Scottish Runners

29,201 to 29,220 of 33,449 messages
30/09/2012 at 15:43

UTC, that sometimes happens and it is horrible.

Forgot to say to BM - that is good re contract.

Did some upper body weights/strngth work and a bit over 30 mins on the spin bike today as recovery. WIllprobably do some abs and yoga in a while too.

30/09/2012 at 15:46

Meant to say, had a bit of a catch. Strange how many of us were in the lakes at the same time.

Interesting comments about race entry etc. It is all about hitting that fine line between and event becoming a bit too elitist or too popular. I have to say that I have epxerienced both when trying to enter events. I think you just have to take it as it comes.

It is good that events have waiting lists, and something we should all do is ensure that we inform organisers if we are unable to attend so that they can offer places to the waiting list folks.

30/09/2012 at 16:17

UTC - The course is definitely less hilly than the 12.5, but it still features a lot of little climbs and drops so pacing is quite challenging. The climb from Torrance to Bishopbriggs is the only sustained hill of any kind I remember and it's all pretty flat or downhill from there.

30/09/2012 at 16:27

Hope everyone got on okay at Loch Ness today.

Well done 57.5 on the first, and good runs FFB and UTC.

BM - good to have more work, but if something better comes up it would be tempting to take it I'm sure.

I took the parents for a day out to Ballantrae yesterday, it was very cold and windy but mom braved the beach to collect driftwood and stones for her rockery . Then I took them to the inn at Dunure, had a walk around the castle ruins and a pint for father so I think I got the balance about right . Knackered last night though .

Today I managed to avoid the rain and did a decent 13.5m run, which felt okay at the time but I'm  again now.

I'm going to Kirki next week too UTC, maybe see you there at the start, my legs are on a total go slow at the moment after RAW so thats probably the only time I will see you .

30/09/2012 at 16:29
well I did manage a PB at Loch Ness
By 40 minutes - 4h26m09
Well pleased
30/09/2012 at 17:23

TP - We'll cheer you in at the end!

Well done on the PB OH. You'd have been right at home in the light Orkney breeze (I was out on a training run near the Loch Ness 10k start about when you finished, and was having to put in a lot of effort to make forward progress into the wind). Hope Elspeth didn't get lost trying to follow my suggested run!

30/09/2012 at 17:48

well done OH and all other Nessies today!! (Fantastic PB OH!!!)

thanks 57.5... not really hoping for a PB just a good run!

TP, Ill probably be around mid pack not sure what I'll be wearing but probably club vest (with big black W on the back) and black 3/4 lengths.Oh and one of my many tubescarves around my head. If you see me feel free to give me a shout/wave/say hi!!

good interval session today, shattered now though!!

TP (and prob Elspeth etc).. those of you who have done Cape Wrath.. thinking of it as my biggie for next year.. ideas/opinions/advice welcome!!

30/09/2012 at 19:33

UTC - re Cape Wrath - you will love it, I would say do it . The scenery is fabulous and if you are lucky enough to get the weather the run up to the lighthouse is totally unlike any race you would get anywhere else.

If I wear my Cape Wrath shirt next week it will make me easy to spot!!

30/09/2012 at 19:34

Well done on the PB OH

Cape Wrath is a brilliant week  Best to get your accommodation booked before you enter. It is a flexible event and you can pick and choose between short and long races and even day by day. The marathon is tough and teh cape is pretty desolate although the wider area is lovely

30/09/2012 at 19:54

Good day at LN today- they did us proud with the conditions again- but the altitude must have got to me- I had a noseblled at aout 10- 13 miles, had to walk, to get it sorted, then ended up running with tissues stuffed up my nose not condiucive to pleasant runnig, actually thr main problem was that I couldn't eat/ drink and breathe all at the same time!

Managed 4:18.03 despite the drama, and stormed the last 6 miles- never stopped to walk at all after the 20 miles point- a first for me!

30/09/2012 at 20:57

Well done tricialitt. I get that nosebleed problem about twice a year when running, luckily never in a race so far.

30/09/2012 at 21:00

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes

Managed 3.49.18 at LN today. Happy enough with that

Massive congrats on the PB OH

Well done tricia too, can't have been easy with a nosebleed

30/09/2012 at 21:01

Well done OH - great PB - and tricialitt. And well done on the 1st in your parkrun 57.5.

I haven't run in the Cape Wrath week, but I've stayed in Durness and it is beatiful round there.

Quiet weekend on-call (shouldn't say that - it's not over yet). Bought some new gear from Run 4 It yesterday, and did a nice run today.

30/09/2012 at 21:14

Well done Mrs Mac.

30/09/2012 at 21:35

Oh dear- Alison- saying the "q" word is always a recipe for chaos- hope it stays OK for you.

Godd time Mrs Mac- I'm afraid my sub-4 days are over- and I've never achieved that at LN- lochaber is a faster course, I've never coped well with the hills- happier with today's effort , despite the slow time, as I felt I really was in control in the 2nd half of the race, which is unusual for me- usually its quite a grind from 18 miles onwards, as the hill usually finishes me off.

30/09/2012 at 21:44

Good time there MrsMac.

I love Durness too, but running on the North coast is almost always 3 seasons in one day. I haven't really encountered weather any normal person would call summer .

30/09/2012 at 22:21

Good time Mrs Mac and well done Tricialitt, not easy with a nosebleed.

30/09/2012 at 22:44

Great news from Loch Ness then, was wondering if it might be a little warm as I definitely was with my 10 round Culbin this morning. Nice and sprightly for me though so feels like some fitness and speed is finally returning.

TP - well done on surviving 'the visit'

57.5 - yes, definitely agree re the atmosphere at Culloden. I took the kids in the summer and brought back memories from when I visited aged 15, goosebumps on the arms and everything.  Also did think would be an interesting place to run. Still need to get up Cawdor way and beyond.

01/10/2012 at 06:06

Mornng tons to catch up on

TP:If something permanet comes up, that I fancy doing then I will take it. Still very much looking .

MrsMac and OH: Well dones

01/10/2012 at 06:48

morning BM!

Well done Tricia and MrsMac, cracking times there!! (esp with a nosebleed!!)

Back to work... pfftt...

Reps with club tonight  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.