Scottish Runners

29,741 to 29,760 of 31,031 messages
09/11/2013 at 09:57

Morning

Sounds like a nice run Cragchick - especially the cake part .

Good luck at Glen Clova Longbow.

Freezing fog forecast for tomorrow here so I might give the trip down to Drumlanrig Half a miss and go to the allotment instead - looks like it might be icy first thing.

And...I made the draw for GUCR  to which I can only say Holy '&*******$$$$' . Maybe I should do the lottery today too, cos I'm never usually any good with lucky dips !

Better go out for a run then ! Training starts now!

09/11/2013 at 17:11

16m clocked up today in mixture of hail, rain and sunshine. Managed to keep feet dry by wearing Drymax trail socks - kind of strange feeling as your feet get wet and then the socks 'suck' the water out so it sits in a layer outside the sock - kept cosy though .

09/11/2013 at 17:48

Woohoo, great news TP! I did look at the list earlier on to see if you were on it until I remembered you wouldn't have entered as Tigerspaw

Hope Glen Clova went well longbow, nice day for it

That sounds like a cracking run cragchick. I love snowy runs.....and cake

That's very organised TT

Managed a wee 10K on the bike then 10K on the treadie today Sciatica quite bad though so still tramadoled up!

09/11/2013 at 20:08
Poor Mrs Mac, hope it gets better soon!

TP - well done on getting in, we'll be looking forward to a mega race report after, but not tempted!

Longbow - how did it go?

Not a bad morning here, was taken out for a tough hill session by some of the group, 10 miles felt like very much more! Finished off with soup and cake though but wondering how I'll manage 30 not so long off!
09/11/2013 at 21:42

Mrs Mac- have u tried piriformis stretches and rolling bum on a tennis 

ball? Common cause of sciatica, esp in runners

10/11/2013 at 17:17

Glen Clova was good Elspeth. just over the 2hr mark which was fine as i've been struggling with a right calf strain and it really started hurting after 9 miles. mile times are quite funny, roughly 8:30 for 9 miles and then 10:30 for the remaining 4.

but a great hilly course, elevation gain of 393ft according to garmin. i seem to cope better going up hill rather than down. the second half seemed a little easier to me

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/85365/gallery/glenclova_elevation.jpg?width=350

right leg is quite sore today but sister-in-law is visiting and is a fully qualified accupuncturist so may get some needs later on.

10/11/2013 at 18:17

Now that's how to finish a hill session Elspeth, CAKE

Thanks TT I'll try the tennis ball torture

Well done longbow, hope the leg eases off.

Another wee 5 miler today

10/11/2013 at 18:55

Gorgeous day up here so I invaded cragchick's fiefdom at the east end of Culbin Forest. A nice meander to the Hill 99 lookout (viewing tower looking over Moray Firth, Rosshire and Sutherland) with friends, then a longer route around the east end of the forest and stunning views of Findhorn with dogs.

Excellent, well organised 10 mile race in Elgin yesterday where we finished with soup, sandwiches and whisky in a distillery hall. Won a couple of bottles too, one for 5th and one for the team prize (I love 2 men/ 2 ladies team competitions, Inverness ladies are so strong we men just have to be moderately competent ).

10/11/2013 at 19:50
Longbow, well done, sounds like a nice race. Would quite like to do it sometime but hear it fills up very fast.

57.5 - well done with the wins.

TP - I fancy trying those drymax socks though I guess it will take more than nice socks to make those river crossings bearable!
11/11/2013 at 09:15

7.5h cutoff at Tigh nam Bodach

Ah well, even if I don't complete, it will be a nice run (swim) around Loch Lyon

11/11/2013 at 16:30

Managed another 10mile run today after a crappy weekend on call, which meant I didn'r get out yesterday in the lovely sunshine- today was a bit blustery, but I manged to dodge the showers. I need to start upping the distances now, though.........only 20 weeks until my double marathon!

11/11/2013 at 18:12

Nice running as usual 57.5, and prizes too, can't beat that .

Well done Longbow - tough race.

Elspeth / OH - drainage is probably the key thing re shoes and socks with what you are running - full waterproofing not much point - need to get the water out asap ! Either that or fishermen's waders ! The Drymax socks are proving v. good - got them from centurion website - very quick delivery and good value.

Lol MrsMac - I should have put my name, then 'aka TP' .

Funny day here, warmer outside than indoors, went to let the cat out this morning and there was condensation all inside the close, main front door wouldn't shut as the wood had swelled so much - felt about 4degrees inside and about 12 out!!! Cat also in very strange grumpy / slashy mood...now asleep so I hope he is okay . Think another cat might have had him this morning!

Nice 8miler done today, incorporating 4 sets of step repeats toward the end. I am building up my stair climbing to try to get a bit of hill strength - although in truth the hill just after the steps is worse than the steps .

FFB must be just days away from going - hope no one minds if I just put in an early and massive GOOD LUCK for FFB's huge challenge / adventure to come .

11/11/2013 at 18:26

FFB is still wishing us snow for the 30th ...
18 miles today with wet feet but dry on top

11/11/2013 at 18:47

We will still wish FFB a fantastic time though, and look forward to hearing how it goes!!!

TP - I think I'm going to order some of those socks, sound ideal for wet conditions, just hope they arrive in time to try them out.

Headtorch trial tonight as finished work late.

11/11/2013 at 18:48

OOPS Identity crisis again!

11/11/2013 at 19:26

Elspeth - I went for the full on 'Drymax trail 1/4 crew: black and orange' as they sounded the best for our Scottish conditions (and they are also Tiger colours) . They are very warm and comfy, and actually the fact I can get them on in road shoes is quite a miracle with some of these more padded socks.

11/11/2013 at 19:34

Hi guys

Anyone from the Oban area here?

11/11/2013 at 19:53

Hi RunningMax I'm East coast I'm afraid.

I got those socks for my Birthday TP but haven't tried them yet. Hope the cat's in a better mood?

Well done 57.5, nice prize too

Elspeth/OH(?), how about wellies?

Ran 3 miles tonight to take my years mileage (so far) to 2000 Way more than I've ever run in a year and there's still 1.5 months to go

11/11/2013 at 20:01

It may be too deep for wellies MrsMac!

11/11/2013 at 23:17

Hi RunningMax. Just had my annual trip to Oban for a bit of scenic running. You've got a great spot to train, but I'd be investing in some of TP's recommended socks if I was there more often!

Way overdressed for my run to work this morning, must pay more attention to the temperature.

All the best for the travel and the weather FFB. After that the running will take care of itself!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.