Scottish Runners

29,561 to 29,580 of 33,657 messages
30/10/2012 at 10:19

Thats good news FFB.

Hope the achilles eases off soon Mrs Mac.

Lol UTC, no offence taken - I could write a much much longer report, but thought I had better leave it at that .

Off for a slow walk to stretch the legs, muscles really quite stiff today.

I have to say I am tempted by this Winter ultra, but I dont know whether that might be pushing it a bit, I have done quite a lot this year and parts of Jedburgh were a real struggle (probably would have been anyway, but also have accumulated tiredness in the legs I think). Also the weather kinda puts me off....ie might not get there if it snows ......Hmmmmm, have to think about this more....

30/10/2012 at 10:37

Morning,

I think my Jedburgh report could be summed up in one word:

"Meh..."

Started OK, fizzled out from halfway onwards.  Was passed by all the people I'd ran with for a bit, but decided they weren't fast enough.  1.51.  I was hoping this would finally be the 1.45.

So - a few long runs over the Winter, in a more structured way.  No halves until Alloa.  Maybe Brampton to Carlisle if its still open and I can be arsed. 

TP and Dude - your races sound...erm....fun.  10 hours!  I can't imagine running for that long.  Well done, both of you.

Right, I should do some work.  Have lovely days.  Do something spooky.

30/10/2012 at 11:40

hi ian. well done! that sounds pretty good to me. sorry you didn't hit your target. 'some days you eat the bar, and some days the bar eats you...'

that's the spirit. enjoy your winter races. might join you at brampton. good event.

feeling ok today. thinking about the winter ultra.

30/10/2012 at 12:37

TP winter marathon tempting, but need to suss accommodation options. There is not a lot there especially out of season. Also wondering about weather: you can run in pretty much anything, but if the roads are bad it could be difficult getting there or back.

30/10/2012 at 12:45

FFB - my thoughts exacty re. the roads - dont fancy getting snowed in at Kinlochleven, or Tyndrum for that matter ! Last winter was not too bad, but if we get a repeat of the previous two......!

Ian - well done, good time. Quite a hill at the end of the Half I seem to remember from when I did it a few years ago.

Spooky? I had enough of that stumbling through the forest in the dark on Sunday thanks !

30/10/2012 at 13:38

Ian - well done, sounds fast to me!

My main problem with winter ultra is getting back to Kinlochleven afterwards or onwards to somewhere else I can get back to Orkney from on the Monday afterwards. And guess getting there at all could be tough if weather is bad. But after staying at home this weekend then it didn't turn out so bad should maybe just go for it. Can't decide!

Twelve gray damp miles for me today.

Ultra tri - glad you feel better.

30/10/2012 at 17:12
elspeth fay wrote (see)

Mrs Mac - are you still doing the Winter Ultra? Still undecided since Peter is unsportingly refusing to come!  Hope the achilles settles before the weekend.

Actually have no holiday left for 2012, regardless of my wishes to come or not.
Just 3 wet dark miles for me this afternoon

30/10/2012 at 19:46

Sounds like a great run BM

Good news on the cold ffb

The Winter Ultra is tempting but I'll need to wait and see. The year we did it the weather for getting to/from was fine but plenty of snow on the route Remember slithering down the Devil's staircase Elspeth? Oh what fun

Did a wee circuit tonight and already feeling it

31/10/2012 at 06:18

Morning

A 3M easy for me, suddenly got  a cold and feel kinda  lethargic.

Tri:  A belated 'morning for yesterday and Morning for today...

MrsMac: Sometimes like today there was no dawn chorus.But yesterday teh birds were really noisy.

FFB: Glad you're getting over cold.

31/10/2012 at 06:59

morning BM

interview this afternoon so half day at work...

after interview will head home and get a session in of some sort before climbing tonight.

my chest is finally lifting, happy days!!

FFB hope you're feeling ok, TP hope the legs are recovering

wish me luck!!

31/10/2012 at 08:38

Morning all. No training again yesterday just to make sure that I have kicked the cold. Pretty sure it is kicked . I am now in that state where my body is crying out to exercise but I have Glen Ogle on Sat so should be resting ....... maybe a we turn on the spin bike later .....

31/10/2012 at 10:10

Good luck in the interview Tri.

R.E.S.T. FFB ....although a wee jaunt on the exercise bike will do you no harm I am sure .

Happy Halloween everyone........

31/10/2012 at 11:07

Hi all. congrats on the cold FFB.

thanks to my niece I am sipping tea from a spooky halloween mug

i might go for a swim..

31/10/2012 at 19:49

Hope the interview went well UTC?

Good news ffb. You should be raring to go by Saturday

Wee run tonight to try and iron out my hamstrings. They were in a knot after my circuit last night, too many lunges methinks Forecast looks cold but dry for Glen Ogle

31/10/2012 at 21:20

UTC and ffb - glad you're feeling better. Hope the interview went well UTC.

Had a late meeting at work today, so didn't run. OK, as I'm tpaering for the Templeton 10 on Sunday.

31/10/2012 at 22:50

Nice wee Halloween run with friends, in costume, near Grantown on Spey tonight followed by fine beer and pies at a pub famous for... beer and pies.

Also managed to sneak a quick daylight run in after a meeting in Dingwall. Sadly I'll rarely get out before 5 in the rest of the winter.

01/11/2012 at 03:58

Templeton 10. Great event. very sorry not to be running this year. hope the sun shines bright again and you have a good run alison.

01/11/2012 at 05:56

Morning

4M Fartlek on a morning with smiry rain up. Booked tickets forJanuarys indoor athletics yesterday. nerw indoor arena in Glasgow .

Morning Tri:Glad your 'chest is finally lifting'... Hope your interview went well yesterday.

Centre of Glasgow had lots of people dressed up and out for their Haloween during the day yesterday  Eh !

Edited: 01/11/2012 at 05:56
01/11/2012 at 07:13

morning BM

climbing last night, good fun, and kept us away from any potential "trick-or-treaters"...

interview went well thanks but was unsuccessful... gutted.

last night on way home from climbing, noticed discomfort again like I had with the sciatica... and this morning it seems to be worse. Hoping it doesnt come to anything. Seem to be falling apart at the moment

01/11/2012 at 07:55

Morning all. The desire to train waned yesterday after a very busy day. At least I will be well rested for Saturday. Off to supermarket this evening to stock up with my provisions

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.