Scottish Runners

29,081 to 29,100 of 33,653 messages
18/09/2012 at 18:34

OH - that sounds like you drove to the top of Helvellyn ! Reminds me of the 4x4 they found on Snowdon recently!!!

Can vouch for good teashops in Ambleside .

18/09/2012 at 21:36

evening...

hard 10k tempo tonight... literally ran til I had to stop. good to have sessions like that again but boy it was tough!! think I managed the 10k in about 48... not bad considering Ive only ever once ran sub 48 in a race. And it wasnt a flat either. Suffered afterwards though. Good to have a good quick run though. Next run planned for Thursday at the track and then Sat and Sunday... probably ashorter and longer run,

19/09/2012 at 06:01

Morning

Happy Birthday TP

Morning Tri: Good 10k last night.

Yeah Geordie sometimes 'needs' in middle of night. I wasn't in a great mood in work on Monday when somebody started 'rabbiting' at me early about something very trivial.

Very auntumnal now, gloves on soon for my morning runs I think.

Edited: 19/09/2012 at 06:02
19/09/2012 at 06:59

morning BM!

Happy Birthday TP Fun times planned I hope.

heating on last night for the 1st time... brrrr

was shattered after my run last night.. think I pushed harder than planned! No bad thing though.

Maybe climbing tonight...either that or circuit training. Waiting to see what bfs plans are!!

19/09/2012 at 13:57

Definite chill to the air today . Been for a Birthday cycle over Eaglesham Moor, winter hat and gloves required!! Nice in the sun, just that ever-present wind cuts right through you.

UTC - my heating has been on for about 3wks ! But only for a couple of hours in the evening - helps dry the washing.....and stops the house getting damp, what with all these wet trail shoes kicking about .

19/09/2012 at 19:44

Happy birthday TP. Good luck for the weekend to you, Elspeth, OH and anyone else racing at the weekend.

Well done RB on your SUMS placing, and well done UTC - that's a fast 10k.

I'm off to a conference tomorrow; away unitl Sunday. It looks fairly intense but hope to get one or two runs in.

19/09/2012 at 20:30

Happy Birthday TP

Sounds like a good hard session in there UTC.

It is getting very chilly isn't it? Had to dig out the bedsocks last night (lucky MrMac) Did intervals on the treadie tonight. 6 x 3 mins @ 7min/mile, It does feel good to run a bit faster/stronger

19/09/2012 at 22:02

evening.

hope you've had a great birthday TP!!!  Cycle sounds nice despite the temperature!

Not so cold tonight though, cycling home from gym wasnt half as cold as last night!!

Sounds like a good session MrsMac, I ended up with Metafit (high intensity intervals class of 30mins-torture!!) then my 1st yoga class in ages... phew!! Great to find one that fits in again though!

Hope the conference goes well Alison. Thanks, yeah although that was a tough run for me, it felt good to know I could run that time off the back of not much running lately, on a hilly route and after a day's work

Think bed will be calling soon after that day!!

Signed up for West Districts XC relay champs in a few weeks... looks like fun!! (Enjoyed the Nationals last year so decided to sign up again!).

Hope everyone is well.

19/09/2012 at 22:18

oooh and def need new road shoes... Speyside killed them, officially!! Shopping time  (online anyway).

20/09/2012 at 05:54

Morning

Wet out a heavy drizzle when out. 4M Steadily done.

Morning Tri

Alison: Enjoy your conference.

TP: Hope you'd a good birthday.

Got the book ;The Dirtiest Race Ever'  The story of Olympic mens 100m from 1988.

20/09/2012 at 06:48

morning BM

easy run  and track intervals tonight. swim after, technique session.

looking forward to it, as long as work isnt too stressful...

off in early to sort out some audit figures...

20/09/2012 at 10:18

Morning all

Yep a decent birthday swag haul, new shorts, socks. After my morning cycle I almost fell asleep in the afternoon , must be old age !

Various birthday texts from friends throughout the day, but none from my parents , despite them sending me two cards (as one went missing presumed lost in the post) and making a massive fuss last week when I said don't worry about getting another card, its just more expense etc, then them sending another anyway. So I was starting to get quite annoyed as the evening went on...then about 8pm I get a text from my mother just saying 'I will text you tommorrow on your Birthday' .....you would think having given birth to someone you would at least remember what date it was (albeit a long time ago!!!!) . She had convinced herself it was today and no-one was going to tell her differently!!!

Entry now in for Kirkintilloch on the 7th .

UTC - I was actually thinking anyone wearing road shoes at RAW on Saturday would probably be putting them in the bin by now - talk about stinky-farm quaqmire !

20/09/2012 at 11:50
Back in WiFi land temporarily at dad's. Bit of turmoil here as sister taken into hospital last night.
TP happy birthday
No cars on Helvellyn although it could be said I was "driven"!
Langdale on Saturday
21/09/2012 at 06:43

morning

climbing tonight... thank heavens its Friday, been a tough week!!

Ordered new Asics,although different model than normal... hopefully will be ok!!

Need to enter Kirki, hopefully wont be booked out by tonight.

Great weekend of training ahead... just glad that miserable rain has stopped!!

21/09/2012 at 06:44

OH, hope your sister is ok!!!

21/09/2012 at 10:20
Thanks UTC sister much improved after iv antibiotics and now back home.
Rest today before Langdale half 2moro
21/09/2012 at 13:41

Afternoon

Good luck Elspeth and OH tommorrow. Looks like a good forecast.

Frosty this morning, gloves out for my run. Legs okay but I'm sticking with short runs this week.

Happy training UTC and good weekends to everyone.

21/09/2012 at 16:49
Thanks TP
Excellent forecast - shorts and vest out ready!
Nice today too - stroll around Buttermere followed by teashop.
Theatre-by-the-Lake this evening.
21/09/2012 at 18:37

Hail Hail

Happy B'day TP.  And fwiw, my road shoes (Pegasus) were fine for RAW, and after a hose down are good as new.  Well, if I'm honest, they were pretty filthy already so I'm not too bothered.

57 - no, had to work.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Played ok, but without much bite upfront.  Not the worst result in the world.  It would have been worse had we been playing Queen of the South

21/09/2012 at 19:08

Slightly belated happy returns TP!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.