morning - oh I'm ankle deep in mud" run

19/06/2012 at 10:30

Just had a thought (after looking at the fetchies comments). maybe RW is more inclusive, so lower mileage runners like myself felt happy to join in over here??

WiB
19/06/2012 at 10:38
Black And Tabby wrote (see)

Well I've done my best. Was supposed to be a 4M Easy run this morning, which ended up as a 6M "why don't I explore this footpath as its such a lovely morning - oh I'm ankle deep in mud" run

Good work B&T

WiB
19/06/2012 at 10:48
B&T - I really like your comment on inclusivity, and think it's really important that everyone and anyone feels as though they can take part in the challlenge.

At the end of the day, these mileage challenges are all about individual competition (ie competing with yourself) and a tool to increase motivation. Therefore, if the challenge means you turned a 4m run into a 6m run, then it (and you) has been a success.
19/06/2012 at 11:00

10 miles in the last 2 days from me. I'm getting back into it gradually after that trouble with my back.

Great to hear your foot seems ok now, Frodo!

19/06/2012 at 11:25

B&T - I think that's one of the reasons I joined RW over Fetch. Well done on your run - I always find those kind of foot paths when I really dont want to (like when i've only got a set amount of time or when I'm really hungry).

I'll try and crank up the mileage. Am heading to the states tomorrow so will try and run around the plane and stuff like that... it'll be a long flight anyway!

19/06/2012 at 12:37
Emmy_bug wrote (see)

I'll try and crank up the mileage. Am heading to the states tomorrow so will try and run around the plane and stuff like that... it'll be a long flight anyway!

It's a shame we can't incorporate vertical mileage too

Btw - I hope my comments in last few days don't come across as advocating competitiveness at the expense of inclusivity - just suggestions on how we could catch the fetchies, but its all a game at the end of the day. And nobody should feel excluded or pushed into doing more than their comfortable with. I heartily agree with B&T and YoungPups comments. If this challenge is helping to motivate mileage improvement for people, that is the most important thing.

19/06/2012 at 12:49

Thank you wetter is better. It was a very pretty route - but very soggy!

Glad its not just me with the inclusive thing!

Drunken Euphoria on Tour - no problem with a bit of encouragement here!

Emmy_Bug - I have a vision of the steward air saying "Please can you get back to your seat ma'am - the seat belt lights are on" and you saying "Just another 0.5M - gotta beat those Fetchies!"

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.