Scottish Runners

29,181 to 29,200 of 32,845 messages
28/09/2012 at 20:18

the falls and scapes on the Goat Fell race looked sore!!! think i'll just keep to the flat!

i can top the visitors duration as the outlaws, i mean inlaws are visiting for the whole of the october holidays. 16 days!!

unfortunately (!!) i have to go to bury st edmunds for work next week. poor wife will have to put up with them by herself. think she will be climbing the walls by the time i get back.

good luck to those running this weekend whatever the distance!

28/09/2012 at 21:31

Poor Mrs Longbow!

Happy Birthday tomorrow Mrs Mac, didn't get the text but 7pm sounds fine, time for Peter to register and get to our B&B first.

Missed the Goat Fell race, would have like to see that - but not to do it!

28/09/2012 at 22:12

OMG - 16 days ... my parents came for 12 last Christmas, I have a good relationship with them but I was ready to commit bad deeds, lord knows what my husband felt like!  Kids loved it though of course!!!

The Fling ... whisper, whisper, lips are sealed. It'll be all over FB though won't it ... sigh!

6.5 miles of coastal path today dodging showers but not the wind of course. Legs felt tired, yesterdays bog yomp clearly took more out of me than I realised, but think I am getting a wee bit faster.

Orienteering with the kids in the morning so looking forward to that, not that I'll get any done, just a case of me shadowing them whilst trying to keep my mouth shut as they turn map the wrong way up etc etc ... competitive parent? ... moi? ... surely not!

Edited: 28/09/2012 at 22:13
28/09/2012 at 22:25

Happy birthday MrsMac.

Just signed up for the Kirkie Half. Get to see the parents with built in escape excuse. I demand that the weather is better than last year!

Always liked Bury, longbow. I played hockey there for a few years when living nearby.

28/09/2012 at 22:38

Agree Goat Fell looks hard core ... possibly not one to start with!!!

Happy Birthday  Mrs M

28/09/2012 at 22:40

Happy Birthday Mrs Mac.

29/09/2012 at 07:01
Happy Birthday Mrs Mac! Good luck with LN.
29/09/2012 at 10:01

Happy birthday Mrs Mac

Sorry, not been on for ages: was away on holiday. So, need to read back through a good few pages.

That can be my post long run activity. Need to get sorted and out, so will pop back on later.

29/09/2012 at 10:06

Morning

MrsMac: Happy Birthday

I found out at 1:30pm ish yesterday that I've got a 6 month contract till 31 March 13and start in my 'old office' on Monday morning. I'll be working for an agency and 2 colleagues also got similar extensions.

Thing was I took in a big box of chocs and we'd a leaving lunch yesterday for a few of us !

All the best to those racing.

29/09/2012 at 12:25

LN time target is about 4:15-4:30, I think, but taking it in a relaxed fashion- more as trainig for Glen Ogle, and a "fun" run, rather then killing myself for a good time. I think my competitive streak has faltered recently, and I'm no longer willing to push myself so hard in races that I feel ill, it's more about feeling that I have justified the time spent trainig, and that I am coping withthe race distance without it being too difficult.

I'm too old to go after PB's anymore, and Loch Ness is not the course for it anyway.

29/09/2012 at 18:24
Think I'm hoping for a PB, Tricialitt, although I'm not chasing much
Even at my age!
Registered (3201) and just set to join macs for MrsMac's birthday dinner.
29/09/2012 at 18:34

Happy Birthday Mrs Mac .

29/09/2012 at 19:14

Oops. 17.5 miles instead of plannd 15. Upping distance that much from 13 perhaps not my best move. Feel OK though, but a bit pooped lol.

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow.

29/09/2012 at 19:40

My marathon PB is from Loch Ness.....

Just the 10k for me tomorrow. Only have a tailwind for a couple of miles unlike those doing the marathon who'll have it for 24 miles or so!!! 

29/09/2012 at 20:13

Scobos: All the best for tomorrow.

Thing is I can give a weeks notice if get a permanent job. Still waiting to hear from a couple I've applied for.

Edited: 29/09/2012 at 20:14
29/09/2012 at 20:56

busy here the last few days

Happy Birthday MrsMac 

Good luck Tricia and Scobos for tomorrow and anyone else running (TP? Elspeth? OH!)

BM hope the job turns out for the best either way!!

FFB, nice running... I had a lovely 13 miler along the canal this afternoon, up to Kirki and back. Really enjoyed it. Wind was behind me on the way out and it wasnt too warm. On the way back a bit breezy and sun was going down. The reflections on the river were gorgeous and it was really peaceful. Think I took about 1:50 without pushing too hard at all so feeling quite good about Amsterdam now!!

Then when I got back jumped straight into the shower to avoid cooling down too fast. Felt fine, then all of a sudden I felt really sick not good. Had a lie down for half an hour and was much better after. Fed and watered and warm now though... I hate that feeling you get sometimes after a long run

Circuit and aerobic training tomorrow and a reasonable wee cycle there and back. Should be good. Kirki half for me too

29/09/2012 at 20:57

river *canal

29/09/2012 at 21:41

As "Ultra" TC I hope you are running to Kirky and back for the race next week . You'd have passed quite a few of the haunts of my mispent youth on that canal run!

Managed a win in the Inverness parkrun this morning. Because all the fast locals must be running in the 10k or marathon tomorrow. And the visitors were all there to stretch their legs before the 26.2.

Got in a bit of history running home from work today, taking in the paths over the Culloden Battlefield. Always seems to have a sombre atmosphere, despite some warm sun this afternoon.

29/09/2012 at 22:58

haha 57.5, erm no I'm going to cycle up, probably take the MTB and go along the canal. Looked at the route, it seems ok... less hilly than 12.5k I think but that wouldnt be hard  Your run today sounded rather interesting!!

well done on the Parkrun win too!!! erm I think regardless of the "fast locals'" abscence you are pretty quick, I seem to remember you doing very well in Lochaber!!!

30/09/2012 at 10:36

Good to have a safety net BM, even a 6-month one. Although they'll probably want to extend again in March...

So UTC, Cycle up, run the 1/2 and swim back?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.