RW v Fetch June Running Challenge

1,021 to 1,040 of 2,162 messages
14/11/2012 at 20:18

4 miles after work tonight along the canal. Beautiful run, orange sunset, crisp leaves littering the path, 4 swans swam by and one large tree root nearly ruined everything...

15/11/2012 at 11:50

Anybody behind on logging? Looks like a lot of fetchies have updated and were well behind at the minute. Some RW people got some big logging gaps since early this month. I'll be getting some good miles in today, bit tomorrow and half decent LSR at weekend touch wood.

16/11/2012 at 09:44

Think I was feeling a bit over-competitive yesterday.

Interesting few days running. Did a trail run in woods on Tuesday in shorts, t-shirt and plenty warm enough. Just me, the trees, lots of mud and headtorch - it takes more motivation to get off-road on dark nights, but always worth it. Got 11.2 in last night, but distanctly colder, part of session was sprints (very long WU and CD) and sweat was allowing the cold air through top. Coupled with moisture in air I looked like a "drowned rat" when I got home apparently, not bad going considering not raining I thought.

Going to be time for two layers most days and nights soon I think.

16/11/2012 at 21:13

Nice easy 4.08 miles along the tow path today. Headtorch in use for almost every run now but very mild here so shorts and t shirt the only way to go. 11'c, its practically summer!

17/11/2012 at 09:26

Finally managed to log in this morning. Thanks Bruce for the fix earlier this week!

will be my usual mid-pack placing I suspect (a bit like my racing really!)

Perhaps I'll have to get that run in this afternoon after all

18/11/2012 at 16:48
2 races again this weekend! A hilly 10miler yesterday and a 9.5m race today
18/11/2012 at 16:59

Nice one jason d, had to cut my run short today due to kids clubs but squeezed in 5 miles.

18/11/2012 at 19:38
15 miles for me today after 4 days forced rest... Hoping next week can be a decent mileage week ( which for me means 50+).

Bruce - if you're around, is there anyway that you could add a cumulative total page so that we could see total mileage for the year?
18/11/2012 at 19:47
Oh yes, cumulative will be good
22/11/2012 at 13:43

I know this is a bit of fun / motivational, but still do we want to finish another month second fiddle to FE?

If not, were falling well behind again, so if you see this and haven't had chance to log, please do, doesn't take long and will put a smile on all of Team RW's face  (including the mug of this slightly over-competitive plodder)

Edited: 22/11/2012 at 13:54
22/11/2012 at 13:56

yeah godammit - please all pull your fingers out, get your arses off the chair, and run RUN RUN...........

Your forum needs YOU!.......

22/11/2012 at 14:31

*pops head around corner*.... Hello.... did you call for reinforcements?.... I can only offer taper marathon, marathon and some small runs last week but if you want them - they're yours....

22/11/2012 at 15:50

Deal

22/11/2012 at 19:28

...or, in my case, No Deal, as I'm visiting from FE

23/11/2012 at 08:35
Yay for Emmy H

BOO for swittle

I'm feeling smug as I was up at 5am this morning to get 8m done and dusted. Lovely calm crisp morning up on the Downs, and I was finishing just as the racehorses started coming out for morning exercise.... Nice way to start the day
23/11/2012 at 09:58

lol!  Love the sound of your run today, YoungPup.  10k for me round Crosby & Blundellsands, including the Antony Gormley 'Iron Men' installation on Crosby Beach - those guys continue to inspire!

23/11/2012 at 12:28

We'll forgive the incursion swittle I've never seen them with my own eyes (only on tv), but I find those Iron Men quite haunting, which I think makes them effective art/sculpture (I'd like to see more of this sort of thing).

Smug you should be YP, for runs like that there should an "I'm smug cos I ran this beautiful morning whilst most the country snored" t-shirt   sounds lovely.

Different to yesterday, beat the rain for my warmup, wind strong and gusted almost to a standstill at times, but no worries. I'd seen weather forecast and expected rain between 6-7 and it came at about 20'to, as soon as the hard reps started. Hard uphill reps and fast step-drills repeated many times in battering wind and rain that soaked me through in minutes was quite a challenge - could have been a "Rocky" montage. But, felt a tad smug for seeing the session through

Edited: 23/11/2012 at 12:34
23/11/2012 at 13:21

Swittle - I've done a lot of running up and down the prom between Hall Road and Seaforth Docks, and have fond memories of the place.

DE - sounds like a tough session. Although I do a lot of running on hills I don't tend to do hill reps as such, but probably should.....

23/11/2012 at 15:08

Tbh, not a big hill and only a short set of steps, its the pace thats hard. My usual off-road hills are bigger, but taken at a pleasent dawdle for the most part Hope to get a short leg-stretcher in tonight and about 13m+ hill trail tomorrow (oh how i love weekends)

Edited: 23/11/2012 at 15:24
23/11/2012 at 17:57

Sorry guys, but still off-season down-time here

Although I might start to build the miles a bit next week....

1,021 to 1,040 of 2,162 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.