Scottish Runners

29,101 to 29,120 of 33,380 messages
20/09/2012 at 06:48

morning BM

easy run  and track intervals tonight. swim after, technique session.

looking forward to it, as long as work isnt too stressful...

off in early to sort out some audit figures...

20/09/2012 at 10:18

Morning all

Yep a decent birthday swag haul, new shorts, socks. After my morning cycle I almost fell asleep in the afternoon , must be old age !

Various birthday texts from friends throughout the day, but none from my parents , despite them sending me two cards (as one went missing presumed lost in the post) and making a massive fuss last week when I said don't worry about getting another card, its just more expense etc, then them sending another anyway. So I was starting to get quite annoyed as the evening went on...then about 8pm I get a text from my mother just saying 'I will text you tommorrow on your Birthday' .....you would think having given birth to someone you would at least remember what date it was (albeit a long time ago!!!!) . She had convinced herself it was today and no-one was going to tell her differently!!!

Entry now in for Kirkintilloch on the 7th .

UTC - I was actually thinking anyone wearing road shoes at RAW on Saturday would probably be putting them in the bin by now - talk about stinky-farm quaqmire !

20/09/2012 at 11:50
Back in WiFi land temporarily at dad's. Bit of turmoil here as sister taken into hospital last night.
TP happy birthday
No cars on Helvellyn although it could be said I was "driven"!
Langdale on Saturday
21/09/2012 at 06:43

morning

climbing tonight... thank heavens its Friday, been a tough week!!

Ordered new Asics,although different model than normal... hopefully will be ok!!

Need to enter Kirki, hopefully wont be booked out by tonight.

Great weekend of training ahead... just glad that miserable rain has stopped!!

21/09/2012 at 06:44

OH, hope your sister is ok!!!

21/09/2012 at 10:20
Thanks UTC sister much improved after iv antibiotics and now back home.
Rest today before Langdale half 2moro
21/09/2012 at 13:41

Afternoon

Good luck Elspeth and OH tommorrow. Looks like a good forecast.

Frosty this morning, gloves out for my run. Legs okay but I'm sticking with short runs this week.

Happy training UTC and good weekends to everyone.

21/09/2012 at 16:49
Thanks TP
Excellent forecast - shorts and vest out ready!
Nice today too - stroll around Buttermere followed by teashop.
Theatre-by-the-Lake this evening.
21/09/2012 at 18:37

Hail Hail

Happy B'day TP.  And fwiw, my road shoes (Pegasus) were fine for RAW, and after a hose down are good as new.  Well, if I'm honest, they were pretty filthy already so I'm not too bothered.

57 - no, had to work.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Played ok, but without much bite upfront.  Not the worst result in the world.  It would have been worse had we been playing Queen of the South

21/09/2012 at 19:08

Slightly belated happy returns TP!

22/09/2012 at 09:12

Bl**dy cold run this morning! Hands just wouldn't warm up. Checked the weather site when I got back and found it was only about +1 deg!!

22/09/2012 at 14:29

Quiet on here the last few days!!

Just back from a 10 miler, gorgeous day for it. Cold but lovely early on. Got some new Asics as the others are binned. Slightly different to my norm, they are Asics Gel Hyper-33 (Last few pairs have been Nimbus 11-13!). They feel nice and whats more they are purple  (I also have a purple pair of Asics Tarthers (wee "flats" types)... I have a bit of a purple obsession to be honest

Popping into town soon, will walk in once bf back from his run. Out tonight with a friend for a few birthday drinks and hard sessions planned for tomorrow. Going to train with old gym buddies from before I moved

Hope Elspeth and OH are getting/got on ok!

22/09/2012 at 20:22
Well, I'm not doing very well at keeping up with this forum. Happy belated birthday TP.
22/09/2012 at 22:40
Lovely day at Langdale half. 2h11m10 (9 minute PCB). Interesting splits due to "undulating" terrain. Els did the full, her first post stress fracture, in 4y28m38. Both pleased. Home tomorrow via Aberdeen.
22/09/2012 at 23:04

RB - for the QoS comment. I had a great time at the game, last European night I was at was a defeat in about 2000!

Stunning run in Kinlochleven today. Last time I remember this place was my first WHW walk in 1982, it was pissing down with rain and the most miserable place imaginable. Today the sun was shining, the place is reborn due to the popularity of the WHW and the scenery is great. Off to run in Glencoe tomorrow, which will always be up at the top of my favourite places in Scotland no matter what the weather throws at me there.

23/09/2012 at 10:49
Oops Els did 4h28m38 not 4y28m38!
23/09/2012 at 13:49
Hi again,

Have finally caught up. Noticing the change of name, ultra TC, and congratulations on your achievement. Also Elspeth well done on the marathon. Well done TP andRB on RAW too... Though I fear that may be one abbreviation too many and am trying to figure out what it is.
Alison, congrats on your PB.
So, since I last posted I managed 2 out of 4 of tour of clydeside. Managed to miss one race because I couldn't find the start! Also done Bella Belter (didn't exactly 'belt' it) and a very slow Stirling 10k. I'm blaming the Stirling time - just short of 49 on the lurch that appeared the day after and has hung around all week.
I sgned up for something called 5 x 50 which entailed promising to run 5k every day for 50 days. Thought it would be a great motivator...didn't manage yesterday's though. Could just about make it off the sofa. I'm just going to do it twice another day and not give myself a hard time about it.
What races are coming up then, folks? I signed up for the Loch Ness 10k but haven't got anywhere to stay, so might just have to give it a miss. Next definite is Jedburgh. Is anyone considering any of those races? Also, anyone doing Southside six. Happy not to be doing it this year, but think some of you fitter ultra types would really enjoy it.
Right, time to attempt today's effort. If it goes well, a long run tomorrow.
23/09/2012 at 13:49
Lurgy, not lurch. iPad autocorrect strikes again!
23/09/2012 at 16:53

welcome back IJ!

You did better than me, I didnt manage any of the ToC, totally forgot despite writing them in my diary!! Saw that 5x50 thing but doubt I could motivate myself to run every day. Train yes (in some form) but always run? probably not. Hope your lurgy clears up!!

Ive done the LN Marathon but not the 10k etc... just stayed in a hostel at Fort Augustus, not sure if they'd have dorms spare at this stage but could be worth checking. Not doing Jedburgh either. Having a September free of racing to get some good training in before the XC season starts... Reps with club back on tomorrow.

Amsterdam Half and Kirki half October though then a few other bits and pieces towards Nov/Dec. Picking up the cycling over the winter as well as we've booked a training camp for April in Mallorca (Triathlon). So need to get the fitness up before then!!

Well done Elspeth and OH! Great times!!

Off out for dinner to our old haunt at the 78, seeing as we're off tomorrow!! Rain forecast so climbing it is through the day.

23/09/2012 at 17:17
IanJames - doing Loch Ness marathon (did 10k last year)
A friend is doing 10k
No suggestions on accommodation but it will be busy

Now on boat back to Orkney - work tomorrow
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.