Scottish Runners

29,081 to 29,100 of 33,434 messages
03/10/2012 at 23:30

MrsMac - worth a look in at ear canal and drum.
If they're normal then there's nothing very effective for symptomatic relief of tinnitus

04/10/2012 at 05:47

Morning

5M Fartlek done. Cold when out,  so wore gloves for 1st time this autumn.

I'm sure they're putting up the Christmas Lights in Renfrew, saw them yesterday when on bus going to work !

Morning Tri

I'm not sure re whether I'd go back to being 17. Got some decent memories from and some close family have passed on since when I was 17. Dunno if I'd like to be 17 nowadays though ?

Edited: 04/10/2012 at 05:49
04/10/2012 at 07:19

morning BM

christmas lights...

MrsMac, I once had an ear infection which resulted in labrynthitis... then chronic fatigue... but I did need antibiotics for the initial infection. Not sure about the tinitus but antibiotics might help with the inflammation if there is any which might help the dizziness etc... not nice though. Take it easy.

Run tonight. Hopefully not too stressful at work.

04/10/2012 at 08:36

Morning all. Tricky week so far for training with nights out and disasters at work and a call with someone who can help with the PR side of my antarctic challenge. So it was unexpected rest day on Monday, tuesday was late night core work and lower body strength training, Wednesday was an early morning spin (5.40am) 12.5 miles, and a post work run of 7.75 with a speed interval session in the middle. No training today as out at the ballet tonight although i might be able to squeeze in some more strength and core work. Tomorrow will have to be an early morning session as it is Mr FFB's birthday and we are out for dinner.

Er, sorry what have I missed: TP 'certain race'???? I musty have missed picking up on something when i read back after my holiday.

I need to work out my race plan for next year very carefully as I need to build it into my antarctic training. I think I need a coach/trainer to help with this and hopefully one that will discount their services or give then for free as in kind sponsorship. My definites are Strathear, Clyde Stride and Aberfeldy. Trying to decide on Fling and or Devil ..... not sure if they would be right for my end goal or not.

04/10/2012 at 09:57

Morning all

BM - Christmas?  Not be long I suppose ......

FFB - I've got an entry for the South Downs Way 100, mid-June . They finally managed to get their servers working and processed 100 entrys in the first 10mins of opening !!! Mad, or what? It has calmed down a bit now and they still have places left, so all that mad twitter-induced rush was a bit silly really .

Would like to do Strathearn mara again but I think it clashes with SDW next year.

Do the Fling FFB .......it will certainly help build up strength and endurance anyway .

04/10/2012 at 11:02

Hi TP, ah yes, the English Ultra's do seem to attract a lot more hype and social media attention.

BTW, the Glen Ogle reserve list has now come into operation and some folks have been given places. However, having seen the size of the reserve list I think there will be a lot disappointed folks.

Yep, I should enter the fling as I know it would be good preparation for strength & endurance.

Interestingly, after doing a bit of thinking over the last couple of months, whilst I am keen to continue to explore my ultra capability, I have decided that I actually do not want to become a hill runner. Happy with trails, happy with a fair amount of climb, but I actually think that something like the full WHW is not for me. Not sure though. I will just have to see how things go.

04/10/2012 at 14:10

Aha - come over to the 'flat' side FFB . Hills are over-rated - I have found a great liking for the flat, canal paths, riverside paths etc.......strangely this feeling came upon me once I had returned from the Lake District .

Undulations - fine. Fecking great mountains that only the elite can run - nah, think I'll pass .

04/10/2012 at 20:20

I think what you call undulations I would call hills TP. I've certainly no desire to run up mountains.

6 mile fartlek this evening. Felt really good. Girls broke up from school today, and we're off to Northumberland tomorrow for a week - looking forward to running on the coastal path.

04/10/2012 at 20:39

AlisoN: Northumberland is good, Been down there a few times.

04/10/2012 at 22:37

Happy Holidays Alison.

Lol Cragchick - good mountain running there . Yeah, the Fling better not sell out too quickly . Guess we at least have the advantage up here of being considerably less populated than the South of England  (although it feels like too many people in Glasgow some times, don't think my anti-socialness could cope with English numbers!!).

Just seen on the news that 2014 athletics is being held at Hampden!! Hurrah no football ....worth going away and renting flat out maybe .

05/10/2012 at 05:43

Morning

TP: Yeah this will be my 2nd Commonwelath Games. Went to athletics at Meadowbank back in July 1986. Tickets cost me £4.  Uncovered seating on back straight.

Morning Tri

No milk left in our house this mornig, so I can't get my coffee Not chuffed.

Edited: 05/10/2012 at 05:44
05/10/2012 at 06:32

morning BM

early interval training shortly. climbing tonight.

late home from work last night so missed club run core and strength work instead as was shattered.

Have a nice time in Northumberland Alison!

05/10/2012 at 07:53

Enjoy Northumberland Alison.

Eek. Athletics at Hampden is going to be far too tempting. Its a 10 min walk from me.

No training yesterday as predicted and failed to get up early enough this morning to fit any in before work: had to sort out Mr FFB's birthday pressies. Might manage to squeeze something in after work and before going out for birthday dinner. Long run tomorrow though and i think I might push for 20 given that I managed 17.5 last weekend.

05/10/2012 at 13:55

Happy Birthday to Mr FFB .

Wow Birkmyre - £4? Probably 10x that now? (or more?)

UTC - extra rest day will probably do your legs good for Sunday

Good luck Cragchick, and happy racing / training everyone else.

Kirkintilloch Half for me on Sunday, so no run tommorrow.

05/10/2012 at 19:54

Evenig

TP: Yeah pretty sure it was £4 for those seats back in 1986. Reckon you're right probably be about £40 in 2014 !.

05/10/2012 at 22:04

Marathon start and finish is at Hampden too...deck chairs out at TP's? Expecting RB to chase them down the street.

Still not allowed to run, but I went to the club session to use the gym instead. Mainly bike & stretches, but still sore today...now hope to be back for Dunbartonshire XC

06/10/2012 at 08:39

Morning

Lovely sunny/cold autumnal day here in Erskine. Just walked Geordie for 1.5 hrs. He's happily tired.

06/10/2012 at 10:32

Commonwealth games will be great- I've competed in 2, and volunteered at 1, spectated at another- well worth joining in. Looking forward to it.

Recovery going well- ie I've done nothing this week. Familyvisiting.

Back to running next week

06/10/2012 at 10:38

Might ditch my planned 20 today and succumb to my general feeling of laziness and potter in the garden instead. Naughty, I know, but .....

If anyone is feeling creative do you have any suggestions for a name for my antartctic challenge?

At the moment we have the rather long and alliterative:

Audrey's Alzheimers Antarctic Adventure .......

Artistic baby FFB reckons she can create agood logo from that. PR person I know reckons it ticks boxes in that it has my name, the charty name and the event in it.

06/10/2012 at 16:15

Ally - I might have moved house by then, but yeah, if I'm still around here, deckchairs and cold beer at my hoose to see the marathon finish !

FFB - cannot think of anything off the top of my head that doesnt make it sound like someone with Alzheimers is wandering around lost in the Antarctic ! Will have a think.....

Cycling today, out on the cycle route, lovely this afternoon, although Pollok Park was Hell with millions of people everywhere! Glad to get through there!!

Now to decide which road shoes to wear tommorrow . Almost worn out ones that are comfy, new ones that make my knee sore, or other new ones that feel like two rocks attached to the feet . Might have to be worn out ones .....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.