Scottish Runners

29,561 to 29,580 of 33,550 messages
29/10/2012 at 19:43

Well done TP & Dude, sounds like a real toughie

Yay to being the 'first Scottish lady' challenge ffb That'd be a nice wee added incentive!

Had a nice girly weekend in Aberfeldy with my sisters. Had a nice run but am nursing a niggly achilles at the moment. GO33 will be interesting

29/10/2012 at 19:58

Mrs Mac - are you still doing the Winter Ultra? Still undecided since Peter is unsportingly refusing to come!  Hope the achilles settles before the weekend.

29/10/2012 at 20:36

Well done TP and dude - sounds really challenging.

Hope your cold is better by the weekend ffb, and that your achilles is better too Mrs Mac.

Pilates class for me this evening.

29/10/2012 at 20:47

Elspeth, think I'll have to wait and see how the achilles responds to the weekend before I enter another one

29/10/2012 at 22:24

OK, so final stage of attempt to stave off the cold: bath done and drinking a toddy just now then off to bed for some restorative sleep.

30/10/2012 at 05:57

Morning

4M easy today. Mild, dry, noisy with dawn chorus in full cry

30/10/2012 at 07:00

morning BM

quick turbo session this morning, no pain no gain.

hope you've staved off the cold FFB! I only have mild symptoms now which aren't stopping me

Lol TP, no offence meant... I actually love reading your reports!!

30/10/2012 at 07:32

morning all. thanks alison and mrs mac

even on my rare days off I can't run/train with the lark like you chaps. envious.

i hope all the various sniffles, sneezes and colds start to clear up soon. hope the toddy worked FFB

no run for me. i'll walk to town and watch james bond

30/10/2012 at 07:51

Morning all, well hope I am not tempting fate or speaking to soon, but I think I am fighting the good fight Symptoms certainly no worse today and so far i think may be slightly improved.

30/10/2012 at 08:00

hurrah

30/10/2012 at 10:19

Thats good news FFB.

Hope the achilles eases off soon Mrs Mac.

Lol UTC, no offence taken - I could write a much much longer report, but thought I had better leave it at that .

Off for a slow walk to stretch the legs, muscles really quite stiff today.

I have to say I am tempted by this Winter ultra, but I dont know whether that might be pushing it a bit, I have done quite a lot this year and parts of Jedburgh were a real struggle (probably would have been anyway, but also have accumulated tiredness in the legs I think). Also the weather kinda puts me off....ie might not get there if it snows ......Hmmmmm, have to think about this more....

30/10/2012 at 10:37

Morning,

I think my Jedburgh report could be summed up in one word:

"Meh..."

Started OK, fizzled out from halfway onwards.  Was passed by all the people I'd ran with for a bit, but decided they weren't fast enough.  1.51.  I was hoping this would finally be the 1.45.

So - a few long runs over the Winter, in a more structured way.  No halves until Alloa.  Maybe Brampton to Carlisle if its still open and I can be arsed. 

TP and Dude - your races sound...erm....fun.  10 hours!  I can't imagine running for that long.  Well done, both of you.

Right, I should do some work.  Have lovely days.  Do something spooky.

30/10/2012 at 11:40

hi ian. well done! that sounds pretty good to me. sorry you didn't hit your target. 'some days you eat the bar, and some days the bar eats you...'

that's the spirit. enjoy your winter races. might join you at brampton. good event.

feeling ok today. thinking about the winter ultra.

30/10/2012 at 12:37

TP winter marathon tempting, but need to suss accommodation options. There is not a lot there especially out of season. Also wondering about weather: you can run in pretty much anything, but if the roads are bad it could be difficult getting there or back.

30/10/2012 at 12:45

FFB - my thoughts exacty re. the roads - dont fancy getting snowed in at Kinlochleven, or Tyndrum for that matter ! Last winter was not too bad, but if we get a repeat of the previous two......!

Ian - well done, good time. Quite a hill at the end of the Half I seem to remember from when I did it a few years ago.

Spooky? I had enough of that stumbling through the forest in the dark on Sunday thanks !

30/10/2012 at 13:38

Ian - well done, sounds fast to me!

My main problem with winter ultra is getting back to Kinlochleven afterwards or onwards to somewhere else I can get back to Orkney from on the Monday afterwards. And guess getting there at all could be tough if weather is bad. But after staying at home this weekend then it didn't turn out so bad should maybe just go for it. Can't decide!

Twelve gray damp miles for me today.

Ultra tri - glad you feel better.

30/10/2012 at 17:12
elspeth fay wrote (see)

Mrs Mac - are you still doing the Winter Ultra? Still undecided since Peter is unsportingly refusing to come!  Hope the achilles settles before the weekend.

Actually have no holiday left for 2012, regardless of my wishes to come or not.
Just 3 wet dark miles for me this afternoon

30/10/2012 at 19:46

Sounds like a great run BM

Good news on the cold ffb

The Winter Ultra is tempting but I'll need to wait and see. The year we did it the weather for getting to/from was fine but plenty of snow on the route Remember slithering down the Devil's staircase Elspeth? Oh what fun

Did a wee circuit tonight and already feeling it

31/10/2012 at 06:18

Morning

A 3M easy for me, suddenly got  a cold and feel kinda  lethargic.

Tri:  A belated 'morning for yesterday and Morning for today...

MrsMac: Sometimes like today there was no dawn chorus.But yesterday teh birds were really noisy.

FFB: Glad you're getting over cold.

31/10/2012 at 06:59

morning BM

interview this afternoon so half day at work...

after interview will head home and get a session in of some sort before climbing tonight.

my chest is finally lifting, happy days!!

FFB hope you're feeling ok, TP hope the legs are recovering

wish me luck!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.