Scottish Runners

29,161 to 29,180 of 32,847 messages
27/09/2012 at 11:58

Hey BM is back .

No run this morning, currently waiting in for courier......

Parents up this weekend so that is going to put a serious dent in the training (and my sanity) .

Good luck everyone going to Loch Nessie at the weekend . Look forward to some good reports.

27/09/2012 at 13:58

Was going to try a long run today but just not got head in right place, so off into the hills anyway, much bog - some amazing bog moss to admire (soooo many different colours, looked fab) and not a lot of path, soaking wet feet (which I couldn't feel by the end), 8 miles lates in a much better state of mind!!

MrsMac - it's a Nathan Intensity Hydration Vest http://www.mightcontainnuts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=792 - and I loved it actually. Really comfortable as I can never get waists on packs to sit right. Got it from ChainReaction Cycles. Can fit quite a bit in it, but not too much!!

Ooh yes, forgot about Lochness Mara - GOODLUCK! Guess some of my club will be across doing that.

TP - , deep breathes, keep sane. Is it just for the weekend? Mine are coming in October for a whole week. Will be lovely to see them and kids are v excited but 8 days is a loooong time!

Edited: 27/09/2012 at 14:00
27/09/2012 at 15:06

Mrs Mac/Cragchick/TP - thanks - would love to do GO again but not likely as no movement on waiting list, Jedburgh I suspect is too far away and too long but I don't know, S2S would be great - let me know if it's running Mrs Mac.

Still up to my eyes in paperwork at work it's driving me crazy

Think I need a run to sort my head out to!

Good to have BM back!

27/09/2012 at 16:13

Hm, I was wondering if S2S would be on - dithered and didn't do last year, but might not dither and actually do this year. If I keep at it, might be back in some kind of fitness by December!!

27/09/2012 at 17:17

Cragchick - ooh no, they are only here for the weekend, 8 days really would drive me nuts . Hoping for good weather on Saturday so I can take them out, otherwise they just sit at my dining table and neb out the window all day refusing to move .

Hope you get a run Elspeth.

Courier came eventually, boxes so wet I could peel the cardboard back with my hands !! He said he had been driving through floods - yeah it looked like it!!! Unbelievable. Looks like they floated them across from Orkney rather than using the boat!!! Luckily all samples wrapped in plastic bags so just a little damp, they are airing out in back room . Had to inform client just in case, but I dont think anything has been ruined .

27/09/2012 at 19:53

I know what you're saying 57.5, I like the idea of getting to places under my own steam which is why I love Ultras

Thanks for the link cragchick. Thats kind of what I was looking at. I take it you can fit a jacket and some gels/food/phone in? Looks really comfy too.

TP, sounds like my family when they visit. Just loads of sitting around drinking tea Hope you manage to get out.

Elspeth, I'll message you my new mobile number as I can't remember if I sent it to you, in case there's any change for Saturday night.

Highland Fling entries meant to open next week too

27/09/2012 at 20:15

Evening

Cheers you lot, good to be back

27/09/2012 at 20:17

Welcome back BM. Glad your neice is improving.

TP  -I agree that a weekend of parents staying is enough. I'm not sure I'd want anyone staying for 8 days!

Good run this evening. On-call at the weekend, but hope to run on Sunday, and to go to Run 4 It to get some new winter gear.

Good luck to those doing Loch Ness.

27/09/2012 at 20:20

Thanks also for good wishes from you all for my niece.

27/09/2012 at 20:24

Yes, you'd definitely get that in the pack, it really was comfy and a relief not to be doing the whole waist adjusting thing! I had about 750ml of water in the bladder, a couple of buffs, windproof top, phone, muesli bar, gloves in it and still room for more. Didn't bounce around at all.

Fling entries - each time I do it I say that even though I love it I don't need to do it again ... but ... yes, I'll be putting an entry in for 2013

I do like the whole 'journey' element of ultras too - they are just like mini adventures to me, in fact often the traveling TO the event is the start of the adventure.

27/09/2012 at 20:26

Re visitors ... it would seem that as most of our visitors come from the South of England they feel the need to make the stay long enough to justify the journey, family I don't mind so much but we had friends staying for a week in August and they drove me absolutely nuts - she kept cleaning MY house, and it really wasn't necessary ... honest!

27/09/2012 at 20:55

Yes I remember your travelling to event adventures CC!

Travelling home from Speyside was an adventure for me.

Thanks Mrs Mac - look forward to seeing you. Had a nice short but muddy run with the group this evening. Guess who suggested the muddy route. Lots of climbing gates too - not so good.

TP - glad your stuff arrived in good nic. Hope the boat on Sat isn't too bumpy. We were lucky with our trip home last Sun, made it just before the big winds south.

Ooh the Fling - now will that be a bit ambitious for me - still tempted to have a go.

27/09/2012 at 21:31

TP: All the best for this weekend.

27/09/2012 at 23:10

Elspeth - nearly forgot to suggest a run. If you want flat one with no navigation my favourite is getting on the canal SW to Dochgarroch, over the lock and back NE on the far side (a couple of muddy miles included) all the way to the sea lock on the Moray firth, over the lock and back to Bught Park via the newly graded gravel canal towpath. about 10 miles in total.

For a more adventurous run take the first 7km of this run:

http://connect.garmin.com/player/222008215

From Bught Park get on the canal going north, out to the sea loch, cross to the west side and back to Clachnaharry village. Take the road out of the village to the traffic light, left over the railway bridge, cross the road, go through the gap in the wall a few yards from the bridge. Climb the steep path to a cul-de-sac and continue up the concrete steps. Take a right on the road out of town until you see an obvious track going up into the woods on the left.

Take this for a steep climb through the woods in a generally southwards direction (there is a forest road or some footpath options, finding the iron age fort needs a map!). At Leachkin Brae go right up the very steep hill, and to make a better run than I did on 12/9 stay on the road until it flattens out, go past the nice house on the right and take the forest road on the right just beyond. This brings you to the Great Glen Way which will take you back to Bught Park. 8-9 miles with lots of climbing.

27/09/2012 at 23:11

TP - I think you must have the same parents as me . Sitting around waiting to be entertained.

28/09/2012 at 06:25

Morning

This time last week on way up north approximately at Perth !

Possibly will get news of a 6 month extension today, but my redundancy is not affected. Still doing my current job.

Morning Tri

28/09/2012 at 06:55

morning BM

good aerobic session last night, climbing tonight.

on a course today so no work... not sure if thats good or bad but change of scenery I suppose!

watched Adventure Show on Iplayer last night which featured fellow club runners! (at the Goat Fell race!!)

good luck TP and Tricia (and anyone else) for the weekend!!!

28/09/2012 at 09:11

Thanks a lot for that 57.5, the second run sounds great if I can avoid getting lost!

28/09/2012 at 16:27

Afternoon

Hey you lot, be careful talking about the Fling too much, you might create a rush . Best thing this year was having the luxury of being able to enter only the week before, once I realised I had recovered enough from my previous event. All this having to enter things a year in advance is cr!p .

UTC - yeah I saw that programme too, but it didnt make me want to run up Goat Fell anytime soon .

Flat races, flat races .

Short run today dodging the rain. Gonna drag parents out tommorrow even if I have to carry their lazy asses to the car . Small prayer to the running Gods might save me from lethargy and the hard of thinking!!

Good luck everyone for the weekend.

28/09/2012 at 19:06

Ha ha TP, you're right, need to keep the Fling entries strictly hush hush

Saw the Goat Fell race too UTC, looks a toughie. Did you see the state of some of the folks that had fallen? Only did my first (and only) hill race this year - Conic Hill and thought that was hard enough!

Elspeth, did you get my text last night about eating times? The tables for 7pm if not

Packed for LN, now enjoying a glass of wine for my Birthday tomorrow as I'll have to be good before the race

Have a great weekend everyone

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.