Scottish Runners

29,261 to 29,280 of 32,841 messages
04/10/2012 at 22:37

Happy Holidays Alison.

Lol Cragchick - good mountain running there . Yeah, the Fling better not sell out too quickly . Guess we at least have the advantage up here of being considerably less populated than the South of England  (although it feels like too many people in Glasgow some times, don't think my anti-socialness could cope with English numbers!!).

Just seen on the news that 2014 athletics is being held at Hampden!! Hurrah no football ....worth going away and renting flat out maybe .

05/10/2012 at 05:43

Morning

TP: Yeah this will be my 2nd Commonwelath Games. Went to athletics at Meadowbank back in July 1986. Tickets cost me £4.  Uncovered seating on back straight.

Morning Tri

No milk left in our house this mornig, so I can't get my coffee Not chuffed.

Edited: 05/10/2012 at 05:44
05/10/2012 at 06:32

morning BM

early interval training shortly. climbing tonight.

late home from work last night so missed club run core and strength work instead as was shattered.

Have a nice time in Northumberland Alison!

05/10/2012 at 07:53

Enjoy Northumberland Alison.

Eek. Athletics at Hampden is going to be far too tempting. Its a 10 min walk from me.

No training yesterday as predicted and failed to get up early enough this morning to fit any in before work: had to sort out Mr FFB's birthday pressies. Might manage to squeeze something in after work and before going out for birthday dinner. Long run tomorrow though and i think I might push for 20 given that I managed 17.5 last weekend.

05/10/2012 at 12:45

Boo to missed workouts and missed cups of coffee!

Another glorious blue-sky day, 10.5 in good old Culbin again so that's three good training days, really ought to be getting on with Pilates homework now ... quads a wee bit mashed after yesterdays descent but otherwise feeling quite sprightly.

No racing as such at the weekend but I have entered an orienteering competition down in Grantown-upon-Spey. Very out of practise, so am predicting much getting lost and confusion!

05/10/2012 at 13:55

Happy Birthday to Mr FFB .

Wow Birkmyre - £4? Probably 10x that now? (or more?)

UTC - extra rest day will probably do your legs good for Sunday

Good luck Cragchick, and happy racing / training everyone else.

Kirkintilloch Half for me on Sunday, so no run tommorrow.

05/10/2012 at 19:54

Evenig

TP: Yeah pretty sure it was £4 for those seats back in 1986. Reckon you're right probably be about £40 in 2014 !.

05/10/2012 at 22:04

Marathon start and finish is at Hampden too...deck chairs out at TP's? Expecting RB to chase them down the street.

Still not allowed to run, but I went to the club session to use the gym instead. Mainly bike & stretches, but still sore today...now hope to be back for Dunbartonshire XC

06/10/2012 at 08:39

Morning

Lovely sunny/cold autumnal day here in Erskine. Just walked Geordie for 1.5 hrs. He's happily tired.

06/10/2012 at 10:32

Commonwealth games will be great- I've competed in 2, and volunteered at 1, spectated at another- well worth joining in. Looking forward to it.

Recovery going well- ie I've done nothing this week. Familyvisiting.

Back to running next week

06/10/2012 at 10:38

Might ditch my planned 20 today and succumb to my general feeling of laziness and potter in the garden instead. Naughty, I know, but .....

If anyone is feeling creative do you have any suggestions for a name for my antartctic challenge?

At the moment we have the rather long and alliterative:

Audrey's Alzheimers Antarctic Adventure .......

Artistic baby FFB reckons she can create agood logo from that. PR person I know reckons it ticks boxes in that it has my name, the charty name and the event in it.

06/10/2012 at 16:15

Ally - I might have moved house by then, but yeah, if I'm still around here, deckchairs and cold beer at my hoose to see the marathon finish !

FFB - cannot think of anything off the top of my head that doesnt make it sound like someone with Alzheimers is wandering around lost in the Antarctic ! Will have a think.....

Cycling today, out on the cycle route, lovely this afternoon, although Pollok Park was Hell with millions of people everywhere! Glad to get through there!!

Now to decide which road shoes to wear tommorrow . Almost worn out ones that are comfy, new ones that make my knee sore, or other new ones that feel like two rocks attached to the feet . Might have to be worn out ones .....

06/10/2012 at 17:17

LOL TP  There are quite a few people think I must have dementia signing up for this  Somebody else at work made a similar comment though. Need to think it through a bit more I think.

So, no run, but a great strenght and core session. Sometimes it is good to actually step back from the routine training and devote some quality time to the sumplementary training.

The pottering in the garden turned into a mammoth bush pruning exercise.

06/10/2012 at 18:08

Tricia - what did you compete in?

TP - good racing tomorrow! We might all take you seriously about coming round to watch the marathon finish!

FFB - hope you find a suitable logo, I'm useless at this sort of thing!

9 miles in the country for me today with 4 of our group. Nice day though it's chilly with a cold breeze, definitely winter coming. Bit of a stiff pace for me but I survived though was dragging at the back for a while. Cups of tea and coffee at the burger van afterwards, nice to be sociable for a change.

06/10/2012 at 18:13

That's a great name for your challenge ffb definately nothing wrong with strength training over running. I don't do nearly enough

Good luck tomorrow with your 'sprint' race TP

We were just talking today about going to see the Commonwealth games. I'm up for the party at TPs

Sounds like a great run Elspeth

It was a gorgeous Antumny day here too BM. We ran (heather-hopped) up the Sidlaws for 3 hours this morning. I used my new Nathan Intensity vest (thanks for the hint cragchick) and LOVED it. Now sipping a well deserved glass of wine

06/10/2012 at 18:14

That should've been 'Autumny' day (not that ithat's a real word either)

06/10/2012 at 20:20

evening

yeah interested to know what Tricia competed in??? 

interval training this morning and cardio... very very sweaty but great fun!! Sauntered into town for some new gym/running gear (which I can wear tomorrow woohoo!!) and walked back so definitely resting up for tomorrow... realised I need to cycle there and back... 6 miles each way hmmmm!!! Could be interesting. Pretty much a marathon duathlon then??

Elspeth, nice running! MrsMac kind of jealous, yours sounded pretty cool!!

FFB I'll have a think for logos etc too!

TP, definitely up for the party  Good luck for tomorrow, might even see you there!!

06/10/2012 at 20:57

Uh oh - sounds like I'll have to get the burgers and hot dogs in too as well as the beer for the marathon . BBQ in the garden?

UTC - I'll be in black Cape Wrath shirt. Good luck too.

FFB - okay, what about this? 'Fifty Below' then a graphic of mountains and ice n stuff, then underneath 'Audrey's Antarctic Challenge' for Alzheimers or in aid of Alzheimers UK / Scotland, summat like that .

06/10/2012 at 21:25

TP and UTC - I'll be in an Inverness Harriers vest, yellow with a sort of reddish diagonal stripe. Kind of rhubarb and custard hues. Sounds like some good weather for tomorrow unlike last year's storm.

Saw some 'Xmas chocolates" in M and S in Bishopbriggs today .

Enjoyed several great holidays in Northumberland many years ago.

06/10/2012 at 21:36

brilliant look forward to maybe catching you both there

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.