RW v Fetch June Running Challenge

1,281 to 1,300 of 2,161 messages
17/01/2013 at 21:37

Another "double": 3 in the morning, 7 in the evening Likely to be much quieter over the next few days tho, very little running time available, so will probably have to forego the long run for this week. Still, as snow is forecast, perhaps it's just as well that it's this weekend.

Well done on the halfway mark Grant.

JR, good to hear the motivation is back. I always think it's a nice feeling when you start to want to get out again after a period of simply dragging yourself out cos you should ...

And good running Gary and Jason.

18/01/2013 at 16:29

I'm still a little behind schedule but with my mojo well and truly back i'm hopeful of hitting my modest target of 60 miles for January. No way i was venturing out at 5am this morning, far too dangerous but once I finished work, I tiptoed up to the canal tow path and had an easy 3 miles. Not that the freezing cold, wet conditions made it easy but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Looking forward to a nice slow 10k or so Sunday morning

18/01/2013 at 17:50

Just 3 today. The snow is pretty thick on the ground. Looks like I'm tapering for Sundays Half Marathon whether I like it or not!

18/01/2013 at 20:49

Just 6 for me today. Jog down and to the gym and back, just over 5miles on the TM, good for keeping the pace up, but toooooo boring to carry on for longer. Take care in the snow

19/01/2013 at 08:22

No internet connection yesterday, but managed to run! Best of both worlds- made a big snowman in my garden with my boy, then discovered that only 2 miles away the roads were snow free! 14m followed by 1m warm down

19/01/2013 at 13:23

5 snowy miles for me yesterday, but a but slippy underfoot today so 18 on the tready.

19/01/2013 at 17:17

18 on the dreadmill is great commitment, Barry

2 runs for 14.6m for me today.

It's getting close, guys- keep it going! Don't want to find myself on the losing team on a 400m month

20/01/2013 at 14:45

Wow! This is close. I logged my 6.3 from yesterday and that moved team RW from just behind to just ahead of the Fetchies But I'm sure there are unlogged miles on both sides.

Unfortunately, I won't get a run in today. By the time I've finished lesson prep, the gym will be closed, and the roads are just a bit too icy round here after dark!

Enjoy your running guys, all still to play for!

Waves to all

20/01/2013 at 15:29

It has got a lot closer in the last few days, Juggler....

20m long run followed by 1.33m warm down to take me to over 300m for January

20/01/2013 at 16:29
Bruce and Celtic Runner- any miles to log, guys?
Gaz- hope today's half went well
Edited: 20/01/2013 at 16:30
20/01/2013 at 20:31

It was cancelled due to weather mate. I mini tapered for nothing. I'm a bit pissed off but I probably needed the cut back week any way after 3 heavy weeks (thats what I'm trying to tell myself anyway!!)

Keep up the good work guys/ gals. We're getting pegged back a bit here. Tek is throwing the miles in!

20/01/2013 at 21:01
D'oh!!!
Never mind, mate- like you say the rest will have refreshed you
Cutback week for me this week.....
21/01/2013 at 10:05

Managed 10 miles yesterday and 2.5 to work this morning

21/01/2013 at 10:15

Right then - I'm back on it this week after illness has put me way behind schedule. Did manage 10x1k on the treadmill with 90 secs recovery at 5:30 pace on Saturday morning. The only part I enjoyed was the warm down - the rest of the session made my eyes bleed.

7km on treadmill this morning and back to the gym for 10 miles tonight

21/01/2013 at 11:10

Gaz sorry to hear about the cancelled race.  Not much chance of me catching you this month - and I'm in danger of breaking my "at least half Jason" rule...

Good running RW peeps...

21/01/2013 at 11:45

Sorry, been a bit slow in updating. Now brought up to date - hope to go out this evening if it isn't too icy.

21/01/2013 at 17:10

Well done Team

I might, possibly, if I'm lucky, and all things going well, be about to allow myself off to clamber tentatively off the injury bench and join in again.

10 days of rest, plus two deep sports massages on my calf have got me to the point where I'm willing to test it with some gentle runs and see how it responds.

I did 5.5 easy miles yesterday which felt fairly normal after the first mile or so, and I followed it up today with another 4.5 around the streets of London. If I'm being completely honest my left calf still feels tight and a little stiff / bruised, but it is a thousand times better than it was, and I'm hoping that some slow, easy, flat miles will gradually loosen it out completely.

Tomorrow is a rest day, and I'm going to see a physio and hopefully get some strengthening exercises to make sure it doesn't go pop as and when I start back on some proper mara training...

21/01/2013 at 19:33

CR- well done

YP- sounds promising, but take it easy! Slow, easy miles- but not too many- followed by some good stretching may well help

MC Dave- was that km pace or mile pace?? Well done either way

2 recovery runs for 13.25m for me- followed by sports massage 

21/01/2013 at 20:07
Good to hear you are on the mend YP. As Jason says though take it very easy 4 or 5 very slow miles then rest and see how it feels over a couple of days.

Had to miss my 12 mile run yesterday fed up with the kitchen now, it was a cut back week so not to bad. 50 mile this week all being well.
22/01/2013 at 10:59

Mile pace of course JD 

Good luck young pup - hope it goes well.

13.3 miles yesterday and off for 10 miles at lunchtime which includes a visit to HMV before they stop accpeting gift vouchers again.

I'm assuming that heavy snow will put paid to track tonight

1,281 to 1,300 of 2,161 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.