RW v Fetch June Running Challenge

1,341 to 1,360 of 2,156 messages
01/02/2013 at 10:44

Well done everyone good effort, very impressed with 454 miles Jason.   I really hope you are wrong with jasonisme not being from RW, but i agree it does look odd.  

We do need the ability to withdraw from the table due to injury etc.  and say set it that 20-25mile as a minimum before you become part of the avg.  The problem being when you have to start doing things like this it sort of becomes pointless.

I have enjoyed this for the last few months, it is a real shame some people have the spoil the fun and cheat, if that is what has happened

01/02/2013 at 10:47

Noooooooooo - I only just came back to it last month and din't know it even existed beyoned last January!

Agree with GazOC this is great for wringing out those extra few miles or stepping out when only you want is a glass of wine and a chunky kitkat!

I do think I need to brush up on the rules though. Just been on to log yesterdays 12.6 and its closed. Is there a cut-off?

01/02/2013 at 14:22

Right,better get out an start Febuarys miles off. If I post my run before Jason posts his I might get 5 mins at the top of the board!

03/02/2013 at 13:41

After a couple of rest days I'm back with 21 miles in the bank this morning. Will have a gentle 5 miler tonight before the Superbowl to take me to 70 for the week. It's not a bad life all in all. 

03/02/2013 at 16:44

Guys,

Apologies for coninued absence ... but I do keep an eye on proceedings ... (and will answer any PM's as soons as I can so if I don't seem to pick any issues up from this thread then dropping me a PM will almost certainly see a swift response  )

I've just done a quick clean up of the database and basically removed any entries for the monthly figures where the monthly total was 0 which will have hopefully resolved the aforementioned problem. I will set this up to run on a weekly basis so hopefully should avoid any further problems.

However the whole premise of the challenge is on mutual trust to register miles honestly and there really is no foolproof way of stopping someone from cheating by deliberately registering a v. low mileage month on purpose to being the other teams overall average down, so unfortunately we just have to hope it continues in the spirirt the challenge was meant (and indeed has been conducted to date!).

As for my entries, weeelllllll, I am still running, although somewhat sporadicallyand only getting out on average about twice a week, but given I'm supposed to be back in full mara training this month then hopefully motivation will suddenly pop back out of its hibernative state and I'll be back in the fold !!

Teknik, thanks for offer of help of DB admin side ... let me see if there is an easy way for me to give you access to the DB (at the moment I can only access via my account which runs the whole of voodooNation so would therefore open up all the other websites that run off there .. but should be able to sort something!)

03/02/2013 at 16:55

Bruce welcome back and thanks for all the tidying up...

Hope you get back into training soon

Offer is still there (although it might be a steep teaching/learning curve)...

03/02/2013 at 19:43

Bruce -  Thanks for sorting things out.

Jase -  You contributing this month? Don't let last month's issues put you off.

04/02/2013 at 18:36
That's very impressive from lady Alton. Two 33 mile runs with one days rest

We need our leader
04/02/2013 at 22:32
Evening all!
Sorry for my absence, but I haven't run at all since Friday except for a brief Parkrun cos I found out on Friday afternoon that I had an interview at 10 am THIS MORNING including a presentation and a panel interview! Pretty much took care of my weekend! Think it went well, but won't hear for a couple of days. Will read back, but only got about 3 hours sleep last night!....
05/02/2013 at 12:16

Jase -  Good luck with the job and get running,  we need you this month.

05/02/2013 at 12:51

Top man Jase - good luck with the job mate!

05/02/2013 at 16:43

Good luck with the job Jason

05/02/2013 at 17:05
Good luck Jason,
09/02/2013 at 23:40
I've noticed that 3 of the top fetchies have run 3 marathons in 3 days this week.

I don't think we're running enough....
10/02/2013 at 06:44

They're doing the Enigma Quadzilla, so another one to go this morning...

10/02/2013 at 07:03
Shit.
10/02/2013 at 12:45

10/02/2013 at 19:01

I go away for a few days.......

Miles logged= 25 for the month so far BUT I am back properly now!!!!

11/02/2013 at 07:43
Bout time, it was getting lonely up there at the top!

Not many miles for me this weekend but got a PB at Southport 10K yesterday, 39:43, my first sub 40 minute 10K.
11/02/2013 at 10:20
Gaz- well done, mate! That's a big milestone going sub 40
6.55m of shuffling this morning, but my back and glutes loosened up towards the end. Being doing lots of stretching too this morning and seems to be doing the trick
1,341 to 1,360 of 2,156 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.