Scottish Runners

29,261 to 29,280 of 33,275 messages
19/10/2012 at 09:39

Morning all. Mid paced 5k to work this morning after dropping the wee man at nursery. No rain and warmer than I anticipated. No run tomorrow and hopfefully a LSR on Sunday. Have a great weekend and good luck to anyone running in races!

19/10/2012 at 09:42

Rain back on again now Birkmyre - I should have gone out when I fed the cat at 5.25am !

Oh dear FFB - I saw there had been part of the London Rd collapsed into the sewer - a big stretch of it  - so they were diverting people early off M74 and on a big circuit through town/ East End !! Just as well that didnt happen during 2014!!!!

Hope Tri chick is having better weather in Amsterdam than here!

Cragchick - good news on the Fling entry . I am going to wait until there are about 50 to 100 places left, then put my entry in......errrmmmm, mainly cos I'm tight and trying to save a bit of money .

19/10/2012 at 18:30

TP: You could join us Stupid O Clock runners at 5:25 am

19/10/2012 at 19:23

Hello

Nice one cragchick I'm with TP, leaving it late. Like living on the edge

Charity Loch Katrine run tomorrow, really looking forward to it

Good luck those racing training this weekend.

19/10/2012 at 19:51

Evening Mrs Mac.

2 nephews are coming to stay with us this weekend !

19/10/2012 at 20:15

Good luck tommorrow Mrs Mac, looks like a decent forecast for the weekend.

Birkmyre - at that time of the morning I can just about manage to get the cats food into his bowl and open the blinds in the living room, then I go back to bed .

19/10/2012 at 20:46

Is that good or bad bm?!

5.25am?? Nope, means nothing

20/10/2012 at 09:27

Mornng

TP: Go on have a go

MrsMac: Good as we've only got one staying. The other is over at his Grandpas. 2 wouldn't have bothered us, as we're kinda used to having them. But we only found out about one visiting at dinner time (5:45pm) last night.  We knew about 4 weeks ago taht one was staying with us.

20/10/2012 at 09:54

Lol Birkmyre - funnily enough I used to - I was mostly Stupid O'clock cyclist though, at the weekends, cos you could be guaranteed the road to yourself .

20/10/2012 at 09:58

Morning TP:Very true and Geordie is a Stupid O Clock dog for his walks

20/10/2012 at 13:56

Afternoon all, My 13 - 15 was actually a 15.3m. Took it very steady and slow as I am supposed to be tapering. Good run and felt strong. Just waiting on the bath to run.

20/10/2012 at 15:24

Good running ffb. Did my long run today too - not as long as yours though. Sunny here today - wore my summer gear for first times in weeks.

20/10/2012 at 16:10

Hi Alison, yes not too bad here either. I wore my autumn kit and was a bit warm so probably could have got away with summer kit too.

20/10/2012 at 16:28

Mrs Mac - means nothing to me either Hope you had a good run today.

Nice up here after a night of heavy rain, 13.5 miles in the sunshine but deep deep puddles, poor shoes!

20/10/2012 at 19:49

Good long runs FFB and elspeth

20/10/2012 at 21:00

Had a fantastic day at Loch Katrine. Weather was lovely and the route was beautiful with all the autumn colours. ffb, this would be a fabulous but challenging marathon route. Go for it

20/10/2012 at 22:46

Mrs Mac, yes it is one of my favourite training routes and I have done marathon distance on it. The short sharp hills at regular intervals really spice it up.

21/10/2012 at 22:06

Talking of challenging races with short sharp hills to spice them up, I ran the Kinord 10k Saturday on what amounted to 1.5k of road and 8.5k of hilly cross-country course. Easily my PW 10 in over 43 mins but a beautiful course and good training for both cross country and the Inverness parkrun as the course gets boggier.

Superb weather for running up this way for the last 2 days so the dog got some serious miles in around Deeside and up on the Moray Coast near Cullen. I got some miles in too and quite a few good photos.

22/10/2012 at 07:44

Sounds like a great weekend's running 57.5

I took a rest day yesterday and we went through to Crail to visit my mum. had a great day and the weather was stunning: warmer, drier and sunnier than it has been all summer.

22/10/2012 at 09:04

morning!!

back from Amsterdam last night, but was knackered hence no post til this morning. Had a lovely weekend and the weather was pretty mild, althoough yesterday it was a little duller and more humid. Nice but strange to cycle a city bike... sooooo heavy. Have to say a lovely change but glad to be back with my road bike... although not so pleased to see the potholes again (Amsterdam has none... hmmmm).

Anyways, the race itself was a bit of a disaster (to me anyway). I knew I was undertrained though but was disappointed as I only managed about 30 secs quicker than Kirki 2 weeks ago which is obviously very hilly and 'Dam is flat. Started off well but the wheels came off around 8 miles and by 9/10 I was feeling shivery and exhausted. Only managed 1:54 in the end but definitely lost early minutes with the crowding. People in the same start pen as us were walking within minutes and others shuffling at ridiculously slowly. The pacers were also well ahead of pace which was annoying as I wanted to stick with the 1:45-ers which was 8min/mile. I started off around 7:35-7:40 and I was alongside them and further down the line around 4 miles I had to let them go!!

I reached 5 miles around 41mins which I was happy with. However I reached 11km (the markers were all in km) at under the hour and felt I was slowing. I had slowed to 8:02 by this point but that was ok and more on target but soon after that I started to feel I couldnt keep it up and by around 16k I had slowed to 8:10 and by the last 5k 8:20. I had started to feel shivery by the last 6k and stopped for a drink of water (which turned out to be a rather unpleasant lemon sports drink!). Never have I ever stopped in any race of any distance (other than the Ultra!) but I was so thirsty it was a necessity. I stopped only for those few seconds though and off I went again, feeling slightly better and pace came back from 8:30 to 8:15. I didnt have my Garmin (although I did find it but forgot to take it with me!) but I had a Nike watch I had borrowed from bf's sister who had to pull out of the race a few weeks ago due to inury.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.