Scottish Runners

29,501 to 29,520 of 33,550 messages
25/10/2012 at 07:14

morning BM

Feel a bit better but still not quite right. Definitely think something working on me.

Hopefully wont be a bad day today then I have a study day tomorrow so at least less stressful than work!

25/10/2012 at 07:49

Morning all. A great wee 8 miles last night in Pollok park. Fantastic

UTC definitely not doing yourself any favours . As everyone says it could be viral, over training, chronic fatigue.Maybe try boosting your vitamin D and magnesium levels, cos lets face it we have not had much sun this year so vitamin D will be low and that aids magnesium absorbtion. If your levels of both are low it can affect energy and recovery, sleep patterns, cause headaches. I was having fatigue and energy issues in the summer and someone suggested magnesium. I found my levels were low and started  taking vitamin D and magnesium. It has made a real difference.

25/10/2012 at 11:10

Good running FFB .

I had a bit of a rubbish run yesterday after a good run on Tuesday - probably because I was still mad about the car situation .

The more I learn about ultra running, the more I find I want to learn  - the best thing about the internet these days is you can get easy access to full copies of some of these research papers and read them for yourself. I dont pretend to understand it all, particularly when they are going on about chemical pathways etc , as its not really my field, but there is always something new that can be picked up. If it makes us better runners because of it (or more aware of what is going on in our bodies and why we react in a certain way) then all the better .

25/10/2012 at 18:28

That sounds interesting TP. Might read some more about it

Thats not so good UTC, hope the rest is all it takes.

The Winter Ultra is on 9th December for anyone interested

25/10/2012 at 18:42

ooooooo!

25/10/2012 at 19:52

Oooooooo +1

25/10/2012 at 19:58

Just been catching up.

Sorry you've not been well UTC - you probably need to rest a bit I think.

Good running ffb and Elspeth - I should be as lazy as you!

Nice runs over last few days. Just under 5 miles fartlek this evening - great fun.

25/10/2012 at 20:39

Evening

Taking a break from folding youngers sons free papers. He's away at football training.

25/10/2012 at 21:06

ooooo +2

Had a close call this evening. A bad case of runnrs trots and no where to trot  Cut run short and just made it back. Mr FFB said it must have been th quickest ' Tutankhamun Two-step' ever  I was really looking forward to my run and enjoying it up to that point.

25/10/2012 at 21:33

FFB: Shame re your trots !

25/10/2012 at 22:14

FFB - must have been something in the air, had to abort from JS run after 2.5 miles and return to base for toilet facilites, then rejoined them for the end. Not relaxing. Following on getting called back into work at 5.15pm and having to get changed and out for the group at 6pm made for a not so good evening.

Mrs Mac - away to look at that now

TP - have fun at Jedburgh. Look forward to hearing about it.

No go for Culloden for us, sounds like not the best forecast for travelling and if we're not back on Monday morning wouldn't be popular.

25/10/2012 at 22:35

evening.

still lurgified here... think its maybe a mild chest infection.... got away early as I felt awful and have lay on the couch ALL evening.

Hopefully will make my course tomorrow. Although it would be good to spend it in bed but I dont know if i could rearrange my course or not....

Ultra looks cool MrsMac

Hope all the erm... toilet issues have resolved themselves

bed now for me...

25/10/2012 at 23:40

Winter ultra? Isn't 28 miles better classified as a poorly measured marathon .

Though seriously it sound like fun, unless the winter arrives early. And I guess the miles could be increased by jogging back to get the car.

26/10/2012 at 04:14

Harsh 57.5 . Technically, anything over 26.2 is an ultra. Plus look at the terrain. That is tough enough that the fact that it is a short ultra is more than made up for.Got a touch of insomnia. Have been awake for the last hour so decided to get up for  a while. That said I normally get up at 6 so if I am not careful there will be no point in going back to bed.

26/10/2012 at 04:23

harsh indeed

looks a great event, can't think why it has passed me by before! thanks for the heads up mrs mac.

sorry to hear about the insomnia FFB. i wish i could say the same, but i'm at work! :S

26/10/2012 at 05:50

Morning you lot

Mornng Tri

Cold one up here. Gloves and hat on when out. Brrr

4 Easy Miles. legs stiff today.

Hopr thosel urgified and trotted (youse know what I mean) are feeling better.

26/10/2012 at 06:55

morning BM

good sleep had although can only lie on 1 side as its too painful to lie on my left, and when I cough it hurts from my shoulder and my lower lung. Headache persisting as well. Doubt I'll be fit for XC tomorrow...

Also hoping I can get a lift to my course today as dont have the energy to cycle...

26/10/2012 at 07:46

Sorry to hear you are still suffering UTC

BM, I noticed that the temperature actually dropped 2 degrees between 4am and 6 am.

Dude, it is quite a low key event and non-SAL. I found out via FB.

26/10/2012 at 09:09

ah i see.

26/10/2012 at 16:35

Oh No to all the trotters!!!

Tri - get well soon - bed sounds like a good idea.

Got the car back today, looking shiny, and everything working again! Hurrah!!!  Good timing as I wasnt really looking forward to taking someone elses car to Jedburgh . Also, after I complained so much , they dropped the 'New Total' and charged me the 'Old Total', so it came out just under £500 smackers . Still a pain paying that out at this time of year, but it was gonna be a whole lot worse, so definitely worth making a stink over. I also went over to Asda next door to them and got my own oil on special offer at £4 a litre, which ridiculously saved me another £30!!! Result .

Now packed and ready for Jed . Have a good weekend everyone.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.