Scottish Runners

29,401 to 29,420 of 33,190 messages
15/10/2012 at 20:31

MrsMac:Yup there were Gritters out this morning.

16/10/2012 at 06:22

Morning and a wet one today

Morning Tri

Noticed Glasgow City Centreis  busier than normal with school holidays. We're usually away, but not this year unfortunately.

16/10/2012 at 06:58

morning BM

only 2 days of work left before Amsterdam! good session last night.

hoping to get a couple of 6 milers in in the next couple of days.

looking forward to it.

16/10/2012 at 09:25

57.5 - yes, one day we may even manage to meet! I do love the Roseisle paths for running yes, they haven't been destroyed by the 'repair' work of the forestry lot after their trucks have hacked up all the paths so there really isn't much running over that horrible lumpy rocky stuff!

No running - as predicted - but five miles with the kids on bikes round Culbin later yesterday afternoon - was beautiful, if chilly.  Beach today I think as I have gained two extra children to entertain. Somehow tonight I need to fit in homework so not sure turbo is going to fit into equation as well - bah

Lovely and frosty here this morning ...

16/10/2012 at 12:19

D'day all. Rather wet and driech here.

Been checking out potential dates for  my charity run: boy the scottish events calendar is pretty full these days, which is great for participants but not so great if you are trying to squeeze in an extra LOL.

16/10/2012 at 14:04

Afternoon all

Ouch Mrs Mac - hope the bruises are feeling better.

Cragchick - two extra children , hope you get a reciprocal agreement from their owner .

Good Luck for Amsterdam UTC .

FFB - that is a tough one, cos presumably you dont want too many people entered due to logistics etc, but still need a decent entry number. I would avoid the major holidays etc given the car parking limitations at the Loch.

I have to confess to being a bad cat owner ! My poor cat managed to get himself locked in his food cupboard last night, I got up to do his night time feed, about 4am, and didnt notice puss had snuck in behind me . Woken about 3hrs later by a distant and terrible meoooooooooowwwwwww!!! He had chewed his way through a bag of cat litter, strewn that across the floor, chewed some cardboard boxes, but not touched any food. He ran out and went straight to his litter tray - what a good puss for not just going to the toilet in the cupboard , and what a rotten owner locking him in .

16/10/2012 at 17:45

I ran 8.17km along the canal this morning and it was blimming freezing.

I've been fed up for several hours as Fetch is down and I can't log it.

Must get a life I suppose

Hope everyone is having a nice day

16/10/2012 at 17:47

Keep forgetting to say ouch to Mrs Mac and hope you are not too bruised for too long.

And good luck for Amsterdam UTC. I am told that it is a lovely marathon and very well supported.

Oh TP  We have done similar to our cat. They are far too stealthy and good at creeping in behind you. I shut ours in the wardrobe the other day, but luckily Mr FFB noticed before we went out, otherwise he would have come back to shredded shirts. She also got shut in baby FFBs room once for about half a day. Shot straight out, down the stairs and through the cat flap and off for a very long wee.

Just back from a farily zippy and hilly 5ish miles. Felt that one.

16/10/2012 at 18:19

Just back from 10 miler in sunny calm but cool conditions. Slowly pushing mileage back up again ...

16/10/2012 at 19:15

I had a good run this morning too, but it was really quite chilly.

The cat was 'creating' most of the morning because he wanted to go out, but everytime I took him downstairs he took one look outside and shot back up the stairs!!!  I left him in while I ran then he shot back out again when I got back, I went down the stairs again, freezing with the back door open, 'No actually I think I have changed my mind'  Arrrrrrgh! Bloomin cat. By this point I was freezing, hands frozen from the wrists down, and knees felt like I had rheumatism or something , managed to warm up and the pain went away !! I am going to have to get the long tights out I think, turning into an old granny .

Cat bugged me all through my warm down, meeeeoow, meeeeow, claw, claw, I finally put him out in the rain cos I couldnt stand the racket . (Bad Cat Owner point number 2). Luckily it then stopped raining so he had a good couple of hours chasing the neighbours cat , came back in, gave my feet a good slashing and a bite, then went to sleep  . Asleep on his blanket now like a wee angel .

16/10/2012 at 19:36

Poor cat - still it keeps us entertained. We once shut next door's cat in our house for a week, sneaked in while we were packing up the car in the dark and both families off for the school hols.  Luckily they had a key as they were back before us and puss had managed to dine of a Christmas pudding!

Just when the weather is nice been at work for a long day. Did 13.5 miles yesterday and somehow it felt like 25 - legs aching this morning, there was only one decent hill in it too though a lot of ankle high mud in the last mile. Lots of rain too.

UTC - good luck in Amsterdam.

FFB - something early in the year might be nice to give us all something to aim at over the dark days of winter!

16/10/2012 at 19:56

It must be cats and 'wee dogs'. Our pooch (Chihuahua) has a habit of locking himself in rooms. He can just about open doors by putting all his weight on it but is too little to paw his way out again. We usually notice its gone 'quiet'

ffb, what Elspeth said! What about New Years Day??!

I noticed that too Joe

It'll be the mud that did it Elspeth

Still no running for me but I did go on the bike and the rower to keep ticking over.

16/10/2012 at 20:24

Oh dear Elspeth - I have heard of cats breaking into fridges to steal the xmas turkey but never the pudding!!!  One of my friends cats years ago had himself a lovely Christmas Eve on the turkey - they were left to share the nut roast !!!

Mrs Mac - NYDay  (faints). I can honestly say though, having been up there one time in the week between Xmas and NY, there will be nobody, I mean nobody, there to clog up the car park . (The toilets were shut too, just in case FFB is thinking Hmmmmm NYDay??!!! )

16/10/2012 at 21:20

NO!!!  Not New Years Day - I'd never be able to travel then, no boats, no trains!

Having said that it might suit everyone else, guess most folk won't be working that day.

16/10/2012 at 22:19

Hi all,

Couldn't resist making contact with some fellow Scottish runners who understand 'proper' weather. I returned to running a couple of months ago after 20 years away and am thoroughly enjoying myself as I get my running fitness back. Not done a race yet as I want to get up to a reasonable level rather than struggle my way round and end up dispirited. Hopefully a 5k around New Year and a 10k a month later. 

We moved up to the Cairngorms earlier this year after a few years on the Isle of Arran and we love it here. Just getting used to colder but (generally) drier weather. We had a bit of snow in the village today but it has been coming down steadily on the hills most of the day. Looks like being about -5 again tonight.

16/10/2012 at 23:00

Welcome HRHB, which village? Running is fun here in the north if you don't mind the dark for the next 6 months. I can recommend the Inverness parkrun if you want to try out 'racing' the 5km distance with only the cost of petrol.

Ran my first serious interval session in a while tonight. Might be a couple of sore muscles tomorrow.

LOL at the trapped cat stories.

17/10/2012 at 06:14

Morning

Morning Tri

4.5M Steady. Cold, dry, no wind. Okay run. Autumn very much here.

Lots to catch up on I see.

HRHB: Welcome .

17/10/2012 at 07:51

HRHB welcome

Similar conditions to BM here this morning. Not sure what my training session will be this evening.

17/10/2012 at 09:51

57.5 DoP- We are in Braemar which was first mention on the BBC forecast this morning with us down to -7 last night. Still hovering around -4.

Day off work today and day off running after 2 on the trot, so staying cosy and warm at home in front of a good book.

17/10/2012 at 11:07

Frosty here in Orkney but not sub zero

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.