RW v Fetch June Running Challenge

1,101 to 1,120 of 2,159 messages
16/12/2012 at 12:40

Rare double for me yesterday (there and then back later), enjoyed outward leg so much that it got extended a bit

The streak runs are quite reflected on website stats aren't they? More runs fom FE, but longer runs from RW. Whis suggests to me that bothe ways work well enough for the avid runner to achieve good mileage.

16/12/2012 at 15:00

DE- well done

Well, went out TWICE today to try a long run. Gave up in the end cos feeling really rough and light-headed. Decided to skip it and return to base. Hopefully, better tomorrow.... 4.53m for the day....

16/12/2012 at 15:27

who snuck in whilst i was asleep and gave me lurgy! resting up feeling sorry for myself so will only be bare minimum today

get well soon jason! although i am glad i am not the only one have a forced reduction..

Euph - i would have to disagree..in my case i have done about 500 more miles this year than previous years and not all of that is short streak savers...but i like to be awkward

16/12/2012 at 16:17
Get well soon Jason and Clairster - hope it's just tiredness and nothing more serious...

8 and a bit for me yesterday (incl a Parkrun with my boy), followed by 17 lovely off-road miles this morning...

I think I'm going to increase my target for the month to 225, which would be my biggest month ever. This will be a bit of a stretch target, but if I can have another 50+ week next week I should be able to get there, as once I stop work for the holidays I can get a few extra miles in.
17/12/2012 at 11:56

I've just worked out that today is going to be a MOMENTOUS day...

I'm due to do a 4m recovery run today (will run it as part of my commute home), and I've just realised this will take me to 2012 miles for the year.. That means I'll have achieved the target of 2012 in 2012 I decided to set as my own personal "olympic" goal.

Woohoo

17/12/2012 at 14:00

Clairster and JD, get well soon, it says a lot for your persistance, toughness, etc... that you still managed to log more than a few miles yesterday!

Yes Clairster, I can see looking at your miles that you mix up some big weekend runs and pretty big midweek runs as well as "streak savers" (like that), which explains you riding high up there on the leaderboard - who says you can't have it all, and if somebody does why should we listen

YP!! Congratulations, so you'll be closer (or over) 2100 by end of year as your ending the year on a real high!

JR - Good to see you've made it off the bottom, now go hunt down some fetchies

We've just slipped behind, but its a really close one this month. I had intended to let my mileage slip months ago, but keep getting involved in this challenge. I'll keep pushing to reverse the trend of FE victories if everybody else will? Though if baby DE makes an early appearance the running will have to go on hold (and definately won't be in January challenge )

17/12/2012 at 14:16
Well done on the milestone, YP
DE- well done on hanging in there
Feeling better today after good night's sleep. Just as well - Day 1 of VLM plan starts today - with a double....
17/12/2012 at 20:36
6.5 nice and slow tonight, 11.88 for the day
18/12/2012 at 07:20
Clairster- see you haven't posted for yesterday - hope you're ok....
18/12/2012 at 07:37

thanks jason..just a mile or so on the tready yesterday and a few this am..think you might run away with this one

well done on the 2012v YP

Edited: 18/12/2012 at 07:56
18/12/2012 at 12:38

Glad to hear your feeling better JD, sorry to hear not so good Clairster, but wish you a speedy recovery, somebody as fit as you hopefully will.

Were behind again, I'm sure everybody is out doing their best efforts to improve their mileage and try to beat targets, but don't forget to log please. It kinda puts a downer on challenge for others if people join the challenge but forget to log as it drags down the average despit others efforts  Please, pretty please, grovel, grovel.....

18/12/2012 at 18:20

DE- forget the grovelling.

LOG YOUR MILES- WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4ish m recovery this morning and 10m with 4m tempo lite this evening. Legs starting to feel better towards the end of tonight's run.

18/12/2012 at 21:43

Celtic Runner - are you still out there

19/12/2012 at 12:41

Cheers Team, plenty of updates and its close again, sure if everybody logged we'd be pretty much neck and neck  (determined, but christmassy, face)

Good news on the recovery JD, your doing the team proud

Anyone out there bar YP beat a target this month?

19/12/2012 at 23:12
Out for a Xmas meal this evening. Managed to get 12.5 ish done first though
20/12/2012 at 05:19
9 for me yesterday, and am up at 5am to make sure I get another 8 done this morning....
20/12/2012 at 09:59
Well done, guys- we're in the lead
At the moment....
20/12/2012 at 12:03
The moment's passed!
20/12/2012 at 12:24

As has mine... work, weather and christmas shopping mean no run today (and the rain doesn't exactly mean I'll miss the run I reckon). More tomorrow and at weekend I hope.... running not rain that is.

20/12/2012 at 12:25

Still only a mile in it if anybody wanted to contribute an extra 19m (would have to be on top of their normal performance) we'd be level

1,101 to 1,120 of 2,159 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.