Scottish Runners

29,521 to 29,540 of 32,841 messages
26/10/2012 at 17:45

That is a lot TP - just imagine how much running kit you could buy for that, or how many races you could enter - or maybe don't imagine - too upsetting.

Snowing a bit here.

Good luck in Jedburgh TP, and anyone else doing it.

26/10/2012 at 19:37

Evening

TP: Glad you got your car sorted. All the best for Jedburgh.

Tri: Hope your feeling better.

It's really cold again,

26/10/2012 at 20:50

safely in jedburgh via new lanark (the falls of clyde had some stunning colours today). we've had a little snow!

staying in the best b&b ever. hot tub!

26/10/2012 at 21:57

evening

feeling a bit better today thanks everyone. Still not great but much better than last night. Still got a bit of a headache and shivery but not as bad although still quite achey. Obviously have had to pull out of the XC tomorrow but will still go and spectate/support! Gutted I cant run though

Went to the velodrome tonight to watch some of the scottish champs competitions. At £3 a ticket it was hard to knock back and I felt ok to sit and watch. Knackered though and glad to be home. Very cold out.

Good luck to those racing in Jedburgh or anywhere else!

26/10/2012 at 22:14

Wow Dude - hot tub .

Snow . Good job I packed the merino top!

Heading over tommorrow.

27/10/2012 at 06:50
Hot tub in a b&b??? Nice.

About to head out and see how much of the snow is stil around. Almost blizzard conditions around 8-9pm last night. Was so cold when I was doing tennis coaching. Need extra layers this morning I think.

Good luck to all those running this weekend!!
27/10/2012 at 08:19

Mornng

Cold and frosty when out.

27/10/2012 at 09:10

pretty nifty! and they have a lovely chocolate lab they are letting me 'borrow' to go for a walk this morning! brilliant

just been having my hot tub in the snow! just a light sprinkling here

I was going to take in the melrose rugby match, which i'm guessing will be off

good running this weekend everyone!

27/10/2012 at 10:55

Dude; Brilliant dogs Labradors. Geordie is an 18 month black Lab. Who is as daft as a brush

27/10/2012 at 11:33

aww lovely. my lab/spaniel cross Lendl (yes, after the tennis player) was daft too! but lovely natured.

27/10/2012 at 14:39

A bit of snow and ice lingering above 1500' on Clava Moor today for my run, but nice down at sea level for the parkrun. Good luck in Jedburgh TP and dude, and fingers crossed for friends running the Marine Corps Marathon that the big storm arrives late enough to miss the event!

27/10/2012 at 16:43

Having decided not to go away it's just wet and miserable here, winds have dropped again. Managed a decent 16 miles out this morning.

Dude - sounds quite some B&B, good luck to you and TP tomorrow

27/10/2012 at 16:44

Tri - hope you continue to feel better.

57.5 - are you no longer commuting to sunny Orkney?

27/10/2012 at 17:01

Hi All, I hope all the Jedburgh flks do OK. B&Bs these days are brilliant. Some are like boutique hotels

I had a lovely 11 mile bimble ths morning in the cold, but it as fantatsic. I am was and am a bit stiff though so lots of stretching and hip oening this next week ready for Glen Ogle. I am feeling pretty chilled about it and am not going to stress it. It will take a long time and I will probably be last in but I just need to finish this one and not get a hat trick of DNFs.

27/10/2012 at 18:50
Hi folks,
Just been catching up. UTC - sounds rough. Do you think the whole thing was a bug?
TP - interesting about the chronic fatigue. I too was diagnosed with it some years ago. In my case, I think it was mental health related, though its odd how many of us here seem to have experienced it.
So - see you at Jedburgh tomorrow? Haven't checked different start times. I'm obviously only doing the half.... This after 6 days off, following doing something nasty to my calf by trying to run differently on Monday.
UTC, good to see you in Kilmarnock. Tough race. I found bellahouston even harder... Thought it might be easier because it was flat! Scobos, saw you briefly... Looked for you after all the medal stuff but couldn't find you.
If anyone is at Jedburgh say hi. I think I'll be the only one in a bellahouston harriers top.
27/10/2012 at 18:59

Ianjames; All the best tomorrow.

27/10/2012 at 21:07

hiya all

thanks to 57.5, elspeth, FFB and everyone for the good luck wishes.

have to really big up this place, Glenacre. They have volunteered to get up at 6 to make me and another girl who is doing the ultra a special breakfast, then drive us down to the start so my partner can stay in bed. then, even though we are supposed to be checking out at 11, they have said i can come back to shower and have a hot tub before heading back to glasgow.

seriously above and beyond the call of duty. brilliant.

27/10/2012 at 21:08

Hiya Ian. i'll try to say hi. i'll be all in black and finishing last all the best for the half, it'll be a great day.

27/10/2012 at 22:58
Just noticed you lot start at 8! That's commitment. Good luck, dude and TP. We have another 3 hours! Just read the write up for the ultra. Can't say I'm jealous. Hope it goes well for you both though.
27/10/2012 at 23:07

Good luck TP, dude and Ian. Dont forget to put your clocks back everyone.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.