Scottish Runners

29,701 to 29,720 of 33,525 messages
10/12/2012 at 19:51

Enjoy your time away Mrs Mac - always nice to run somewhere different.

Hope you enjoyed badminton and the pub longbow. I went to my Pilates class this evening, but hope it won't be too slippy to run tomorrow. That was the last Pilates of the year.

10/12/2012 at 20:16

Well done 57.5 - sounds like my kind of medal .

Happy holidays MrsMac, hope it is good weather for you.

UTC - you are bonkers doing your Xmas shopping that weekend !!! Good Luck !!!

Well, talking of gritters, I saw one of them strange mirages in my street this afternoon, no not a bulk uplift lorry, which are still rare as hens teeth around here.....but even rarer than that in this street that time forgot - yeah, two weans in council uniforms throwing sand out the back of a lorry and gritting the pavement !!!! I had to check I wasnt seeing things....looked like they might be on community service cos I swear one of them was no older than about 14 and could barely lift the shovel, either that or GCC have started employing child labour . Anyhow, a gritted street  (can you tell I still cannot believe it?) .

Now if I join up all the streets tomorrow where children have been randomly throwing sand, I might just make a decent run out of .

No run today, I have been report writing all day and its a wonder I have managed to even whitter the above as my eyes are doolally, but I probably won't get to sleep tonight cos my brain is on *thinking* overload .

10/12/2012 at 21:02

evening

great swim tonight. technique drills and reps.

turbo and run tomorrow (am/pm whatever I can manage)....

Lol TP, I have no choice, generally always do things in one fell swoop as I hate it so much but have no other time to do it anyway... it will be hell but over very quickly

Hope the badminton was good Longbow. Did you win?

Im hoping to run tomorrow too Alison, fingers xd although seems to be all clear here for now.

57.5 I always keep my medals and Tshirts... as a mere memento.

Dinner time, Im starving!!!

10/12/2012 at 22:17

didn't win the badminton but the visit to the pub soon helped me get over my disappointment

11/12/2012 at 06:00

Morning you lot

Couldn't get logged on yesterday morning. then went shopping for pressies at Braehead last night. Cold and very frosty out this morning

Morning Tri

Need to catch up now,

11/12/2012 at 06:46

morning BM, hope the pressie shopping wasnt too stressful

just had a chat with bf on Skype, best get on with turbo then.

hope everyone is getting on ok up north... sounds like a lovely run CC.

hard lines on the badminton longbow

11/12/2012 at 13:18

Morning All

-4 for the run to work this morning. Chilly!

11/12/2012 at 14:58

Afternoon

-3 for my run, so not quite as bad?  (what am I saying!!!!!)

Found a roughly 3m circuit of gritted footpaths, so did a few loops of that, made a change from running to the shops and back which is what I was doing most of last week . Figure this out - absolutely freezing hands in two pairs of gloves, cold creeping up the arms......boiling hot feet . Whats that about??? Maybe I should wear my socks on my hands ?

Must have got warmer later though, it was quite pleasant in the sun .

I too like medals . I had to buy a box for them, cos they were getting a bit out of hand . Not so keen on the t-shirts, unless they are techie and fit properly, got too many cotton ones I should just chuck. Fave medals, definitely the Fling ones, my TP100 buckle, and the cut-glass 'trophy' thingy I got for doing all 3days of Jurassic CC (run through hell and back, get handed a cube of glass ). Least favourite - when you do a marathon and they give you a bog standard medal and don't even print the event / year on the ribbon!!!

CC - I hear the WHW glass trophy is very nice .

Stay warm everyone!

11/12/2012 at 20:05

Evening

Cold day all day today eh.

Tri: No it wasn't actually as Braeehad was starngely quiet ! Ya Beauty

11/12/2012 at 20:28

Birkmyre - well done at Braehead - its all a matter of timing I reckon .

11/12/2012 at 21:20

TP: Yeah sure seems that way.

12/12/2012 at 06:07

Morning from a very frosty Erskine.

Brrrrrr, cold out there. Thick frost this morning.

Morning Tri

Just got Victoria Pendletons autobiograpghy from library so gonna start reading that today

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 06:16
12/12/2012 at 07:49

Morning all. Boing. Beting a bit of an intermittent forumite at the moment. I wimed out of a run in -6 last night, -3 was pretty uncomfortable. I need to get my letters out to suppliers for my antarctic kit  I have been testing out merino products. Teko socks are amazing  Really comfortable and cosy without being too warm. Some icebreaker merino running tights are on their way. TP, have you thought of merino gloves? They also say that mitts on top of gloves is good: that's what i will have to use next year. Someone else told me that in the US, the guys that do the husky races put coins in the fingers of their gloves and that it keeps the fingers warm  Right, more catching up for me to do.

12/12/2012 at 10:54

Morning everyone

FFB - I actually had merino gloves on yesterday underneath my regular Ron hill gloves - usually they are fine, but yesterday was a bit too much - they warmed up eventually but it took most of the run and lots of arm swinging  - thats Reynauds for you .

CC - Will have a look at those Dachs gloves, cos I know you have Reynauds too .

I could wear my waterproof cycling gloves over the other two pairs, but it does get a bit ridiculous . Last year I got sealskinz running gloves and they were bloody freezing - not using them again !!! At this rate I will be able to open up a glove shop on ebay .

Hey look we have Christmas smileys !!!

Light dusting of snow here - just been out and gritted the path - off out for a run in a minute, feels warmer than yesterday. I think it might snow again soon - grey skies - .

12/12/2012 at 11:39

TP - I forgot you had Reynauds. Tell you what, I will see if I can score some Antarctic spares from my kit sponsors once i get them on board

12/12/2012 at 15:04

Thanks FFB - now that is definitely worthy of a double Santa .

Was actually quite toasty today in my usual gear, think it was about minus 1 when I went out and about +1 or 2 by the time I came back, as all the snow was melting. Its these minus temps combined with wind chill and rain that seem to cause the problems.

Hey - RW have auto-linked my mention of a certain internet shop above , I didnt do that.....

12/12/2012 at 18:22

Now that's put me in the Xmas spirit.

It was a weird night last night. The car thermometer said -1 (my friend's did too) yet it felt soooo cold and my hands were still ice blocks after a hard session (usually I have to take gloves off as the hands heat up with the rest of me). Nicer tonight though, and a bit of snow in the air.

12/12/2012 at 21:42

Cragchick - quick before 57.5 uses them all .

I'm getting them in the usual drop-down as the regular smileys - just scroll down .

There was a thread yesterday saying you have to re-set something if you can't get them - cannot remember what, but its around somewhere.

Uh-oh, hope the sickness bug doesnt last long !!!

13/12/2012 at 06:22

Morning need to catch up.

Some light snow out here this morning

Oh very seasonal

13/12/2012 at 07:17

morning BM...

lovely 5 miles this morning early doors yay to the christmas smillies!! Lovely and quiet although a couple of other runners out Cold but rather enjoyed it, a base layer thermal and a winter HH thermal running top with a light running jacket, gloves and headscarf and I was fine!! Good to be pushing the distance up slowly... just dont want to push too quickly!! Will run tomorrow morning too, around the same distance I think.

Portfolio to complete for uni for tomorrow so will have to go into uni after work

hope the lurgies clear up soon!! (I did see that somewhere?? Cant find it now)... and those with the Reynauds sufferers are ok too, not nice in this weather

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.