Scottish Runners

28,801 to 28,820 of 33,273 messages
04/09/2012 at 05:48

Morning 

Morning Tri: It is rare I admit .I'd wakened earlier yesterday and just dozed off

Need to catch up soon.

04/09/2012 at 06:17

Well done to Andy Murray into US Open Quarter Finals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mhr63/Great_Scottish_Run/

Highlights of Great Scottish run on bbc iplayer. I missed it as on too late last might

Will watch it later.

Edited: 04/09/2012 at 06:19
04/09/2012 at 07:40
MrsMac - last entry was ambiguous
Me: Langdale hm then (definite) Loch Ness marathon
Els: Langdale marathon with possible Loch Ness marathon
04/09/2012 at 08:16

Morning all.

new strength/weights programme sorted

Does anyone know anything about the Neil McGove half out at Kirkintilloch in October? There is not much info on the web page and I was wondering what the route was.

04/09/2012 at 19:26

Go Andy! We were lucky enough to see hime play the first round while we were in New York - he's amazing just now.

Great OH, be lovely to see you both

FFB, I haven't run it but am friends with several of the 'Kirky crazies'! What is it you'd like to know & I can ask if you like?

Back to work today Feel ok muscle-wise, just a bit footsore still. Should be ready for Loch Ness

04/09/2012 at 19:49

bm, thanks for posting the link to the iplayer vid, I'd no idea it existed. Great video, great race, great city!!

Clearly though, not much point in doing the 10k if you want to be on telly !

04/09/2012 at 20:16

Kinda windy up here but managed to drag myself out for a slow and hard 21 miles.

MrsMac (AKA MrsMacHine)
-Would be great to see you (both) at Loch Ness

04/09/2012 at 20:57

Evening

No probs Joe re 10k link.

04/09/2012 at 21:18

Seen myself in the link About 9 mins in just after it showed the map. Running in black at the far left see me running past someone then looking back hahah

04/09/2012 at 22:17

FFB - sorry about your DNF.  Suffered a DNS on Sunday myself after a month of niggles and missed the half. Changed the new gear that was causing me knee pain for my old tempos and  have ended up with two months off to repair the achilles (plural). At least it's not the knee - and is hopefully short-term. Might be fit for the Hares and Hounds 5m if it's in December again.

Ultra TC - thanks for your report, you saved me the price of a new book for the train

04/09/2012 at 22:55

Glad I wasn't on the ferry to Orkney today!

First interval session in many months tonight. I've lost some speed but it went OK. Need to sharpen up for the Glen Moray 10 miler in a couple of months and win whisky (which helps persuade my wife there is a purpose to all this pavement pounding).

ffb - The Neil McCover course is pretty tough with a lot of short ups and downs in the mid section, but with a flat if dull run in for the last few miles after climbing up from Torrance to Low Moss. Course is the old Luddon Half route shown here:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/52047022

and run anti-clockwise. Elevation gain more like 125m. The weather can't be any worse that 2011, that's for sure!

05/09/2012 at 05:49

Morning

4.5M Steadily done. It was dry, cooler no wind so a nice morning for it. getting a wee bit colder so will need some gloves when running in morning soon.

Morning Tri

05/09/2012 at 07:42

Morning all, spin bike for me last night and abs work. Did 31k of mixed effort. Run tonight. Thanks for the course info 57.5, it does not sound that appealing.

05/09/2012 at 08:05

morning BM and FFB.

Later posting as was out for a wee spin on the bike. Bf not sufficiently dressed and now complaining of being cold and wet hmmm.... numpty

still, nice wee spin.

Ally glad to be of service

Neil McCover half - one I'll consider if I can make it, although have the Amsterdam half in Oct as well.

Post Ultra will be picking up the miles this weekend/next week. Bf off hiking with a pal.

Right best get to work

06/09/2012 at 05:47

Morning

Quiet yesterday on here eh !

Morning Tri

We'd a guy early 20s in yesterday enquiring about joining the Royal Marines.They asked him about his fitness levels.' I've competed for Great Britain in the Decathlon !' was his reply

06/09/2012 at 06:51

morning BM

climbing last night... love it!! Really enjoying seeing improvement in strength without lifting weights

wow impressive BM re the applicant for the Marines!

Horrid day ahead at work... cant wait to get it done with

06/09/2012 at 08:14
Dreich here today but hoping to get out for run with JS group later.
06/09/2012 at 08:24

Morning all, a good wee 6.5 last night . Had a wee altercation with a road sign whilst dodging a ned in Pollokshaws  he was not going to move so I had to dodge round him and picked the wrong side, walloped my arm just near the elbow off the edge of a road sign. Nice cut and bruising  It really hurt and I felt sick, but just kept going until I was out of the area. A nice mum with a couple of toddlers gave me a tissue to mop the cut. carried on and finished my run. The bruising is quite bad and it really hurts if I hold anything with any weight. What an idiot

06/09/2012 at 10:08

((FFB))

06/09/2012 at 18:09

Sorry about your accident FFB. 

I haven't run since the half marathon on Saturday - decided to have a couple of easy weeks. Will run tomorrow evening if I feel like it. Volunteering at the parkrun on Saturday.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.