Scottish Runners

29,581 to 29,600 of 33,210 messages
31/10/2012 at 08:38

Morning all. No training again yesterday just to make sure that I have kicked the cold. Pretty sure it is kicked . I am now in that state where my body is crying out to exercise but I have Glen Ogle on Sat so should be resting ....... maybe a we turn on the spin bike later .....

31/10/2012 at 10:10

Good luck in the interview Tri.

R.E.S.T. FFB ....although a wee jaunt on the exercise bike will do you no harm I am sure .

Happy Halloween everyone........

31/10/2012 at 11:07

Hi all. congrats on the cold FFB.

thanks to my niece I am sipping tea from a spooky halloween mug

i might go for a swim..

31/10/2012 at 19:49

Hope the interview went well UTC?

Good news ffb. You should be raring to go by Saturday

Wee run tonight to try and iron out my hamstrings. They were in a knot after my circuit last night, too many lunges methinks Forecast looks cold but dry for Glen Ogle

31/10/2012 at 21:20

UTC and ffb - glad you're feeling better. Hope the interview went well UTC.

Had a late meeting at work today, so didn't run. OK, as I'm tpaering for the Templeton 10 on Sunday.

31/10/2012 at 22:50

Nice wee Halloween run with friends, in costume, near Grantown on Spey tonight followed by fine beer and pies at a pub famous for... beer and pies.

Also managed to sneak a quick daylight run in after a meeting in Dingwall. Sadly I'll rarely get out before 5 in the rest of the winter.

01/11/2012 at 03:58

Templeton 10. Great event. very sorry not to be running this year. hope the sun shines bright again and you have a good run alison.

01/11/2012 at 05:56

Morning

4M Fartlek on a morning with smiry rain up. Booked tickets forJanuarys indoor athletics yesterday. nerw indoor arena in Glasgow .

Morning Tri:Glad your 'chest is finally lifting'... Hope your interview went well yesterday.

Centre of Glasgow had lots of people dressed up and out for their Haloween during the day yesterday  Eh !

Edited: 01/11/2012 at 05:56
01/11/2012 at 07:13

morning BM

climbing last night, good fun, and kept us away from any potential "trick-or-treaters"...

interview went well thanks but was unsuccessful... gutted.

last night on way home from climbing, noticed discomfort again like I had with the sciatica... and this morning it seems to be worse. Hoping it doesnt come to anything. Seem to be falling apart at the moment

01/11/2012 at 07:55

Morning all. The desire to train waned yesterday after a very busy day. At least I will be well rested for Saturday. Off to supermarket this evening to stock up with my provisions

01/11/2012 at 11:19

Morning everyone. Looking for a bit of advice. Was thinking of doing the Cape Wrath 10k or HM in May. However I am a novice at the old running game and dont want to make an idiot of myself. I managed to do the Edinburgh BUPA 10k in 53mins and have entered a half kilomathon in March and half marathon in April (both Edinburgh). Currently running 30 miles per week. Has anyone done the Cape Wrath and do you think I would be able to cope with the course? Cheers in advance!

01/11/2012 at 11:25

Hi Grant

I haven't made it up to Cape Wrath yet but I am going to stick my neck out and say that you will almost certainly not make an idiot of yourself. that sounds like a good steady mileage and a sensible training schedule.

I'd enter and see how your April races go. I confidently predict you will have a blast. i'm envious

01/11/2012 at 11:39

Cheers for that. We often holiday up that way, so would love to do that and attempt either the 10k or the HM. Think I will do it!

01/11/2012 at 11:57

good man.

01/11/2012 at 12:35

WHW entry in

01/11/2012 at 12:53

Grant, I have done Cape Wrath a couple of times. It a long way to go for a half/10k, unless of course you live up north. You will definitely not make a fool of yourself. I have done the half, and it is a good course which undulates steadily to about 10 miles and then the last 3 miles has some killer hills. It has a very mixed field and a lot of folks take is easy especially of they are doing the full week.

Wow, good going Dude. They already told me they would probably knock me back so I have not bothered. That is how I ended up entering the antarctic marathon & ultra, which to be honest is going to be a much bigger and harder challenge. I might try for WHW in 2014, assuming that events during 2013 count as qualifiers/suitable experience.

01/11/2012 at 13:13

Hiya FFB - I imagine they will knock me back too *fingers crossed but I figure I will never have a better chance.

The antarctic marathon/ultra sounds unreal. much harder, in my view. such a great challenge. respect due.

01/11/2012 at 13:28

Cheers FFB, would probably make a wee break of it as we love that part of the world. Will most likely go for it though, sounds tough but good fun, thanks again

01/11/2012 at 13:29

Afternoon all

Had a nice recovery run this morning, took things very slowly but all seems in working order again .

Good luck with the WHW entry Dude .

I was looking at that site a few weeks ago actually - what a convoluted entry process they have ! I have the qualifying races under my belt, but not sure I could be arsed with all the lottery 'he gets in, she gets in, then these others might get in, then if we have any places left and you were born when there was an 'r' in the month you might get in' . What a palaver!!! Must be a simpler way these days.....I think this system harks back to the days when not that many folk ran ultras and they all knew each other .

Grant - totally agree with the others re. Cape Wrath. Have done the complete week 3 times - it is fantastic, and you will not be alone with the 50mins+ 10k times - yes there are some very good speedy runners at the front, but also plenty of company at the back .

UTC - (((( )))))) for you. Sorry to hear about the interview.

FFB - yep, I think you can safely say going to the Antarctic has the potential to be much more life-threatening than the WHW !!! Whilst you could easily get hypothermia on both........in the Antarctic the frost build-up as you run could just freeze you to death !!!! Actually, why are you doing this again?!!!!!  You are totally off your nut .

01/11/2012 at 13:46

yes, i thought that page was very long-winded too ... am still dithering about what to do race-wise but given both the 'big' races are ballot I think I'd better enter both and if nec withdraw from WHW nearer time if it seems OTT!

Blasted nasty cold lurking in lungs and chest, so just when I thought I'd get back to post-school holiday running - bah, so now into third unproductive week of running. Sigh ... and it's just soooo gorgeous out there today too. Never mind, focus on banishing cold and return next week to running hopefully ...

That sounds a fun run 57.5, esp the pint and pie afterwards (well maybe not the pint but definitely the pie!).

Hope you get these conditions for Glen Ogle, my favourite running weather.

Antarctic sounds awesome though ...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.