Scottish Runners

29,281 to 29,300 of 33,553 messages
06/10/2012 at 21:58

Good luck also to ultra tri and 57.5

57.5 - been seeing christmas chocs in the shops for weeks now! Scary

07/10/2012 at 11:41

Aha-commonwealth games -competed in shooting- not the most athletic of sports!- so I spent years trainig to stay very still, and now I've given it all up to be a runner!

Is the C Games marathon route published now? - must have a look for it- we were trtying to guesswhat they would do about it just the other day- I'd guessed that they would start in the centre of town and run to Strathclyde park, or start up at Balloch, and run into town.......wrong all round, then!

Managed a 6km recovery run today- legs feel OK 1 week post marathon- but they took all week to get to that point!

07/10/2012 at 17:52

Lovely day for a race in East Dumbartonshire. Had a chat to UTC but missed TP. I was happy with 1:22:40 or so though I struggled to get into a positive frame of mind, maybe I need bad weather (like last year's race) to 'inspire' me . Well run event again and recommended to anyone who doesn't mind a few hills.

tricialitt - one of my colleagues is trying to make the Scotland team in shooting for the games. Seems like an awful lot of dedication and travel is required!

07/10/2012 at 18:19

Evening all

Forgot how hilly that race was , but yes definitely better weather all round than last year, perfect in fact I would say, no dodging huge pools of standing water on the road really helped . Had a good run (def a sprint Mrs Mac cf rest of this year !!!), thought would be lucky to get sub-2 given this years racing / training focus, so very happy to get 1.53.summat at the end . Think I might have seen UTC near end but not sure, as I had my focus on a Wee County Harrier who had overtaken me at 9m - was determined to catch him - got him at 12m .

Well done 57.5 . Didnt see anyone resembling Inverness shirt you describe, prob as you were half an hour in front of me (again )!!

Re commonwealth - good going Tricia . Looking forward to seeing how many Southside hills they can make the marathoners run up !!

Headed to Loch Katrine after race and did 4m walk, so good ultra training in all .

07/10/2012 at 18:31

evening!

tough course today at Kirki, definitely the hardest half Ive done!! Not sure of my time either as my polar watch picked up someone else's HRM and therefore didnt work!!

No clock at the finish either... weird! Think I was around 1:54 though. Was disappointed until a friend of bf's (who is very quick-1:17 today) said the course would be say 5 mins slower for him... so probably a good 7 mins slower for me. 1:47 would be really good for me (PB 1:45) so 7 mins slower isnt so bad.

Lovely route, lovely race and well organised. Will write a proper race report later tonight. Nice to speak to 57.5 at the end, shame I didnt catch TP!!

Cracking time 57.5!!!

Oooh shooting Tricia, a bit of a change from running!!!

Right, dinner time!!! Mmmmm pasta!!!

07/10/2012 at 19:13

Wow, some great running today then. Well done!

Survived orienteering down in the woods at Grantown. Kids did well, I was veeeery slow!!! Exactly as I predicted really as I get too carried away running, forget it's a really small scale map and continually overshoot the checkpoints ... so I probably ran twice as far as everyone else and wasn't puffed out, but probably somewhere near the bottom of my colour-coded course. Oh well, I loved it which is the important thing!! Good weeks training really with lots of yomping on great terrain.

Mrs Mac - glad you liked my recommendation of pack I love it, most comfortable I've had.  Sounds like a great run you had with it.

07/10/2012 at 19:25

That sounded like great fun cragchick Yes, same here - very comfy pack. Really never noticed it on at all.

Well done the Kirky Halfers Some good running on what sounds like a cheeky course.

Wow tricia, that's impressive!

Wasn't going to run today but with it being so glorious it would've been rude not to! Day off tomorrow so will hopefully get a few more miles in

07/10/2012 at 20:07

Enteredthis tonight. Thought it might interest the off-roady fans amongst you

07/10/2012 at 20:52

Sorry TP...

Went to support the parkrun yesterday with one of the boys and collect conkers afterwards - not to many vests on show. Too much carrying overloading the achilles, but physio still positive today about an early return.  Walk jog this week - fingers crossed.

07/10/2012 at 21:17

Well done all the HM runners, some speedy times especially if it was a hilly course.

Mrs Mac - sounds like a lovely half but guessing that means the Kinlochleven to Tyndrum run you spoke about isn't on that weekend.

CC sounds interesting, I would probably get very lost!

07/10/2012 at 21:21

Still haven't heard anything Elspeth

08/10/2012 at 06:43

morning!

knackered this morning...

that sounds a pretty cool race MrsMac!!

Ally, glad you're starting to make progress!!

Back to work today and hill reps tonight.

08/10/2012 at 07:51

Some good running there over the weekend. Well done everyone.

After my lazy weekend of domesticity I have started the week fully motivated and was up at 5.30 to do 20k on the spin bike. I have a meeting after work this evening, but will get the train there and then run back. It will only be 4 miles, but added to my spin this morning will be OK training as I am also on a fast day today.

08/10/2012 at 08:10

TP - I must have cheered you in at the finish, I was there from about a finish time of 1:45 until I went to chat to UTC about 10 mins later.

UTC - Hope you had a pleasant ride home. Weather was so nice I took the dog out to Lennoxtown for a few more (slow!) miles.

Ally Mac - hope you found some conkers. Seems to be a poor year for them up north.

08/10/2012 at 08:19

nice training FFB!!

57.5, yeah it was a lovely wet, puddly ride along the canal. Really quite enjoyable.

Went for a walk down the west end afterwards too as it was a lovely day!!

Right, off to work now, legs ok although shins seemed to suffer more than anything yesterday which is unusual for me

08/10/2012 at 10:03

Morning all

57.5 - I came in directly behind a guy in a blue Edinburgh (Half I think) t-shirt - I had been tailing him round the twisty route round the houses over the last 500m or so, but as the path was so narrow couldnt get past him, then the b*gger put on a final sprint so I ended a few seconds behind, all in black. Thanks for the cheers .

UTC - yeah my shins were a bit tender last night too, must be the hills. Kept compression shorts on for the drive back so that seems to have helped, but could have done with wearing compression socks too as I was sitting in the car for quite a while.

Mrs Mac - that race will be 'ahem' interesting if it snows in December . I've run in the Pentlands a couple of times, nice scenery, good trails, if a little muddy in places. Didnt own a pair of trail shoes back then, but most of the trails were fine in road shoes, providing it was dry. Think it does tend to get quite boggy in winter.

Good training FFB and racing CC.

Ally - hope your achilles feels better soon. Mine was a little swollen yesterday, thats road running for you .

Lovely day again, makes a change from rain.

08/10/2012 at 19:23

Hello folks,

Been reading back on all your achievements.. a 49 minute PB at Loch Ness!  Wow.

Back to running again after some time off with the lurgy.  I just got back from a lovely weekend away with the club - out in sunny Glenisla (it really was sunny!).  Didn't make it to Loch Ness due to finances/physical bleurgh/organisation failure on my part.  Next year...

I have signed up for my first cross country race next week, at Kilmarnock.  I don't think its very long.  Jedburgh half 3 weeks after.  Who's going to Jedburgh then?  Me and TP?  Anyone else?

08/10/2012 at 21:41

Poor weather has reduced the conker harvest this year...just half a dozen wee ones after our 30 minute splodge around Pollok Park...fun though

Walk/jog really helps the focus on technique...

08/10/2012 at 22:23

Day and training went as planned, although I technically ate a little too much for my fast day meal this evening after my run.

09/10/2012 at 06:47

morning

ended up taking rest night last night as was exhausted and feeling pretty rubbish. bed at 9pm. upper body very tight and was very cold all night.

lots of stretching this morning and club run tonight instead.

welcome back IJ! Im doing the XC relays as well. Did the Nationals in Feb and loved it. That was 8k for the women and 12k for the men. (2 and 3 loops). Very tough running but great fun!!!

Need to look more for my Garmin which has gone missing....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.