Scottish Runners

29,361 to 29,380 of 33,450 messages
12/10/2012 at 20:19

Evening

Had to take a big detour home tonight as the main dual carriageway was closed due to flooding Got a training run on the WHW tomorrow so may need to dig out my wellies....

Have a great weekend everyone

12/10/2012 at 20:31

Lots of 'tatties' round here, hence the term I guess ... had never heard of it myself until we moved here!

Rain finally caught us proper this afternoon - just light drizzle this morning. Worked this morning and then squeezed a 7-miler inbetween that and school pick-up. Nothing like realising you are going to be late for pick-up to make you seriously pick up the pace for the last three miles!!! Managed a 7.2 for each of those three despite the greasy slippy trail I was on - and wasn't late - just!!!

WHW after this rain - hmmm - that'll be lovely then!!

Aviemore half should be lovely I reckon. Really must do it myself one year.

Happy weekends all

12/10/2012 at 20:56

Which bit are you running Mrs Mac? - have fun

Still haven't got the rain here, going to be tomorrow then I guess!

12/10/2012 at 21:07

Good luck on the WHW Mrs Mac .

Welcome back Alison.

Another 10miler for me today, much better than earlier in the week, legs finally back to normal after last weekend.

Hope its not too wet Elspeth ! I didnt think we had had that much here really until I was down by the Cart today and it was really really up high !!

12/10/2012 at 21:24

I was thinking of you last night when they read the weather forecast Elspeth as they specifically said you guys wouldn't get the rain

Interesting way of doing speedwork cragchick

We're doing Balmaha to Inversnaid and back (again!) and staying overnight in The Oak Tree Inn. I'll try and not fall this time

12/10/2012 at 22:27

MrsMac No rain but certainly getting cooler with Easterly gale warning tonight
Have fun tomorrow! and there let us wallow ...

Finding it diificult to get going again after loch Ness + work busy (flu jag clinic all tomorrow Els says I need to sign up for another race!

13/10/2012 at 07:17

morning

welcome back Alison!

off to West Districts XC relays today. Should be fun. Its just 4k legs but painful legs Im sure.  (afterwards anyway).

Enjoy WHW MrsMac.

Id love to do Aviemore Half I think as well. Sounds a nice one.

Hope you get going again OH, post marathon is difficult though, Ive been finding it hard enough this week after the half!!

13/10/2012 at 08:40

Morning you lot.

Morning Tri All the best with West Relays

Long lie till 7am  Then out. Off out with MrsB later, shopping (gulp ) then for a meal as its our 23rd Wedding Anniversary tomorrow .

Mrsmac: Enjoy WHW

13/10/2012 at 09:42

Thanks BM. Looking forward to it!!

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow!!

13/10/2012 at 09:51

Happy Anniversary BM

A driech day here so am postponing my long run until tomorrow. If I am going to be out for 3 - 4 hours I quite fancy staying dry. I can do my weights and a spin today.

13/10/2012 at 11:16

Blastery but not too wet 12 miles here, quite enjoyed it!

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs BM!

13/10/2012 at 14:45

Another one doing GO- am trying to recover from LN/ train for GO/ go on holiday/ do a weekend on call- all in the space of about 4 weeks! Sounds like GO race will be quite well attended, then. I wonder whether they will change the course, or stick with the 31 mile distance like last year.

Managed 11 miles home from work this morning- if I''m OK tomorrow I'll run back to work to pick up the car, as a back-to-back run, then I will need to start tapring soon!

13/10/2012 at 16:23

Happy Anniversary BM.

I came back from Ayr today past Silverburn - OMG the car park !! I think folks must be starting the dreaded 'C' word shopping already !!!! Just glad I didnt have to go in there .....

Jedburgh in two weeks so guess I should probably think about some kind of taper too . It would be nice if some more info went up on their website as promised 'closer to the race', although I guess with the wet weather it is hard to know if the river path will be flooded and the route needing diversion !! I'm kinda resigned to wet feet on ultras this year .

13/10/2012 at 16:25

Hope the XC relay went well UTC.

Happy anniversary BM and Mrs BM.

Well done Andy Murray - should be a good final tomorrow. Early start tomorrow for us to get up to Aviemore.

13/10/2012 at 18:04

hey all

had a great day at the XC today. Dry weather wise although very heavy sticky mud in the field(s). Ran well though. A couple of good hills in there in the 4k run and some traily stuff too. Think I did well to run 21:05. My 5k road PB is 22dd so for 1km less with it being XC I think thats ok. Wasnt last in my leg, my team or overall (by a fair bit) so happy enough even though I struggled on the second hill which was very zig-zaggy and the grass was very long which was slippy and easy to trip on. Looking forward to Cumbernauld in 2 weeks (wont be doing Dumbartonshire next week as we are away for Amsterdam Half). Aiming to do sub 21 definitely and maybe sub 20 depending on the course. Great day though. Bf did 13:47 and came 12th in his leg (out of about 40 odd). Fun day.

Well done Andy too!!

Not sure what to do tomorrow. Either gym work or last longish run before Amsterdam (maybe 8-10 miles). If the weather is nice though we were thinking of Goat Fell... hmmm...

13/10/2012 at 18:56

Enjoy Aviemore Alison. Keep saying I'll do the half but never get around to it.

Tattie holidays was a new one on me when I moved up north.

A chip shop fire? Now that's a true Glasgow tragedy. Though you'd have though it would go out once the Irn Bru bottles start exploding.

North district cross-country relays in very pleasant weather in Nairn today. Tough course on sand and mud but it went OK.

14/10/2012 at 11:05

I was hoping to do that one too 57.5 but sadly domestic/childcare issues put paid to that one!

Lovely walk along the Findhorn instead with kids looking at some pretty awesome water rushing through.

Hoping to get out for a run later between hubby returning from bike ride with the boys and us taking him back to the airport

14/10/2012 at 14:16

Happy Anniversary BM

Well done on the xc race UTC!

Cracking 30 miles on the WHW yesterday. Fell TWICE! First time after only 2 miles, cut my hand and was caked in mud Second time was down a slippy rocky bit so took quite a knock. Felt ok at the time but aching all over today. Stayed overnight in The Oak Tree Inn after which was lovely

Fling entries opened today, 95 places gone already Also heard that the winter KLL-Tyndrum Ultra may be moved a week.

14/10/2012 at 15:04

Bad news about the bumps Mrs Mac, nice running though!

Which week might it be moved to? Is there any info on line about it yet?

14/10/2012 at 16:09

Managed the 2nd half of my 2x 11miles back-to-back. Actually felt better than I expected, and running a little faster today- ( had to get back home for the F1 highlinghts).

I think perhaps 1 more decent length run shoud be all I try to fit in before I start to ease down again- my legs feel pretty dead at the moment- although actually better while runnig than when sitting on sofa!

My OH took my octagenerian Mum along part of WHW last weekend ( walking , not running) and managed to let her fall over and skin her arm- she was quite pleased to hear that it's a common problem on that stretch!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.