Scottish Runners

29,681 to 29,700 of 33,449 messages
08/11/2012 at 12:11

FFB - good plan .

Yeah, just seen about Wiggo on the news ....he was quite lucky, it could have been a lot worse . Wasnt there a Scottish cyclist killed up in Fort Willie in similar circumstances? (van pulled out of side road and swiped him ).

I have just downloaded some free software supposedly to make Internet Explorer more efficient.....and its blinking slower!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

08/11/2012 at 16:33
TP google chrome or Firefox are your friends
08/11/2012 at 18:47

Yeah I think I should probably get Firefox. Computer was playing up today because I hadnt noticed the battery had almost ran out and the lead didnt seem to be connecting properly, even though it was pushed in, so it suddenly went all 'black screen of death on me' . Its still really slow on email.......

08/11/2012 at 20:17

i thought the war crimes tribunal at The Hague had outlawed internet explorer?!!

08/11/2012 at 21:02

Maybe thats why mine doesnt work properly .

The reason I started messing about with the settings in the first place was cos google said it wasnt being supported for much longer ......

08/11/2012 at 21:26

Good day yesterday, enjoyed the result in the US election, though I was not organised enough to vote. Funnily enough though in the 10 years I lived there only a few months were not spent under Republican presidents, so I'll stick around Scotland another 4 years I guess . Then I spent the day at an interesting meeting in Edinburgh before racing back to get to the Celtic game. Even managed to get some running miles in from Queen St to Celtic Park and back. Amazing game!

09/11/2012 at 06:10

Morning from a dreich Erskine

4 easy miles.

MissB has an accordian concert tonight, so we're going to see her play.

Morning Tri.

09/11/2012 at 06:50

morning

dreich indeed.

last study day today so should be home early enough to fit a turbo session in before friends birthday night out.

09/11/2012 at 08:33

hints of blue skies here but pretty breezy. Off for some kind of exploration from Dava I think - will be much bog leaping involved and possibly not much running! School run to do first though ...

09/11/2012 at 10:30

Computer being a pain - looks like I might be buying myself a new laptop for christmas .... not what I need after spending so much on the car the other week .

57.5 - yes indeed a great result for Celtic .

Running for me today too, then a haircut before I turn into a shaggy beast !!!

09/11/2012 at 13:29

Shaggy beast - LOL

We had no internet for four days this week and then it magically reappeared thankfully - no extra cost involved! Hope you get off lightly ...

12 miles just done for me - a fair bit of yomping in between the running, the wind was trying to blow me back UP the hills as I descended, and the running was doing a great job of clearing the post-cold debris!!!!! Lovely day apart from the breeze though, with just sheep and grouse to talk to AND my feet stayed mainly dry somehow ... do need to get some of those debris gaiter thingys though - so much heather bits and general grit in round the ankles. Serves me right for leaving the path and wading through waist high heather I guess!  So a nice back-to-back I guess as I did 10 yesterday ... maybe thats why I felt a bit trashed today?

Edited: 09/11/2012 at 13:29
09/11/2012 at 15:52

Sounds a nice run Cragchick .

I had a good run through the woods in Pollok Park, slightly different to my usual route, as I was getting a bit bored with the same old. It was nice and leaf-tastic and not too muddy, even though there were huge pools of water on the tarmac footpath areas, and the river is set to bursting . So, 10.4m for me today .

There was a small article about Southside Six in this weeks Extra - some good photos of runners slogging it out up the steps in Bellahouston Park . I ran up the big hill in Queens Park today too - thus crossing the finishing line for SSS that is still chalked on the ground ....that is one nasty place to put a finish !!! Bet there were some weary legs after that race!!

Yes, computer has decided it wants to play again this afternoon , there is something strange going on with the power unit, so I have copied all my work files on to USB's just in case it goes kapput at any minute!

Anyone racing this weekend?

09/11/2012 at 16:26

hi everyone.

ive come on holiday. to blackpool. in november.

going for a run along the beach

09/11/2012 at 18:24

Happy holidays dude, bet the beach is lovely right now.

Sounds like my kind of run cragchick, though my heather hopping on Clava Moor the other week left the shoes wet for days.

Hoping to run the Glen Moray 10 miler tomorrow, though I have a lingering cold. If I can get there in time after parkrun directing and a swift 45 mile journey to Elgin.

09/11/2012 at 19:46

Enjoy your night out UTC

Happy hols indeed dude

Sounds like a great run cragchick! The Dirty Girl gaiters are fab.

Yay to the computer deciding to work TP Nice running too.

Is that a road race 57.5? Good luck

Very tired today after a rubbish night sleep/splitting headache so was chuffed that I squeezed in a swift 4 miler before tea Was meant to be going to stay with a friend in Arrochar tomorrow night but her oil tank has sprung a leak so its been cancelled

09/11/2012 at 20:11

Good running cragchick.

Enjoy your holiday, and beach running dude - I guesss the beach won't be too crowded!

Nice 4 mile run this evening. 

09/11/2012 at 22:01

57.5, I was entered into the 10-miler too, but that was before hubby informed he was not home at all this weekend, so I downgraded to the 10km in hope I could sort childcare but not to be ... so yet another missed race - sigh  Hence I was determined to get a decent lung-buster in today.  Good luck, is meant to be a speedy course if weather is right!

Blackpool in November ... no crowds I guess

Ouchy to headache ... hope it has been banished. Yes, have been eyeing up the Dirty Girl ones - in fact off to order now ... oooh the excitement on a Friday night!

10/11/2012 at 07:06

Morning

Not long walked Geordie. New shower out of commision till7pm tonight !

Going too for  a badly needed haircut at 9am.

Lots to catch up on

Morning Tri.

10/11/2012 at 10:08

morning BM

Nice night last night. No alcohol for me though.

Off for a sports massage this morning then off to climbing as bf is away to Tinto for the hill race.

Enjoy Blackpool Dude.

Nice running going on. Looking forward to running again Monday. Feeling much better and glad to be getting back into things! Just a shame Ive had to miss a couple of XC races and the 10k at Bella this weekend

10/11/2012 at 12:04

Thats a shame cragchick, how rude of hubby to be away

Maybe asked this before but is Geordie a running dog BM? I have to use Alfie more as a 'warm-down' companion

Enjoy the climbing UTC, Monday will be here before you know it! (that was meant to cheer you up but sounds more depressing to me?!!)

Got dropped off by hubby on his way to work and ran home this morning on the cycle path. Miscalculated though and did 12 instead of 10 Felt good, ran the last 6 miles at 8 min/mile so must be fully recovered Going to Glasgow instead tonight so the girly catchup is back on.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.