Scottish Runners

29,661 to 29,680 of 33,198 messages
06/11/2012 at 12:05

Cheers Dude, will take a look at them.

06/11/2012 at 17:43

Great report FFB - felt like I was back thereIt is a lovely course. Sounds like the sorted out the navigation too, a few folk got lost last year. Btw I want to stay in your B&B nexty year!

Longish run yesterday in variable weather then locked myself out in my running gear so froze! Feel a bit stiff today.

06/11/2012 at 18:47

Great report ffb 

Probably the extra time out in the cold would make you stiffen up Elspeth?!

Had a nice wee 5 mile trot tonight and t he legs felt great

06/11/2012 at 21:07

evening

cracking swim tonight... really good session and good to be back to the burning shoulders and face... really good for a 1st proper swim session back since the triathlons have finished... bf even said I was swimming better than him doubt that somehow but good to know that relatively speaking I was doing pretty well. Felt good especially as Ive not had much luck lately. I have barely thought about any pain/discomfort all day as its so much better and only feel it if I really stretch around my hip area. Still, will keep being careful for the rest of the week just to be sure I dont go backwards/increase too quickly.

MrsMac.. back running already??  Well done!!

Grant, yes Alloa is a nice one.

Need to drop into the docs on the way to work tomorrow so need to leave early (nothing to worry about!).... bf is going for club run, I'll be turbo/gym-ing and after tonnight's success maybe a wee swim

06/11/2012 at 21:19

Great report ffb. Glad you're feeling better UTC - quite right to take things carefully.

Grant - I recommend the Loch Leven half - I've done it twice. Very scenic, and well-organised and friendly.

Just a slow 3 miles run for me this evening.

06/11/2012 at 23:45

Great report ffb.

Night off from running for me (in time for the mild weather ). Drove down to Bishopbriggs where I saw no less than 9 people running in a matter of minutes, and 2 runners waiting at a pedestrian crossing. Never thought this place was so healthy!?

07/11/2012 at 05:59

Morning

5M Steady. Dry, mild, bit of  a breeze blowing, leaves crunching underfoot.

Morning Tri: Sounds like you're on the road back.

57.5: Good runner spotting.

MrsMac: This running is a bit addictive

07/11/2012 at 06:50

morning BM

looking forward to session tonight, feeling much better!

57.5, I've seen a lot more runners and cyclists out lately! (No bad thing eh!).

Best get moving as I need to leave early.

07/11/2012 at 07:52

Morning all. Glad you are feeling better UTC.

Well impressed you are running agin Mrs Mac. My legs are trashed  No stretching  Looks like I am going to be taking the full week off, although hopefully get on the bike at the weekend. I am a bit worried about coming back from Antarctica next year. We fly back to Chile day after the 100k, which is 4.5 hr flight, then back to UK probably next day which is long haul. I will probably need a wheelchair  Am adding compression kit to my sponsor list.

07/11/2012 at 10:20

Morning

Drizzly here but will go out for a short run later. Nearly boiled yesterday running in my winter clothes .

UTC - good to hear you feel better.

Mrs Mac - good recovery.

Grant - another positive from me for Alloa Half.

FFB - I'm sure you will also be adding insurance on those return flights in case they don't go ...... it doesnt leave much window for bad weather delays . Compression socks equal very very useful....compression tops equal feeling like someone is crushing the air out of your lungs !

07/11/2012 at 12:55

LOL TP. I will defintielt use comrpession socks or even tights, but yes, I know what you mean about compressions tops. The flights will need to be flexible for the return in case we are delayed getting out of chile at the start or delayed getting back to chile. I am hoping to get a travel company or airline to sponsor my travel.

07/11/2012 at 17:49

FFB - you have probably thought about this already - but, what about Barrhead Travel up in Giffnock, they are local to you, you would be great advertising material for them, and you could get a feature in the Extra 'Southsider Embarks on Epic Trip for Charity' etc (I know that all sounds a bit low key, but sometimes the 'local' card can be worth more than going for the big boys) .

Well, I wouldnt have gone out of my way to buy a compression top, BUT, my pal down in Nottinghamshire has access to an Aldi, and they were doing specials on compression gear, mostly for cycling - she got me the leggings and top cycling kit really cheaply. OMG!!!!! No way I could wear the top cycling or doing anything else !!!

I've been using Under Armour compression tights for the past few weeks (and for Jedburgh) and they are really really good .

07/11/2012 at 19:25

Nice UTC, sounds like a good session

I agree, yes to lower body compression gear but a big NO to upper body stuff  Hubby always wears full body compression after a race

ffb, I put the recovery down to either not trying hard enough or dancing with the kids at the party on Saturday night!

Any of you ladies planning on Smokies 10? I posted my entry yesterday

Did an indoor 'triathlon' tonight. 5K run, 2K rowing and 5K bike. Phew, was blowing big-style

07/11/2012 at 19:33

Mrs Mac - I've entered the Smokies 10 - really enjoyed it tihs year - have you done it before? Good idea to enter early - last year I tried to enter on New Years Day and it was already full.

Slightly longer run tonight. Planning day off running tomorrow - going out for dinner. On-call at weekend, but should manage to fit in a couple of runs.

07/11/2012 at 19:55

I have Alison, I live in Arbroath so it would be rude not to I missed out this year due to dithering so I made sure I got it posted early. Cracking wee race

07/11/2012 at 21:42

Think Arbroath might be the same weekend I'm down for TP100.

Anyone else in Europe mightly relieved Obama is back for a 3rd term . Didnt fancy 3rdWW Mittens much .

Reminds me of a Nancy Griffiths song - 'they wont give you a name when you ride the big airplane - all you will be is 'De-portee''.

I have many friends in America - thank god they are democratic for another 4 years .

07/11/2012 at 22:04

And more Nancy:

'Its a hard life, its a hard life, its a hard life wherever you go - and if we poison our children with hatred then a hard life is all they will know'.

'I am a back seat driver from America, and I drive on the wrong side of the road, I am guilty, I am the root of all evil.....and if we poison our children with hatred then a hard life is all they will know'.

Applies everywhere I reckon .....

08/11/2012 at 06:08

Morning you lot

5M Fartlek, cold, smiry rain, bit windy

TP: Thats a few good quotes from Nancy.

TrI: Morning, have noticed more cyclists lately. I can't say same for having noticed more runners.

FFB: All the best with your big adventure.

08/11/2012 at 07:49

morning BM

doesnt look too bad out

turbo and swim tonight

hope Bradley Wiggins is ok after his accident!!

TP, like those quotes too

08/11/2012 at 08:47

Hi TP - yes, Barrhead Travel is on my hitlist, but I thought I would give my friend's brother first 'dibs': he is a partner in Kenneth McLeod Travel. I will be going for any media coverage whatsoever, and local is always a winner and often gets more response than national.

I love under armour kit. I have not tried their comrpession stuff though. I am hoping that I don't have to buy any of my kit and that I can blag it for free from manufacturers or suppliers

What happened to Wiggo??? FFB goes off to look at news

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.