Scottish Runners

29,421 to 29,440 of 33,517 messages
01/11/2012 at 20:07

Evening

TC: Sorry that your interview didn't go well.

Just back from younger sons parents night. It went okay.

cragchick: Sorryto hear that you've got teh cold now.

01/11/2012 at 20:22

Enjoy Glen Ogle Mrs Mac - say hello to the Dreadnaught for me!

Just been in at work for hours so missed running group tonight.  Ah well better luck tomorrow.

01/11/2012 at 20:40

Grant - Cape Wrath is a great week!
Did HM and Full (my first) last year
Had been a supporter/hanger on previousyear when Elspeth was doing marathon
My pace is similar to yours going on your 10k time.
Great atmosphere and the post marathon ceilidh is worth going for alone!

01/11/2012 at 20:52

Mrs Mac - good luck at Glen Ogle . I would probably try for an entry for WHW myself if it wasnt for the support crew requirements, which I would find difficult to fullfil. This is why I like the Centurion races, okay they cost slightly more to enter, but they are fully supported. I have a sneaky plan with the WHW to 'do it myself' one year though .  

Good luck also FFB, Tricia, who all else is going to GO?

Brrrr, its freezing out....looked like sleat earlier . Made a huge cottage pie for tea YUM!!!

01/11/2012 at 21:21

Just been out walking Geordie. He was 'asking to go out' again !

01/11/2012 at 21:22

I'm packed too, but have no idea what I will end up wearing. Too much food too, but no idea what I will want. Going to pop into Mhor Fish on way up, got B&B in Strathyre, hoping to reguster in the pub tomorrow night.

01/11/2012 at 21:37

I was the same ffb! Enough food for the whole field

02/11/2012 at 06:00

Morning and a bit cold when out.

Morning Tri

TP: Used to love cottage pies when a youngster.

02/11/2012 at 07:05

morning BM

sciatica flared up again although not as bad as before. still struggled to sleep though, woke 5-6 times through the night.

Study day at Victoria Inf again so need to head all the way to the south side which is a pain. Should hopefully be half day though and heading for a long swim after as it seems to help. Might fit in a turbo if the pain is ok.

Some brufen and bio-freeze and I'll be off this morning.

Good luck all GO runners!!! I'll hopefully get back to some running soon.

02/11/2012 at 08:26

Hope the sciatica clears UTC. It is horrible.

Cottage Pie, still a family favourite. Mt FFB could just keep eating it til he exploded

Think I may need to try and pick up some extra gloves. I seem to have lost a pair and pair I have are thermal but sometime not quite thermal enough. No water proof trousers, but I don't do waterproof trousers.

Should really get a move on with finding my kit sponsors so that I can trial the kit over the winter.

02/11/2012 at 09:28

Other Half - thanks for the additonal info. I think I am going to brave the HM.

Sounds like it will be fun. Thanks Everyone.

A 3 mile run to work this morning, quite pleasant, not as cold as yesterday.

02/11/2012 at 14:27

Afternoon all

Turned into a lovely day after a hideous wet start - even the puss wouldn't go out!!

Had a good run, lovely in the woods in the sunshine, and saw a deer, ran straight across my path .

Cragchick - I think you are actually perfect for UTMB with your mountaineering background . If anyone on here can complete it, you can. I used to hillwalk a lot, but these days I just want to run (and cycle when I get the chance). I know if I managed to get into a race like that for me personally it would just end up being one big long walk  , so my plan is enter the flatter races (a few hills are okay, like at Jedburgh at the weekend ), then at least I can get chance to run some of it, rather than it being one long slog .

Ultras are funny actually, a run / walk strategy is definitely a good thing, but I can get soooooo hacked off with the walking parts  LOL after the 100 this year I was cursing walking anywhere !!!

Oh yes winter food season is upon us . Good time for roasts now its getting colder too . Last nights cottage pie had red wine in the sauce, which I simmered down before combining everything together.....YUM YUM.

Happy racing everyone and good weekends to all .

02/11/2012 at 15:45

Hi folks,

Thank you for the comments on Jedburgh.  In the end, I was just pleased to finish.  Not doing another one for a while.

Good luck everyone this weekend - lots of races going on, it seems.  I've signed up for a relay, but not cross country this time, thankfully. 

UTC - Have you seen a physio for the sciatica?  I went to one at Achilles Heel.  I still get it sometimes, but I do think it helped.

Have good weekend, folks.

02/11/2012 at 17:28

evening,

just back from a swim which seems to have helped a fair bit.

IJ, our physio base is about 20 feet from the treatment area at work so I have spoken to them. Kind of feel paying £20+ when I have them on my doorstep (even if they are sport specific types) is a bit... Im reluctant to pay out if not needed. I am however thinking of booking a sports massage, to see if that helps.

I wont be doing the Bella 4k XC now by the looks of things (and I think entry is now closed). Just going to take things easy and build base fitness again over next couple of months... disappointing but these things happen!!

02/11/2012 at 17:35

Oh dear - I'm still at work.I'v ewritten a list for GO kit to pack, and bougght some crisps. Hopefully my OH has followed instructions and stocked up on flapjacks, chocolate milk, etc.

I'm getting driven up there in the morning, so can change my mind about clothing at a late stage, but I'm hoping that Gloves and arm warmers will stop my fingers dropping off. Need to re-check forecast.

Arghh- I'm not ready for this at all.

02/11/2012 at 18:29

Good luck to the Glen Oglers. Hope you're away from work by now tricia.

02/11/2012 at 22:14
In strathyre via a stop at mhor fish in Callander, yum. Went to pub and registered. Drop bags packed and labelled. Will decide on kit in morning. B&B owner getting up early to do breakfast so appear to be ready. Taking small camera as the views are said to be amazing, so will be stopping to take photos another runner staying here: she is over from minnisota
03/11/2012 at 09:29

Hi all

Just checking in to say i'm still here - have you missed me?

Training is very erratic as work is taking over.  Need to get out and run.

03/11/2012 at 16:27

Hope everyone has had good runs today.

Welcome back Kirsty .

UTC - you will get your mojo back soon, just need to get rid of a few niggles you have picked up this year, then you will be back on form I am sure .

Anyone doing the Southside Six tommorrow? The signs and route markings are all now out, so hopefully they will still be there tommorrow .

Rest day for me today, well, apart from I decided to have big community clean up this morning, and got set to work with shovel and broom cleaning all the footpaths round about - the council scoured this place during the 'lympics but now seem to have used up all their money and abandoned us , so I decided to clear up the mountains of leaves and rubbish before some old granny comes a cropper . I reported some dumped carpets about 3.5wks ago but they still havent been to collect them - unfortunately they were too soaked and heavy for me to lift, else I would have put them in the bins , very annoying......

Will probably do a run tommorrow, attempting to avoid the Six course , although I could just get up early and follow their route markings before the race starts .

03/11/2012 at 16:56
Glen ogle completed a steady effort in 6hrs 54. Saw triviality briefly. She went on ahead and I hooked up with old friend and bum led along for the rest race. Cold but mainly dry. Some long hills. Stunning views and well marshalled. Report tomorrow when we get back.
Welcome back kirsty
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.