Scottish Runners

29,441 to 29,460 of 33,210 messages
18/10/2012 at 20:34

Culloden - Els and I just toying with the idea. Would be better if we could entice one or two others along to reduce the car transport costs.
Decided not to wear my white top with red cross if I do

18/10/2012 at 21:02

Bit dreary here today too - never really dried up properly. Hubby back tomorrow so I get to run for first time since Sunday - yippee.

Was debating between Dinnet 10km and Dufftown 10 ... Dufftown might still be on the cards but not 100% sure.  Wanted to do Culloden but am away on final training weekend for pilates course.

Was up your way 57.5 today. Took the kids and bikes to Nairn and parked in East Beach parking. Thought we'd see how far upriver we could get on the path with the bikes ... can you tell we've never been there before ... all was well until we crossed a bridge and the nice path became a tree-rooted single-track above a steep drop to the river (fenceless). Fine on foot, but with the 8-year-old on his new 'big boy' bike, and not totally in control, my nerve finally failed me (visions of bikes and children in river) and we turned back and retreating to the sea front and the allure of nice tarmac path and play areas!!

Have entered the Fling! 

18/10/2012 at 22:39

You'll have gone past my flat near enough, near the bridge you crossed. It is a great path to run (better once some of the foliage got cut back this spring) but I'd imagine it could be a bit hairy on a bike in places at any age, particularly on a muddy day. Towards Cawdor there are some narrow stretches but I'd imagine it would be quite easily biked.

OH - You don't think celebrating a famous 'away win' would go down well with the locals?

19/10/2012 at 06:13

Morning

4.5M Easy/Steady. Dry, no wind and no rain

19/10/2012 at 07:44

Morning all. No training for me last night, well I did do a weights session. Late away from work, road work detours and hold up on way home and then 15 minutes driving around to try and get parked So, bu the time I got in whilst a run would have dealy with my anger and furstration, the rain was back on with a veageance. So, no Friday rest day for me.

19/10/2012 at 09:39

Morning all. Mid paced 5k to work this morning after dropping the wee man at nursery. No rain and warmer than I anticipated. No run tomorrow and hopfefully a LSR on Sunday. Have a great weekend and good luck to anyone running in races!

19/10/2012 at 09:42

Rain back on again now Birkmyre - I should have gone out when I fed the cat at 5.25am !

Oh dear FFB - I saw there had been part of the London Rd collapsed into the sewer - a big stretch of it  - so they were diverting people early off M74 and on a big circuit through town/ East End !! Just as well that didnt happen during 2014!!!!

Hope Tri chick is having better weather in Amsterdam than here!

Cragchick - good news on the Fling entry . I am going to wait until there are about 50 to 100 places left, then put my entry in......errrmmmm, mainly cos I'm tight and trying to save a bit of money .

19/10/2012 at 18:30

TP: You could join us Stupid O Clock runners at 5:25 am

19/10/2012 at 19:23

Hello

Nice one cragchick I'm with TP, leaving it late. Like living on the edge

Charity Loch Katrine run tomorrow, really looking forward to it

Good luck those racing training this weekend.

19/10/2012 at 19:51

Evening Mrs Mac.

2 nephews are coming to stay with us this weekend !

19/10/2012 at 20:15

Good luck tommorrow Mrs Mac, looks like a decent forecast for the weekend.

Birkmyre - at that time of the morning I can just about manage to get the cats food into his bowl and open the blinds in the living room, then I go back to bed .

19/10/2012 at 20:46

Is that good or bad bm?!

5.25am?? Nope, means nothing

20/10/2012 at 09:27

Mornng

TP: Go on have a go

MrsMac: Good as we've only got one staying. The other is over at his Grandpas. 2 wouldn't have bothered us, as we're kinda used to having them. But we only found out about one visiting at dinner time (5:45pm) last night.  We knew about 4 weeks ago taht one was staying with us.

20/10/2012 at 09:54

Lol Birkmyre - funnily enough I used to - I was mostly Stupid O'clock cyclist though, at the weekends, cos you could be guaranteed the road to yourself .

20/10/2012 at 09:58

Morning TP:Very true and Geordie is a Stupid O Clock dog for his walks

20/10/2012 at 13:56

Afternoon all, My 13 - 15 was actually a 15.3m. Took it very steady and slow as I am supposed to be tapering. Good run and felt strong. Just waiting on the bath to run.

20/10/2012 at 15:24

Good running ffb. Did my long run today too - not as long as yours though. Sunny here today - wore my summer gear for first times in weeks.

20/10/2012 at 16:10

Hi Alison, yes not too bad here either. I wore my autumn kit and was a bit warm so probably could have got away with summer kit too.

20/10/2012 at 16:28

Mrs Mac - means nothing to me either Hope you had a good run today.

Nice up here after a night of heavy rain, 13.5 miles in the sunshine but deep deep puddles, poor shoes!

20/10/2012 at 19:49

Good long runs FFB and elspeth

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.