Scottish Runners

29,721 to 29,740 of 33,653 messages
13/11/2012 at 06:41

Morning you lot, slept in !

Need to catch up later

13/11/2012 at 06:44

Morning

Oh dear Elspeth, hope you're all ok!!!

Cracking night at the Oscar Pistorius talk last night. He was really nice and kindly signed my club vest Rather handsome in the flesh I have to say

Lovely meal at the 78 afterwards.

Run/swim tonight.

TP- I dont mention the C word until at LEAST December!!

13/11/2012 at 06:46

Slept in BM???? 

13/11/2012 at 07:59

managed to squeeze a turbo in there.... phew, think I overheated, felt a bit sick after... all good now though, off for a shower, and to work

13/11/2012 at 08:17

Get well soon OH!

Belated Happy Birthday to UTC.

Good running weekend for me, came 4th in my 10 miler and 2nd M40 for a bottle of 12 year old Glen Moray whisky . Very well organised races (there is a 10k option as well), and nice weather up north all weekend to cap it off.

I am debating a G2E/ Fling April double next year, which might be foolhardy!

13/11/2012 at 10:12

Morning all

Oh no Elspeth, sorry to hear that, hope OH gets better soon .

Well done 57.5 . I think the G2E and Fling are a week closer together next year than usual ......ah that will be loads of time !!!

Nice one UTC getting your shirt signed .

I'm starting to think I must be getting old as a friend of mine is up visiting Glasgow (not staying with me) this weekend and sent an email round to all her various pals asking who is up for the pub in the West End on Friday night . I am sitting here thinking of excuses when a few years ago I would have been up for it no problem . Now I cannot think of anything worse . All I'm thinking is a) it will be a very late night b) I dont want to drink and have a raging hangover on Saturday and c) I have lots to do on Saturday and I also want to fit in a run, not waste the day cos I've been in the pub!!! Yep, definitely getting old ...or changed priorities or something.....

13/11/2012 at 15:17

Himself posting
Back home now and to live another day

13/11/2012 at 17:44

evening all

Glad you are on the mend OH. well enough to get your highland fling entry in!

TP - at least you still get invited 'old yins' like me don't get asked out to the pub anymore.

the Cateran is out because it coincides with wor lass's due date. Highland Fling will be ok if she isn't early!

13/11/2012 at 18:27

Dude - at this 'turn-down' rate nobody is going to bother inviting me soon either . I have subtly suggested at various times, meeting in the afternoon for tea and cakes, or for lunch....but it always seems to fall on deaf ears .

OH - good to see you back and well .

Run this morning, ridiculously mild for the time of year.

13/11/2012 at 18:42

Glad you're better OH.

Great dancing dude.

Birkmyre - today probably the first time ever I was up before you - had to get 6.32 train to Edinburgh - I was thinking as I got on that you and Tri had probably already done an hour's training!

Very mild here too, but started drizzling during my run.

13/11/2012 at 20:12

Evening

Alison: Nah sorry to disappoint you

Tri: Wakened up at 4: 30 am then next thing I realised I'd dozed off for more than 30 minutes

Edited: 13/11/2012 at 20:14
13/11/2012 at 22:46

Well done 57.5 - great racing. Was sad to miss it but c'est la vie

Afternoon tea and cakes vs a night in the pub ... hmmm tea and cake win hands down!!! A friend has invited all of us (kids included) to her hubbys 50 bday part next Sat night ... and already having collywobbles about the fact that myself and kids have orienteering competition in the morning first thing, I will definitely be driving and looking for an excuse not to stay late! ... boring? moi?

After scraping ice of car and -1 yesterday and running in gloves etc, today it was +15 with a strong but warm southerly ... shorts and t but I was too hot. Lovely bimble Findhorn to Roseisle (almost) and back, 8 miles.

14/11/2012 at 00:43

Very mild here too, perfect (?) for my first hill reps since January. Ouch, that hurt. Never seen so many people running in Inverness though.

TP, you could always do what I did for an Xmas night out in the West End last year. Run to pub (from Bishopbriggs), get strange looks from friends, enjoy food and a little alcohol, dodge mad scramble for taxis by running home. Got some funny looks in Milton mind, may not be the favourite haunt of late night joggers...

14/11/2012 at 06:04

Morning you lot

Phew up as usual

4.5M through smiry rain, mild though.

Morning Tri.

14/11/2012 at 06:59

morning BM

yesterday felt pretty rough, sore throat and as the day went on in work a bit flu-ey, no appetite... aaarghhh!! However it seems to be just a cold.

Woke up this morning and its lifting and all in the head which is good. Didnt manage training last night but will definitely be ok for tonight. Felt shivery and yucky. Have decided to take a multi vitamin for a while to boost me... in case there is something going on there... frustrations.

So, just stretching this morning and tonight will be gym and swim. Maybe I need to live in a warmer climate

OH glad you are on the mend and home.

TP, I'm only 32 and rarely go out... I dont really drink, so its just not my thing, last night out last weekend for friends 30th there was a big fight in the venue (a different party)... just cant be bothered with all the nonsense so I rarely go to these things and when I do, I leave before midnight

14/11/2012 at 10:22

Morning all

Good to see the early risers back .

Glad to see its not just me that doesn't like all the drunken nonsense that goes on .

57.5 - that is a very good way of avoiding taxi queues / public transport . I would have to run through the 'lovely' areas of Govan and Pollokshields , but as folk seem to regularly get themselves murdered down that way I think I might try to avoid it !!!

Bit wheezy today, think its this mild air and damp .

Hope you feel better soon too UTC.

14/11/2012 at 13:55

TP, I think it is probably safer for me who fits into a demographic that the jakes are likely to see as 'some old nutter' .

Might finally have found a house to buy too. The village has only 350m of street lights and pavement but lots of forest trails so it's either going to be a very repetitive winter or I get a better head torch.

Still nice and mild up here, and dry.

14/11/2012 at 15:56

UTC - get better soon.

TP - tea and cakes on me next time I'm in Glasgow - more my idea of fun than a late night at the pub too, but then I'm an old fogey!

57.5 - where are you buying a house ?(we're all coming round for a drunken housewarming party)

Gray but mild here and a wee 10 miler this morning, still feeling short of sleep from earlier in the week.

14/11/2012 at 16:01

Elspeth up for a drunken party
That be a first!

14/11/2012 at 16:03

Muses on this modern day communication (in silence from PCs on opposite sides of the same room!)

Edited: 14/11/2012 at 16:03
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.