Scottish Runners

29,381 to 29,400 of 33,503 messages
14/10/2012 at 16:15

Afternoon all

Turned into a great day here after a wet start - perfect for running, cool and sunny with just a slight breeze. Lovely 15m done up and down the hills, legs felt good, could have done more but think that is a good distance to hold things at until after Jedburgh.

Well done Tri and bf at the x-c.

Nice running Mrs Mac, sounds like a nice weekend . Ouch to the falls !

I'm not going to be tempted to rush into a Fling entry just yet, but will be keeping an eye on the numbers .

14/10/2012 at 17:02

Afternoon all, A good 19.5 today. That is probably my last chance for along one pre Glen Ogle, so continuing this years pattern of being a bit undertrained, but I know i have a marthon in me, so it just another 7 miles, so should be fine.

Like TP I will keep my eye on the Fling numbers.

I really need to find a trainer for next year to help with training and advise on what events when.

Had a bit of an idea today to maybe think of organising a race, but do it on a shoestring with the emphasis being that most of the entry money goes to Alzheimers.

14/10/2012 at 17:27

Well done in XC UTC. Good running Mrs Mac and FFB - hope you're not too bruised Mrs Mac.

Husband got new pb in Aviemore Half, and friend pb in 10k, so good day. I went for a walk while they ran, then went to the finish to cheer and clap. Good day all round.

14/10/2012 at 17:33

ffb, what kind of race were you thinking about?

I'll be holding off on the Fling too, need to wait on OH to get his holidays allocated.

Elspeth, its just been comments on FB so far. No mention of which week, just that it would be moved.

Ouch tricia! Hope your Mum's ok? All the best people fall

Sounds like a great run TP

14/10/2012 at 19:40

Mrs Mac, thinking of possibly trying to organise something up at Lock Katrine as I think that would be low cost as long as the water folks agree. Can probably get and out and back marathon .....

14/10/2012 at 20:24

evening

not long back. went over to Arran and hiked up Goat Fell to the summit.

Fantastic!!! Only thing was it was white out conditions at the top!! But it was a great day. Really enjoyed it and was happy that myself and bf overtook most people on the way up.... not that it was a competition or anythingAlthough we did get to the top in about 90 mins from the bottom of the fell at the brewery. Not bad for a 1st timer We also picked a load of blackberries to make some crumble tomorrow.

Nice running FFB MrsMac (hope you're ok after your falls!!) and Tricia (hope your mum's ok too!!). TP, nice running too!

Back to work tomorrow for a mere 3 days! Then its off to Amsterdam for the half there.

Awesome weekend it has to be said!

14/10/2012 at 21:09

Lol FFB - that is funny - I was only up at Loch Katrine last weekend and thinking to myself hmmm this is where FFB was talking about would be a good marathon route a few years back . Would definitely be up for that and if you needed help with giving out numbers etc count me in, as long as I'm not away elsewhere .

UTC - sounds like a nice day out . White out at the top though? OMG winter is definitely here!!!

Had a look at Fling entry - says they are going to start everyone at 6am ....Eeeek that is going to mean a lonely run for those of us at the back . Mind you, I am used to that .

14/10/2012 at 21:27

That sounds like a great day out UTC

Don't know how thats going to work TP. 500 people starting at the same time at Milngavie...

ffb, thats spooky! I'm doing a charity cycle (I'm running!) next weekend from The Trossachs Pier to the ferry at Stronachlachar next Saturday. Its billed as 13 miles so like you say, has marathon potential. I'll 'Garmin' it & report back Count me in for help/participation

14/10/2012 at 21:43

Yeah I'm a bit bemused as to why they want to do that, not sure how that will help having the full 500 people funnelling along right from the start.

Some fab outings by the sounds of it this weekend - Goat Fell and WHW in particular. I stacked it on WHW within about 2 miles of leaving the start in Milgavie - tripped on random rock, put large gash in hand and bruised a hip, just what you need with another 50-odd miles to go!!

Managed to sneak in a lovely 10-miler along coast to Roseisle and back before airport run to Inverness. Was glorious actually and managed to fit it exactly between two heavy showers.

14/10/2012 at 21:58

Elspeth, 9th December. TBC in the next few days.......

15/10/2012 at 06:04

Morning.

Thanks for anniversary wishes. Had  a nice meal out on Saturday night.

4.5M Fartlek done. Hard. Cold and frosty morning over here this morning. Saw a couple of gritters when out

Morning Tri: Climbed Goatfell a few years ago, actually I think 20 ! Enjoy Amsterdam this weekend.

More to catch up on.

--  
15/10/2012 at 06:56

morning BM

gritters?? oh dear!! Its started Yeah looking forward to Amsterdam.

TP, no actual snow at the top just the visibility was completely white, could only see a few feet in front of you. Great day though.

Back down to earth with a bump today.

Good luck with the event FFB Id be interested in being involved if logistics and details worked out!

Work time....

15/10/2012 at 07:44

Morning all. A little stiff after my LSR yesterday. Did not see any gritters this morning but had to de-ice the car and put the fog lamps on as I headed out to Bothwell.

Looks like organising a run might be a plan given the positive response. It would not be anything fancy as I would want pretty much all of the entry fee to be going to the charity. I have garmined the pier to Stronalacher and it is just on 13 miles as far as I can remember.

15/10/2012 at 09:04

Mrs Mac - Thanks! Peter's Birthday, will put it on the calendar, let me know when there's more news.

That run/cycle you're doing next weekend Mrs Mac, is that open to anyone - realised i have a long weekend off?

FFB - interested too depending on timing and travellogistics.

Gray and wet.

15/10/2012 at 10:18

Definitely no gritters here ... pouring rain here, can you tell it's the first day of the holidays

Hmmm, KKL race on the 9th ... perhaps not the Lossie Turkey Trot 10 after all then for me ...

Fling was up to about 125 entries when I checked last night ...

No running to be done today with kids to entertain, out on bikes later if the pishing rain stops, so that'll be turbo for me tonight then.

15/10/2012 at 13:39

Hope the weather is better with you now cragchick, sun is shining on Nairn! I'll run into you one day, was out in Roseisle forest doing a few miles with the dog at the Burghead end yesterday. Must be one of the best places I've run for underfoot conditions. Then ran from Hopeman to the lighthouse and back which was rather muddier but wore the dog out nicely.

15/10/2012 at 16:12

I am quite happy to have a quiet birthday by myself
but do not want entry to S2S ultra as a birthday present

15/10/2012 at 17:42

Lol OH - just as well you got that one in quickly!!

Fling will certainly feel more overcrowded than usual at the start with that many people heading out at 6am !! I checked the time limits and it looks like every category gets the full 15hrs, so I guess its fairer from that point of view - I still think it will be lonely at the back though , one of the nicest things about this race is how the fast people all say hello as they pass throughout the day .

15/10/2012 at 18:51

Ungrateful or what! Doesn't know what he's missing!

15/10/2012 at 19:43

OH!! You spoilt the surprise Elspeth, I'm sure he's just kidding

Sounds like a fun run 57.5

Gritters BM?

Really aching today after my falls so rest for me I'm afraid

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.