Scottish Runners

29,701 to 29,720 of 33,414 messages
10/11/2012 at 13:23

Haha i'm here for the Northern Soul weekender at the Tower Ballroom. blackpool is horrible but the ballroom is amazing!

I had intended going for a run today but my feet are sair from dancing all night. will rest up. great fun

Happy running and climbing everyone.

10/11/2012 at 15:37

I've not run all week- and out for a boozy posh nite out tonight- unlikely to be fit for anything tomorrow (scottish sports awards dinner at Hilton!).

I recovered well from Glen Ogle, and oddly one of the persistent niggles I had before hand has completely gone away- I'd had a feeling like something rubbing in my left hip- now it's OK- perhaps whatever it was rubbed itself out of existence!

Need to find a 50mile trainig plan for Glagow- Edin race- it's only about 18 weeks away, so have to get back into gear!

10/11/2012 at 15:43

Morning all. I am taking the weekend off to do Christmas and Antarctic Odyssey stuff. Thought I would take a full week off and GO and was tempted to go out earlier but managed to distract myself.

Yikes Tricialitt, is it only 18 weeks til Glasgow - Edinburgh. I was thinkinbg that I should do that as I reckon if I can do 56 in the sprint then I will be up for 26.2 + 66.2 by November. If I have the distance cracked, then I can focus on the things like -20C etc.

Blimey, no let up then.

10/11/2012 at 16:12

I just had a dreadful struggle getting registered on the site, but finally managed. Looks like that's me committed now .................. ( Ishould be!)

10/11/2012 at 16:37

Afternoon!!

FFB, I admire your dedication to this, I'd love to do something so extreme. Would love to do more hill races with bf but just not fit enough....

On a more positive note.... Brilliant climbing today!! Managed 6 new routes and got further in another couple than I have before. Feeling really good (or maybe just not distracted as bf was away). Massage was great too. She said its just muscle spasms in my mid-left back (around base of lung area) probably related to work and have accumulated over time. That with having a lot of stuff on the last few months and probably not enough stretching has just stressed my muscles a bit too far.  Going to aim for 1 a month for now at least.

Bf was racing at Tinto hill race. He came 6th. Says he was 3rd to the top (he is a better climber than descender) and got caught by a couple on the way down. Happy not to be "mudged" (beaten by Angela Mudge), although apparently it was a close call... think she's only beaten him at Jura. (not a bad achievement in my opinion!).

Right, must tidy as parents and family over for my birthday lunch tomorrow (bday is Monday) but will fit in a swim before they get here and a turbo once they go

10/11/2012 at 16:56

You sound busy UTC. Glad you had a good climbing session. Not sure it I am dedicated, insane or having a mid-life crisis

10/11/2012 at 17:44

FFB and Tricialitt - i'm pondering the Glasgow - Edin. have you done it before? what's it like? im worried it might be too monotonous.

10/11/2012 at 18:49

dude, a Northern Soul weekend? You are either showing your age or are younger and have good taste! The G2E is a well organised race and quite scenic, but you obviously have to like canal running . I enjoyed the actual act of getting from Glasgow to Edinburgh running, the accessible start and the very short stagger to the bar at the end. Negatives include a very strung out field. My secret was to have 3 willing friends who took turns to run with me from Falkirk, I also chatted to Running Bhoy for a lot of the first 13 miles and another runner for about 4 miles.

tricialitt - a 50 mile training plan? Mine was to do a lot of miles. But I did try to do at least 2 x 20-30 milers on Thursday-Sunday depending on available time to get used to that 'running on tired legs' feeling.

11/11/2012 at 07:59

Morning

Tons to catch up on

Cold and frosty one up out here in Erskine today, quite slippy underfoot when walking Geordie

MrsMac: I take him out on my easy runs. I've changed the route of them so I run them on footpaths or off road on a Saturday.

'Lest we forget' today

11/11/2012 at 08:01

Opps !

Morning Tri

Dude: Enjoy Balckpool

11/11/2012 at 09:01

morning BM

Off for a swim very shortly.

Should be a nice day with the family.

Looks lovely out

11/11/2012 at 15:52

Afternoon all

Back on the pooter briefly ......so whilst it is still working , I will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to UTC or tommorrow .

Tricia - yep I agree with 57.5 - run lots of back to backs (although mine never get up to the really big miles) and work gradually on getting your overall weekly mileage up high. 18wks is loads of time for someone who has done marathons and just come off the back of a 30+ miler at Glen Ogle . My other tip - avoid internet training plans - most of them are cr!p and either aimed at the faster runners or start with too low a mileage then suddenly you are up doing 30milers at the weekends - that is in My Most Humble Opinion of course .

Decided to 'properly' start my 100 training on Friday, so after that 10+ there, I did another 10m yesterday and I've done 30m on the bike today.

FFB - I think you should do the Fling.....because....for no other reason.....than its bloody HARD, and thats what you are gonna have to be to complete your challenge - Strength, Determination, Perserverence...... (ability to stand up in 40mph winds ) .

Mrs Mac - hope you enjoy Glasgow .

Have a good week everyone - I'm off before the computer packs in again.

11/11/2012 at 17:29

Happy birthday fpr tomorrow UTC.

12/11/2012 at 06:05

Morning

Happy Birthday Tri

12/11/2012 at 07:15

Morning BM, thanks

Lots of nice things this morning including money, shiny new bike computer, road shoes, rugby top and nice new cord trousers. Also tickets for Scotland V Ireland in Feb and entry into the Demon Run in March

Happy days.

Work now, then off to see Oscar Pistorius... then to the 78 for dinner! Fun times

Hope you get your computer sorted TP

12/11/2012 at 08:13

Happy Birthday UTC, that sounds like a fab bunch of presents

My husband and kids are off to autumn tests on Saturday Scotland vs South Africa, I miss out as I've got my pilates exam, but hoping to get some tickets for six nations

12/11/2012 at 09:40

Happy Birthday Tri . Great haul of pressies there, enjoy your day .

Managed to stay on the laptop long enough yesterday to buy some xmas pressies, so that was a relief !!

Cragchick - Good Luck with your exam .

Rest day for me today.

12/11/2012 at 09:46

Happy birthday UTC

Good luck with the exam Cragchick.

I think I ma half way through my christmas shopping

Need to get out for my first run since GO this evening

12/11/2012 at 09:55

FFB - you are mega organised as usual .

I was going to ignore Christmas this year....but relented last week after I bought some cute xmas cards from Cats Protection . Sucker for anything with fur .

12/11/2012 at 11:45

lets just call it 'cross-training' i was in the Top 50 in the World Northern Soul Dance Championships! that's better than any race ive been in lately

57.5 - i'm tempted by G2E I must admit. You are selling it. Right this moment i'd struggle to run for the train to Edinburgh but by the end of the week i might be putting an entry in

happy birthday UTC and happy monday everyone else

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.