Scottish Runners

29,421 to 29,440 of 33,393 messages
17/10/2012 at 13:33

Brrrrr chucking down and freezing in Glasgow.

Somebody wanna contact Noah? I think we might need to start rounding up the animals at this rate .

Much chagrin here cos the car has knackered lights and indicators all down one side, something electrical is wrong, not fuses or bulbs as they are all checked and fine, so it needs to go to a Peugeot dealership for 'diagnostics'. I'm not sure I like the sound of that !

17/10/2012 at 13:47

same freezing and wet conditions on the east coast too. glad i wasn't running this morning.think i'll be looking out the running tights for tomorrow morning.

inlaws packed off and sent back down south yesterday so the house was nice and quiet last night. quite a relief after 16 days. but it wasn't too bad i have to admit. think it helps that father-in-law has cut down alcohol consumption after some health scares earlier in the year. doing him wonders though.

news year day would be a great day for a race but not next year as we'll be away. middle to end of jan would be better

17/10/2012 at 18:34

Evening all. Yeuch. Decided to train onb the spin bike this evening. A wee 35k with lots of high resistance work.

Sorry about the car TP  I feel a bit guilty relishing my brand new '62' plate vroom vroom.

17/10/2012 at 22:21

I'll be running nearby this weekend HMHB. Signed up for a 10k at Dinnet, it's about time I ran over that distance for the first time this year.

17/10/2012 at 23:43

57.5 - Good luck and hope you enjoy the race. Loch Kinord is a favourite birdwatching spot of mine and should be a great place to run. I look forward to hearing how you get on. Not yet ready for a 10k, my plan is around the end of Jan.

18/10/2012 at 06:29

Morning and it is dry !

Pouring down last night. There will surely be flooding in West and Cental Scotland today !

Morning Tri.

Edited: 18/10/2012 at 06:29
18/10/2012 at 07:35

morning BM

off to Amsterdam this morning!! Looking forward to it! Hope its drier and milder mind you

Good luck anyone racing this weekend and 57.5 with the 10k!!

Lol at the cat tales!! When I had my cats, I locked them in various cupboards/out of the house many times over the years!! Kind of miss having them around sometimes...

Welcome HRHB!!

Dad picking us up at 9 for the airport, ust time to get ready

18/10/2012 at 09:11

have a fantastic time in Amsertdam UTC. Weather can't be any worse than it is here.

Thought I was going to get away with a dry run this morning but the rain came around mile 4 and just got heavier and heavier so I was thoroughly soaked by the end.

18/10/2012 at 09:36

Been lurking for a while! So hello all. After being soaked when running for the last couple of days in Edinburgh. A pleasant wee 2.5 mile run to work this morning. No rain and a rise in temperature. Bonus!

18/10/2012 at 10:22

Good luck everyone with your races or training this weekend looking forward to hearing your tales. 

With all our talk of bad weather I almost feel embarrased to mention that in mid November I'm heading to the Algarve for a month. I wish I was enough of an athlete to say it was a warm weather Winter training camp. Really its an excuse to escape the British Winter and it will be good to not have to contend with ice and snow. 

Welcome Grant - like you I was pleased to have a dry run this morning and for it to be warmer than the last few days. It was 1pm before it got above zero here yesterday.

18/10/2012 at 14:13

Anyone doing Culloden 17:46k on 28th?

18/10/2012 at 14:50

alright you lot. anyone going to jedburgh?

18/10/2012 at 17:19

OH, while Culloden is on my doorstep a wedding the night before has put paid to any thoughts of racing on the 28th!

18/10/2012 at 18:44

Evening

Belated good luck to UTC in Amsterdam

I saw Culloden OH but am away on a girly weekend then. You thinking about it?

Same goes for Jedburgh dude. Looks like a good one though

Tried a wee 5 mile run tonight. Body seems almost repared but my achilles is still a bit 'shouty'.

18/10/2012 at 18:58

i think it'll be fun. beautiful countryside. have a good fun girly weekend.

18/10/2012 at 19:26

Good luck in amsterdam UTC. Welcome HRHB and Grant, and welcome back dude - I think you've done the Dundee parkrun a copule of times - is that right?

Quite cold in Dundee, but not as cold as Glasgow it seems. Very drizzly last night, but really enjoyed my run.

18/10/2012 at 19:35

Evening all

FFB - Nah, you should enjoy your new car and make the most of it . They are great......when they work .

Dude - I'll be at Jedburgh too. Take it you are doing the ultra?

Waves to the new people - hello Grant, hello HRHB - watch out, if you stick around here long enough you will be doing marathons before you know it.....and then ultras .

Mrs Mac - that is good recovery from your 30m (and falling over ).

A nice 10m again for me, weather much improved, Park completely flooded however ! There was a dog paddling in what is usually a grassy area . Wore new compression tights today, very strange feeling at first , but once I got used to the odd springy feeling, actually really really good .

I should be tapering but I cannot be a**ed, so Jedburgh is on schedule as a 'training run' rather than an out and out race for me. It will all be miles in the bag for next Spring .

18/10/2012 at 19:52

Evening

Grant: Welcome to our madhouse.

Tri: All the best in Amsterdam

TP :I walked Geordie earlier. Soaked again !

18/10/2012 at 19:54

yep the ultra - it'll pretty much be a training run for me too see how I feel on the day. it's not a part of the country I know well so looking forward to it

thanks alison. yes..it's a tough track at camperdown..but it always seems to be sunny!

18/10/2012 at 19:55

Evening dude.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.