Scottish Runners

29,621 to 29,640 of 33,315 messages
02/11/2012 at 15:45

Hi folks,

Thank you for the comments on Jedburgh.  In the end, I was just pleased to finish.  Not doing another one for a while.

Good luck everyone this weekend - lots of races going on, it seems.  I've signed up for a relay, but not cross country this time, thankfully. 

UTC - Have you seen a physio for the sciatica?  I went to one at Achilles Heel.  I still get it sometimes, but I do think it helped.

Have good weekend, folks.

02/11/2012 at 17:28

evening,

just back from a swim which seems to have helped a fair bit.

IJ, our physio base is about 20 feet from the treatment area at work so I have spoken to them. Kind of feel paying £20+ when I have them on my doorstep (even if they are sport specific types) is a bit... Im reluctant to pay out if not needed. I am however thinking of booking a sports massage, to see if that helps.

I wont be doing the Bella 4k XC now by the looks of things (and I think entry is now closed). Just going to take things easy and build base fitness again over next couple of months... disappointing but these things happen!!

02/11/2012 at 17:35

Oh dear - I'm still at work.I'v ewritten a list for GO kit to pack, and bougght some crisps. Hopefully my OH has followed instructions and stocked up on flapjacks, chocolate milk, etc.

I'm getting driven up there in the morning, so can change my mind about clothing at a late stage, but I'm hoping that Gloves and arm warmers will stop my fingers dropping off. Need to re-check forecast.

Arghh- I'm not ready for this at all.

02/11/2012 at 18:29

Good luck to the Glen Oglers. Hope you're away from work by now tricia.

02/11/2012 at 22:14
In strathyre via a stop at mhor fish in Callander, yum. Went to pub and registered. Drop bags packed and labelled. Will decide on kit in morning. B&B owner getting up early to do breakfast so appear to be ready. Taking small camera as the views are said to be amazing, so will be stopping to take photos another runner staying here: she is over from minnisota
03/11/2012 at 09:29

Hi all

Just checking in to say i'm still here - have you missed me?

Training is very erratic as work is taking over.  Need to get out and run.

03/11/2012 at 16:27

Hope everyone has had good runs today.

Welcome back Kirsty .

UTC - you will get your mojo back soon, just need to get rid of a few niggles you have picked up this year, then you will be back on form I am sure .

Anyone doing the Southside Six tommorrow? The signs and route markings are all now out, so hopefully they will still be there tommorrow .

Rest day for me today, well, apart from I decided to have big community clean up this morning, and got set to work with shovel and broom cleaning all the footpaths round about - the council scoured this place during the 'lympics but now seem to have used up all their money and abandoned us , so I decided to clear up the mountains of leaves and rubbish before some old granny comes a cropper . I reported some dumped carpets about 3.5wks ago but they still havent been to collect them - unfortunately they were too soaked and heavy for me to lift, else I would have put them in the bins , very annoying......

Will probably do a run tommorrow, attempting to avoid the Six course , although I could just get up early and follow their route markings before the race starts .

03/11/2012 at 16:56
Glen ogle completed a steady effort in 6hrs 54. Saw triviality briefly. She went on ahead and I hooked up with old friend and bum led along for the rest race. Cold but mainly dry. Some long hills. Stunning views and well marshalled. Report tomorrow when we get back.
Welcome back kirsty
03/11/2012 at 17:26

Hi ffb- your predictive text is interesting.....maybe I should change my name- I also just sat herer ttrying to work out what yuo meant by "bum led" along. lol.

I had a good day- finished about 6:07- simialr to last year, despite a lightly longer course. now warm, clean, and mildy pissed, after a couple of beers- we met an old friend at the inn after, which was good.

I really enjoy this race- enough variation in terrain to avoid getting too sore from constans up or down- hill. THe views are great, and the race is just so friendly.

So. next year then?

03/11/2012 at 17:45

Well done FFB and Triviality  , I have to admit to feeling very envious after last year and was thinking about it as I plodded round my slightly (very) shorter run this morning. Wonder if I'll ever be fit for an ultra again!? It is indeed a lovely course.

Wonder how Mrs Mac got on?

Good luck anyone doing SSS tomorrow. Sounds like a plan TP to sneak out and do it early!

03/11/2012 at 20:15

Well done FFB and TriciaL . LOL at Tricia's 'new' name .

Elspeth - you have finished a marathon this year, so never say never on the ultra front .

Hmmmm, the SSS starts at 11am so I would need to get up early enough to get a good head start and not be passed by the speedier people at the front......how embrassing .

03/11/2012 at 20:34
Els's predictive txts are often amusing
Els has not only done a marathon this year but the "world's toughest road marathon" so it says on the t-shirt!
03/11/2012 at 21:29
Damned predictive text. Well done tricialitt. I too am mildly pissed now.
04/11/2012 at 08:12

Morning

Kirsty, You not been on then lately ? 

Busy Saturday yesterday.

Miss B and younger son  went with their cousins went to see latest James Bond movie at Xscape to taxied them home at 11:30 last night.

Morning Tri

TP: Thats  a big 'good for you' re clearing up leaves.

Edited: 04/11/2012 at 08:16
04/11/2012 at 09:09

Well done ffb and tricia.

Heading out for the Templeton 10 soon. Good luck to anyone doing the Southside 6.

04/11/2012 at 17:00

Well done Tricia & ffb, it was stunning out there yesterday wasn't it? I had a great run, finished in around 5.12 ish - a bit slower than last year but I felt I ran it much better

Hope Templeton 10 was good fun Alison?

Elspeth, of course you'll do another Ultra! Get yourself signed up for the Fling, give you something to aim for

04/11/2012 at 17:59

Today I am mildly pissed. Without a race as an excuse sadly.

Wonderful running in the Oban area for me this weekend courtesy of my friends in the Edinburgh Hash House Harriers. 11.5 miles on the island of Lismore yesterday with great views of Morvern and Mull (and only slightly spoiled by a hypothermic wait for the ferry back to the mainland) then 8 miles in the hills south of Oban today.

I don't think you missed much in Inverness yesterday cragchick. Even our club don't like our course.

Did you get good pictures ffb? it was a bit dreich when I biked that route but the views are amazing.

Welcome back Kirsty. Hope Runningbhoy is getting along to Wednesday's game.

04/11/2012 at 18:47

Really enjoyed the Templeton 10. Weather was perfect. finished in 87: 40 something, which is about a minute faster than my Arbroath time in March, so very happy.

Welcome back Kirsty.

04/11/2012 at 19:26

Well done Alison, fast time there.

Mrs Mac - nice running, was it as nice a day as last year. I'm very jealous! Hope you had a cake for me in that cafe afterwards!

05/11/2012 at 06:00

Morning from a cold and frosty Erskine.

Mornnig Tri

5M Fartlek done ,hard.

Edited: 05/11/2012 at 06:01
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.