Scottish Runners

29,081 to 29,100 of 33,315 messages
17/09/2012 at 19:03

Hail Hail

Popping in to say "Hello".

Saw TP at the start of RAW (actually I had to shout "Tigerspaw" at her to get her attention!).  Had a tough day at the office - wind, mud, and the cows chasing you back down the hill.  Struggled home for 4th place in 6.08.  FWIW, the course is NOT 44miles, I got it measured (so did at least 1 other) at 40.7miles.  TP - the course is slightly shorter than when I did it 2 yrs ago when it also finished at the Citadel (that year I had it as 41.03miles).  But yes, the wind for almost the whole way was energy sapping.  Thanks to Kirsty who drove all over Ayrshire trying to find the various CPs, mostly to no avail!  Coke and Mars bars - I may have found the perfect race nutrition.

Ended up at the SUMS awards party with 3rd overall for the series rather than 1st MV, as the awards were a bit disorganised.  Nice wee bit of glassware to add to the collection.

Elspeth - Glen Ogle is full, but if you contact Bill, he'll add you to a "reserve list" - wasnt too much of a problem for folk last year.

17/09/2012 at 20:01

RB, well done on the SUMS placing I looked at the Glen Ogle waiting list for Glen Ogle, they're up to 30+ so don't know if they'll take any more. Worth an ask though.

Happy hols OH & Els

Slept for 2 hours when I got in tonight Hope I sleep later

17/09/2012 at 20:15

Well Done Running Bhoy on your placing . Sorry I was in a bit of a dwam at the start, had been chatting to John D. about work, right up until getting off the bus, so mind not focused on running stuff .

Some guys said they measured RAW on training runs at 43.9m....I knew deep down that was not right. Last year the council gumf said Catrine was 22miles, but I got it at 19m on the garmin, so their measurements are a bit screwy somewhere. Muddy cow field at Stair was my low point - not good, I added about 0.5m there going back and forth in confusion, then wasnt sure if I had missed a CP or not!!!  Because we finished at Dam Park last year, it certainly felt like it was going on forever this year, numerous pub-drunk dodging by the time I made Ayr town.

17/09/2012 at 21:55

Some good running going on

17/09/2012 at 21:56

Yeah Tri as early as that ! He was 'needing' big time.

17/09/2012 at 23:50

First 'winter' run of the season, cold, damp, dark and windy. Just how I like it!

Hail, hail RB, well done on the SUMS place! Are you going to the game Wednesday? It'll be my first European game in a decade (though in my defence I lived a very long way away for most of that time). A diet of Coke and Mars Bars might keep your dentist busy...

Happy hols to those in the Lake District. My wife tells me the weather is rotten in the Peak District which does not bode well.

18/09/2012 at 05:43

4M Steadily done. Okayish run.

RB A Well Done on your 4th place and 3rd overall. Menat to say that last night, but forgot !

Morning Tri.

18/09/2012 at 07:03

morning BM, hope you managed to stay awake after your early rise

good workouts last night. run tonight, 10k fartlek and some gym work.

well done RB

57.5, yes definitely winter has started of late...

have a good day everyone!

18/09/2012 at 13:50

Birkmyre - your dog sounds like my cat - when they want out, they want out, and that is all there is to it . I have been clawed numerous times because I didnt get up early enough to open the front door 'on demand' !!

Been for a slow run today to get the legs moving and then did a really good stretch. Everything seems to be in working order , although it was a plod and enjoy the sunshine type run.

My birthday tommorrow and for the first year in ages I will be able to indulge in a little drinkies on the day because I dont have another race for ages . That was nice timing of them holding RAW a week earlier this year!! HIC!!!

Good luck to Celtic tommorrow for those going .

18/09/2012 at 17:05
Helvellyn, the easy way, for Els and me today. 90 min car to summit. Fierce cold wind on top. Now in Ambleside teashop.
18/09/2012 at 18:34

OH - that sounds like you drove to the top of Helvellyn ! Reminds me of the 4x4 they found on Snowdon recently!!!

Can vouch for good teashops in Ambleside .

18/09/2012 at 21:36

evening...

hard 10k tempo tonight... literally ran til I had to stop. good to have sessions like that again but boy it was tough!! think I managed the 10k in about 48... not bad considering Ive only ever once ran sub 48 in a race. And it wasnt a flat either. Suffered afterwards though. Good to have a good quick run though. Next run planned for Thursday at the track and then Sat and Sunday... probably ashorter and longer run,

19/09/2012 at 06:01

Morning

Happy Birthday TP

Morning Tri: Good 10k last night.

Yeah Geordie sometimes 'needs' in middle of night. I wasn't in a great mood in work on Monday when somebody started 'rabbiting' at me early about something very trivial.

Very auntumnal now, gloves on soon for my morning runs I think.

Edited: 19/09/2012 at 06:02
19/09/2012 at 06:59

morning BM!

Happy Birthday TP Fun times planned I hope.

heating on last night for the 1st time... brrrr

was shattered after my run last night.. think I pushed harder than planned! No bad thing though.

Maybe climbing tonight...either that or circuit training. Waiting to see what bfs plans are!!

19/09/2012 at 13:57

Definite chill to the air today . Been for a Birthday cycle over Eaglesham Moor, winter hat and gloves required!! Nice in the sun, just that ever-present wind cuts right through you.

UTC - my heating has been on for about 3wks ! But only for a couple of hours in the evening - helps dry the washing.....and stops the house getting damp, what with all these wet trail shoes kicking about .

19/09/2012 at 19:44

Happy birthday TP. Good luck for the weekend to you, Elspeth, OH and anyone else racing at the weekend.

Well done RB on your SUMS placing, and well done UTC - that's a fast 10k.

I'm off to a conference tomorrow; away unitl Sunday. It looks fairly intense but hope to get one or two runs in.

19/09/2012 at 20:30

Happy Birthday TP

Sounds like a good hard session in there UTC.

It is getting very chilly isn't it? Had to dig out the bedsocks last night (lucky MrMac) Did intervals on the treadie tonight. 6 x 3 mins @ 7min/mile, It does feel good to run a bit faster/stronger

19/09/2012 at 22:02

evening.

hope you've had a great birthday TP!!!  Cycle sounds nice despite the temperature!

Not so cold tonight though, cycling home from gym wasnt half as cold as last night!!

Sounds like a good session MrsMac, I ended up with Metafit (high intensity intervals class of 30mins-torture!!) then my 1st yoga class in ages... phew!! Great to find one that fits in again though!

Hope the conference goes well Alison. Thanks, yeah although that was a tough run for me, it felt good to know I could run that time off the back of not much running lately, on a hilly route and after a day's work

Think bed will be calling soon after that day!!

Signed up for West Districts XC relay champs in a few weeks... looks like fun!! (Enjoyed the Nationals last year so decided to sign up again!).

Hope everyone is well.

19/09/2012 at 22:18

oooh and def need new road shoes... Speyside killed them, officially!! Shopping time  (online anyway).

20/09/2012 at 05:54

Morning

Wet out a heavy drizzle when out. 4M Steadily done.

Morning Tri

Alison: Enjoy your conference.

TP: Hope you'd a good birthday.

Got the book ;The Dirtiest Race Ever'  The story of Olympic mens 100m from 1988.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.