Scottish Runners

29,321 to 29,340 of 33,499 messages
10/10/2012 at 10:04

Well another glorious day - we better make the best of it as it looks hideous for tommorrow .

Birkmyre - good to see you back online.

Andrew - no idea, sorry. You might be better asking on one of the London Marathon threads.

UTC - hope you get your energy back soon. That was quite a tiring race actually .

FFB - Fruit-tastic breakfast . I had, errrrr, two hot toasted crumpets covered in butter (Ooooo-Errr Missus) Oops!  Well, it is the Winter .

(TP must try harder to eat fruit ).

10/10/2012 at 11:17
Thanks tp a will do
10/10/2012 at 11:41

TP - LOL  very tasty, I am partial to a toatsed crumpte with loads of butter too

10/10/2012 at 14:07

Granola and fresh berries sounding yummy, bowl of muesli here, whilst yelling at kids to get out house for school, soooo glad hols start at end of week!

Absolutely stunning day here too - no frost but pretty parky. Nice 13 miles along the Speyside Way - Grantown to Nethy Bridge and back with a bit extra. Seriously flat though ... possibly flatter than the Dava Way if that's possible, scenery was glorious though so I could cope with the flatness! Legs felt fine after 8 yesterday so I'm happy!

Crumpets with melted butter and honey

10/10/2012 at 18:20

TP: Good to be back online.

10/10/2012 at 19:54

FFB - so this fasting 2 days with no food ? I like my food too much!

Quite a nice day here, mild and sunny, legs a bit stiff for no good reason but 9 miles run slowly.

Good to have you back BM!

10/10/2012 at 20:48

Mmmm, granola and berries - lovely

Lovely here too Ran 5 miles rather faster than intended but was soooo enjoying it.

Elspeth, heard a 'whiff' of the S2S going ahead on the 2nd December, 'details to follow'. Unfortunately, we've already entered the Pentlands half that day 

10/10/2012 at 20:58

Elspeth, I love food too: I am a chef's daughter so food is a huge part of my life. It is not 2 days with abso;utely no food. You can have a small meal each day. I choose evening as it is easier.

8 miles this evening.

10/10/2012 at 21:10

Mrs Mac - I hope so, if you hear anything more can you let me know? Shame you're in the Pentlands same weekend though.

FFB - sounds pretty hard to me, I am not nice to know without my brekkie (or subsequent meals either!).

11/10/2012 at 06:45

morning.

FFB, not sure I could cope with 2 days of fasting either... hope you get enough out of it.

Felt much better yesterday and managed a decent interval session last night. Short run tonight and high impact aerobics with some core work. As long as today is less stressful than yesterday. Terrible day.

11/10/2012 at 08:07

Hope you have a better day UTC.

Not sure what my training will be tonight: it rather depends on the rain, although I may opt for a big yoga session.

11/10/2012 at 08:52

wet, wet, wet with us. a rather soggy 5 miles this morning but felt good. until i took my top off and felt the sting on my nipples . must remember vaseline when its that wet....

11/10/2012 at 10:12

Ouch Longbow !

Must have rained overnight here, as everywhere was wet this morning, but no real heavy rain... YET !

Well I did 10m yesterday and am subsequently rather creaking a bit today, so should probably take today as a rest day or maybe go on the cross trainer later.

In the meantime I have a *lovely* job to do - u-bend under sink is blocked again so rather than paying a fortune to get a plumber in I am going to attempt to take it all apart myself ......marigolds and cleaning brush at the ready! I had to do this a couple of years ago because whatever genius plumbed the sink in, has put an outflow pipe going upwards through the wall to connect to the drain pipe outside . Maybe they thought the laws of gravity didnt apply .

11/10/2012 at 12:16

TP - there is a chemical you can buy to do same job.

11/10/2012 at 12:32

Aha! Well, I have discovered the origin of the leak! One side of the u-bend was missing its rubber sealant ring and all the gunk must have been pushing water out through it. All seems fine now and wasnt as messy as I thought .

OH - chemical now also put down it . If I had put it down earlier it all would have just leaked out .

OMG though the crp you accumulate under the sink - also had a good clear out whilst I was at it!!!!

11/10/2012 at 12:42

Ouch Longbow  I keep forgetting to put bodyglide on when I go out for training runs and quite often end up with chafing from my sports bra.

I really do not understand why they cannot design decent chafe free sports bras. It is not rocket science: stitching, seams and 'lining bands' cause friction.

11/10/2012 at 12:42

Oh and badly thought out fastenings too

11/10/2012 at 13:52

Well done on the plumbing TP. Glad you didn't do the old "take off U-bend over bucket, carefully draining everything. Stand up and chuck partly filled bucket down sink. Swear a lot" trick that I've managed more than once.

11/10/2012 at 14:25

LOL 57.5 and yes, well done TP.

11/10/2012 at 14:57

Lol 57.5 - no all the gunk and dirty water got flushed down the toilet . The test that I have really sealed it all properly will come when I next put the washing machine on ....bucket at the ready for that one!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.