Scottish Runners

29,341 to 29,360 of 33,553 messages
11/10/2012 at 17:01

Well done on the plumbing efforts - I'm seriously impressed.

yes, totally agree about bad designs of sports underwear, esp fastenings really don't think about it. Carry rucsacs doesn't always help either.

Def interested in hearing any other rumours of an S2S this year.

No rain here yet but I think it's on it's way. Odd day really, was working this morning but when I headed to forest to squeeze in something before school pick-up I was shocked how mild it was! 

Felt shattered today but did just shy of 6 miles with hill reps in the middle. Hope I feel more sprightly tmrw, trying to build up a training buffer before the delights of the 'tattie hols' hit and training is confined to turbo, although am sure kids won't mind being despatched on their bikes with me trailing behind them on foot - they bike too fast for me now, gone are the days when I could happily jog along next to them.

11/10/2012 at 17:12

Todays job was *easy* plumbing - *difficult* plumbing categories are the numerous jobs I would leave to my father . Like one time I had to help him fix a hot water boiler (ie my job was to pass the tools and listen!) whilst he attempted to explain in step by step detail  how the copper pipes were all connected to the boiler and how you had to get the right circuit going in the pipes (? ) cos if you didnt it would mess it all up......anyhow, my general opinion on that one was if I ever had a broken boiler I would call him !!

Also interested in S2S if it goes ahead .

Only two weeks to Jedburgh ultra ....that has come quickly. I think I will take it easy the next couple of weeks.

11/10/2012 at 17:45

Ouch longbow

Well done TP. Its very satisfying when you fix something yourself that would have cost money otherwise

Hope today was better for you UTC

Its the same organisers as Glen Ogle & Glenmore 24 that mentioned putting on S2S.

11/10/2012 at 18:23

Evening

I must have lost my post this morning. Belated morning to you all

11/10/2012 at 18:30

Birkmyre - morning / evening .

Mrs Mac - saving money is the best part .

11/10/2012 at 18:44

TP: Aye very good same to you

11/10/2012 at 20:02

I hope S2S does go ahead, better try to maintain some fitness. Didn't get into GO. Be nice if some failiar faces/names from here were there.

Evening BM.

Just 6.5 miles with our group for me after work but was a tough and speedy (for me) one into the wind a lot of the way. Must say it's still mild and dry here though a little windy. Hardly anyone out though, where are they all hiding?

Well done with the plumbing TP!

11/10/2012 at 21:12

Evening elspeth.

I've noticed alot more pople out on bikes since the Olympics, anybody else noticed this !?

11/10/2012 at 21:45

Well the rain has reached this bit of the north, along with a sharp drop in temps (it was very mild at lunchtime as cragchick says), just in time for my run. Cold, wet and miserable! Amazingly I saw another runner though, something I've rarely seen in Nairn in the nicer weather.

Now how come the tatty hols in Moray are a week later than in Highland? You guys got slower growing tatties or what?

I'm learning about growing carrots in my first autumn in Nairn (there are a lot of them about). A month ago huge piles of hay bales appeared in all the fields, which gave me something new to look at as I jogged by. Today they were shredding the bales to cover the carrots, I guess that makes sense when the frost is coming. Now I wonder when they harvest them!

11/10/2012 at 22:29

evening (evening to u2 BM )

Much better day today thanks, in every respect. Energy levels much better last couple of days and managed a good session on the treadmill before abs and a class tonight. Felt great all the way through. Phew, thought I was losing it for a bit there!

TP, well done on the plumbing... afraid I know nothing in that vein, would need to call on professionals!

BM, yes I've noticed more cyclists since the Olympics, definitely. Good to see. Bf has booked his 1st Velodrome training session. Im hoping to do so too but will wait til he has been and see how he gets on before I part with the cash!!

Nice running Elspeth.

Another uni day for me tomorrow so will likely walk in. Not sure what plans are tomorrow but have the XC Saturday so dont want to overdo it. Looking forward to it now Im feeling better (think that HM took more out of me than I realised!!)

11/10/2012 at 23:24

How come Elspeth? I got an email on Monday saying that basically everyone on the waiting list was in if they emailed by tomorrow and paid up. I'm not doing it though. I'd email them if you really want to do it. Will see if I can find the email but basically they said they could cope with the numbers.

All about potatoes round here 57.5. I've learnt loads since we moved here two years ago. I also love the way the fields are planted with green cabbage stuff seed over spring/summer and then they put the cows in that field over winter and that's food for the cows. Pain in the ar*e on the school run though - we are always running late at best but at the moment there tractors and combine harvesters EVERYWHERE

I used to be a dab hand a cement mixing and patio laying - used to get paid by my dad by the bucket load for the cement and loved doing the laying of the slabs and wall building!!

12/10/2012 at 06:14

Mornng you lot

Morning Tri What is it you're doing at Uni ? I'm sorry I've not picked up on this before. DOH

A wet one when out this morning... Soaked

TrI: Hope bf (and then you) enjoy Velodrome session

Edited: 12/10/2012 at 06:16
12/10/2012 at 06:17

Double check that I have posted this morning...

12/10/2012 at 06:37

morning BM, lovely run I assume

The course is just my mentorship course which I have to do so that I can officially mentor student nurses. The joys. Its a few study days and an essay to be submitted at a later date. Nothing exciting...

planning to walk into town... will be a wet one then

12/10/2012 at 06:47

Morning Tri: Yeah lovely run, if you enjoy getting soaked. The joys right enough. Yup it will be a wet walk into town

12/10/2012 at 10:10

Morning all

Not looking forward to todays run in this, brrrrrrr, .

Never heard anyone in Glasgow calling it 'tattie holidays' - maybe just a Northern thing? I did a strawberry picking job one summer in the school holidays and remember my gran saying if they ever ask you to come back for the potato harvest dont, because she had done it during the war and it was horrific back breaking labour. Easy now with machinery. Could send some bored kids out to get a taste of Ye Oldern Days though?!!!

Definitely more cyclists - re. my last post about overweight men balancing precariously on road bikes . It used to be when a chaps waist size expanded to meet his age he would go out and buy a porsche and have an affair with his secretary, these days they buy a 2k Cervello and enough lycra to keep a small Indian sweat shop in business for a year .

And on that note .....I'm off......

Good luck all weekend racers .

12/10/2012 at 18:26

Evening

Saw the 'Chip Shop' on fire today at Galsgow Central Station . I  walked past itat 1:10ish before Fire Brigade arrived. Wow.Lots of people taking footage on their mobile phones.

MrsB and 2 younger kids off school until a week on Wed.

12/10/2012 at 19:03

Just back from Northumberland today - will catch up later. Great weather while we were down there, and some very enjoyable runs. Ran here after we got back - windy, but att least I finished before the thunder started.

I'm tail runner at the parkrun tomorrow. Husband is doing the Aviemore half marathon on Sunday, and a friend doing the 10k, so I'll be going up to support them.

12/10/2012 at 19:15

Alison: Glad you enjoyed your hols in Northumberland

12/10/2012 at 19:46

Cragchick - that's for letting me know that. The GO people never replied when I mailed them about waiting list about 6 weeks ago so assumed they weren't taking any more on. Now it's a bit do i enter tonight or be sensible and wait for next year and if I entered could I get the Friday off work to travel - possibly but not definite, had I known earlier I could have sorted it.  Not good at hasty decisions.

Maybe just hope they do the S2S one instead.

Glad it's the weekend!

Ali - Aviemore half is one I must do sometime, will be interested in what you think of it.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.