Scottish Runners

29,001 to 29,020 of 33,653 messages
10/09/2012 at 14:16

I'll be expecting to see you up in Queens Park dragging a tyre .

10/09/2012 at 18:58

Wow FFB! How exciting Good luck with all the organising. The refrigerated warehouse sounds like a good(?) idea

10/09/2012 at 20:44

Wow - you certainly don't go for the easy option FFB. Good luck with fund-raising. I'll sponsor you - I'm hoping that if and when I get Alzheimer's they'll be better treatment for it!

11/09/2012 at 05:53

Morning

Dreich day so far.Mind you it is early

FFB: all the best

Morning Tri and TP

Thanks for good wishes re my neice. Much appreciated. She is seemingly almost fully recovered.

11/09/2012 at 06:00
11/09/2012 at 06:43

morning

wow good luck with that FFB!! That takes real determination... I must say too much for me, dont think I could do with all the fundraising, I often find it hard enough to collect a hundred quid from people at work good luck!!

Well done Murray!!!  Excellent sporting times!!

I was pretty knackered last night and leg still a bit sore, so ended up having a rest day and will swim tonight. Running tomorrow.

The cycle itself was awesome though. Great weather, great people, and I got to meet Mark Beaumont who kindly signed my cycle top for me Lovely guy. The route  was as I remember it from the last time I did that route (last year I did the sportive).. and it was just a great day all in.

I finished in 3:20 which for me was pretty good!! Happy days and desperate to do that route again soon now I have my confidence back.

Now time to up the mileage (towards the end of the week Ill start by doing a couple of 10k runs and up to maybe 8 or so next week) starting the HM training for October.

Right, work calls

11/09/2012 at 07:24

Well done Andy Murray!!

11/09/2012 at 08:02

Morning all. I must be insane. I know how hard it is to fundraise (having done quite a bit in the past, and that was self funded events), and I have saddled myself with 2 rounds of it: one to actually participate and one for the charity. I just have to hope that I can sell myself and my determination to companies in return for a sympathetic ear, the lure of advertising and free motivational speaking or consultancy

Alison, I know what you mean. OH has lost 2 aunts to Alzheimers and my uncle has it although early stages, but he is young. We have friends who have lost parents too. It is actually one of my worst fears. I think I am more scared of that than the big C.

15 miles on the spin bike last night and hopefully 6 mile run tonight.

11/09/2012 at 10:21

Well done on the cycle ride UTC - nice to meet Mark B too, he seems like a nice chap .

Brilliant for Andy Murray .

Probably do a short run later. Not had any final details on RAW yet......cutting it a bit fine !

11/09/2012 at 11:36

well done Andy Murray

FFB  That sounds amazing if daunting

11/09/2012 at 13:08

Yes, indeed, great to see Andy Murray finally get a grand slam

11/09/2012 at 19:04

Yes, fantastic win for Andy Murray.

Good run this evening. Bright and sunny but quite cold here.

11/09/2012 at 19:08

Evening

Just in to have a nosey and catch up

11/09/2012 at 19:10

ffb- looks like "fun" ( what we call "type 2 fun"..................great once it's over!). Didn't sit up to watch murray match, but glad he's finally got over that hurdle.

So- SPOTY- Wiggo/ murray/ ennis/ hoy/ weir?????????????????

I've been on my feet in theatre all day, knackered, think I'll switch to winter mode for a short commute tomorrow- weather may be dodgy, not sure, but there's ceratinly not enough day light for the full 11 miles each way, plus a days' work! Anyway- I'm 'sposed to be tapering, so that's my excuse.

11/09/2012 at 19:40

Tricialitt:Bradley Wiggins for SPOTY for me.

11/09/2012 at 21:10
"So- SPOTY- Wiggo/ murray/ ennis/ hoy/ weir?????????????????"
Surely Farah has to be added to this list (and he have my vote closely followed by Wiggins)
11/09/2012 at 23:17

Add Rory McIlroy? He plays a silly game but he's awfully good at it!

I think I'd vote for Mo, with Murray over Hoy for Scottish SPOTY. But it is hard not to give it to Wiggins or Murray who both did something I doubted I'd see in my lifetime a few years back.

Winter seems to have arrived in the north with cold winds and drizzle. Luckily I'm off to Englandshire for the weekend where it might be a little warmer. Hope to make an English parkrun, then party in Oxfordshire with people I worked in Malawi with 20 years ago.

ffb - scary challenge. The fundraising, not the running which should be fun.

I met Mark Beaumont on his round the world ride, and joined him for about 0.1% of the way. Sadly there seems to be a conspiracy to stop me ever getting to one of his talks. The latest example being next week when he's in Inverness and I'm off to Glasgow for the Champions League game.

12/09/2012 at 05:46

Morning

Steadyily plodded round this morning

57.5: Read Mark Beaumonts book Cycling Americas, found it a fascinating account.

OH : Good shouts re adding Mo Farah. I'll add Greg Rutherford.

Edited: 12/09/2012 at 05:47
12/09/2012 at 06:57

morning BM

Mark Beaumont's 1st book with his round the world record attempt was also excellent and worth a read.

Hmmm SPOTY, they all deserve something I think!! So hard to choose!!

Looking forward to run tonight although will be taking care as still have some discomfort in back of my leg.

Inverness you say 57.5? Id love to make one his talks too!!

Best get a move on then....

12/09/2012 at 10:04

Morning to the lot of You .

SPOTY - yeah too hard to choose!! I would love to see Wiggo, Farah, Ennis etc but I would lay money on they give it to some no-mark footballer or racing driver as per . It is such a BBC chauvinist old boys network, if they give it to a woman I will eat my skanky running cap !!

Chaos round here last night with the Scotland game, loads of folks came by car , some spectacular near-misses on the roads with people desperate to park ....and in the ground it would seem !! They got boo-ed off by the fans......

GB is used to success and medal winning now.....to me the biggest Olympic legacy would be if they invested more money in grass roots cycling, athletics, tennis etc, and less importance was placed on prima donnas kicking a ball around .

Ooh that was quite a good taper-rant even by my standards .

Still nothing from RAW .....errrrrrm I guess I just turn up.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.