Scottish Runners

29,741 to 29,760 of 33,411 messages
13/11/2012 at 20:12

Evening

Alison: Nah sorry to disappoint you

Tri: Wakened up at 4: 30 am then next thing I realised I'd dozed off for more than 30 minutes

Edited: 13/11/2012 at 20:14
13/11/2012 at 22:46

Well done 57.5 - great racing. Was sad to miss it but c'est la vie

Afternoon tea and cakes vs a night in the pub ... hmmm tea and cake win hands down!!! A friend has invited all of us (kids included) to her hubbys 50 bday part next Sat night ... and already having collywobbles about the fact that myself and kids have orienteering competition in the morning first thing, I will definitely be driving and looking for an excuse not to stay late! ... boring? moi?

After scraping ice of car and -1 yesterday and running in gloves etc, today it was +15 with a strong but warm southerly ... shorts and t but I was too hot. Lovely bimble Findhorn to Roseisle (almost) and back, 8 miles.

14/11/2012 at 00:43

Very mild here too, perfect (?) for my first hill reps since January. Ouch, that hurt. Never seen so many people running in Inverness though.

TP, you could always do what I did for an Xmas night out in the West End last year. Run to pub (from Bishopbriggs), get strange looks from friends, enjoy food and a little alcohol, dodge mad scramble for taxis by running home. Got some funny looks in Milton mind, may not be the favourite haunt of late night joggers...

14/11/2012 at 06:04

Morning you lot

Phew up as usual

4.5M through smiry rain, mild though.

Morning Tri.

14/11/2012 at 06:59

morning BM

yesterday felt pretty rough, sore throat and as the day went on in work a bit flu-ey, no appetite... aaarghhh!! However it seems to be just a cold.

Woke up this morning and its lifting and all in the head which is good. Didnt manage training last night but will definitely be ok for tonight. Felt shivery and yucky. Have decided to take a multi vitamin for a while to boost me... in case there is something going on there... frustrations.

So, just stretching this morning and tonight will be gym and swim. Maybe I need to live in a warmer climate

OH glad you are on the mend and home.

TP, I'm only 32 and rarely go out... I dont really drink, so its just not my thing, last night out last weekend for friends 30th there was a big fight in the venue (a different party)... just cant be bothered with all the nonsense so I rarely go to these things and when I do, I leave before midnight

14/11/2012 at 10:22

Morning all

Good to see the early risers back .

Glad to see its not just me that doesn't like all the drunken nonsense that goes on .

57.5 - that is a very good way of avoiding taxi queues / public transport . I would have to run through the 'lovely' areas of Govan and Pollokshields , but as folk seem to regularly get themselves murdered down that way I think I might try to avoid it !!!

Bit wheezy today, think its this mild air and damp .

Hope you feel better soon too UTC.

14/11/2012 at 13:55

TP, I think it is probably safer for me who fits into a demographic that the jakes are likely to see as 'some old nutter' .

Might finally have found a house to buy too. The village has only 350m of street lights and pavement but lots of forest trails so it's either going to be a very repetitive winter or I get a better head torch.

Still nice and mild up here, and dry.

14/11/2012 at 15:56

UTC - get better soon.

TP - tea and cakes on me next time I'm in Glasgow - more my idea of fun than a late night at the pub too, but then I'm an old fogey!

57.5 - where are you buying a house ?(we're all coming round for a drunken housewarming party)

Gray but mild here and a wee 10 miler this morning, still feeling short of sleep from earlier in the week.

14/11/2012 at 16:01

Elspeth up for a drunken party
That be a first!

14/11/2012 at 16:03

Muses on this modern day communication (in silence from PCs on opposite sides of the same room!)

Edited: 14/11/2012 at 16:03
14/11/2012 at 17:05

Elspeth - you are on for the tea and cake outing .

57.5 - new house, exciting!!

Hoping to catch up with friend sometime during the day whilst she is here - I suspect everyone else has also found good excuses as nothing more has been mentioned .

No run today.......have just finished a huge job, knackered but was getting fed up with it and wanted it out of the way .

14/11/2012 at 19:08

New house is exciting stuff indeed! We are hoping to sell our house 'down South' next year so we can free up the money to buy a house where at least half of the family live!!

Boo to fluey colds and wheeziness

Shock horror, first proper long run since SDW at end of June, admittedly fairly flat but not uneventful! 16 miles in Culbin but feet got frozen and mud-caked running through the salt marshes, so I abandoned and crashed through a load of trees (pathless) before returning to the trail again!  Best bit was the fact I didn't feel wheezy/coughy/tight chest for the first time in about 3 weeks!!! Anyway, at least I can consider myself back into some kind of ultra training ... although did sustain twisted ankle and a cut knee from tripping over a tree root disguised by ankle deep mud from the logging trucks

14/11/2012 at 19:12

Evening

Saw my first house with its Christmas lights up when going through Renfrew on bus to/from work today !

TP: Glad to be back rising early

14/11/2012 at 19:33

Christmas lights bm, seriously?

Sounds like an eventful run cragchick Hope the ankle/knee are ok?

TP, I can't be bothered with trailing round pubs anymore either. I much prefer a night in with friends. Like the sound of tea and cake too

Get well soon UTC.

Elspeth, have you entered the Fling yet?? There are very few places left......you know it makes sense

57.5, like the sound of having a house surrounded by forest trails

I'm on a weeks (might stretch to two) running rest to try and nip my achillies niggle in the bud so its been gym sessions this week. Ordered kinesio tape too, anyone used it before?

14/11/2012 at 21:28

We received our first Christmas card the other day, I'll kind of let them off as they are in America and were also giving us their new address ...  Christmas lights outside a house though ... nooooooooo!

14/11/2012 at 22:04

evening

good turbo tonight. yet to run yet (dam cold!!) but feeling much better than yesterday, just a cold nothing more. Although appetite still slightly down. No harm there then (Still eating meals).

Hehe dont get me started on christmas, bf has already had his 1st round of mince pies!! Not seen any trees up yet but we did get a card in work from a patient!!! How organised!! 

CC sounds like a very nice run, if slightly eventful, bf was impressed

MrsMac hope the achilles settles. Ive appreciated my running rest but its getting frustrating now I WILL get a run or 2 in this week!!!

14/11/2012 at 23:46

The new house is about 10 miles south of Nairn, en route to Grantown on Spey. Everyone can come round for mince pies and hot chocolate after a run in the woods . Nearest pub is 10 miles away!

Elspeth - My last trip up to Hoy for a while this weekend, my wife is back for a last month as locum before the permanent Dr arrives.

MrsMac - They are some great woods to run in too, at least when there's a bit more daylight.

cragchick - Sounds just like my last long run in Culbin! Though I sustained no damage to myself.

Talking of damage, I had a lucky escape yesterday when I ran into a large twig, unfortunately leading with my eye. Didn't even see it but the blink reflex still left the damage limited to a bit of eyelid swelling. Memo to self, run nearer the road when on a pavement. In the woods I'd be more careful!

15/11/2012 at 06:46

morning...

turbo time

swim tonight.

57.5 hope your eye is ok!!

15/11/2012 at 06:48

Morning Tri.

My earlier post didn't post ? ! Eh

Oh well...

15/11/2012 at 08:31

you'll need a tree visor for forest running then 57.5!!  So is that actually somewhere on the Nairn-Grantown Road then? I'd love to live nearer to Grantown, just love it near there.  On weeks when I have less work shifts I always head down to Dava - just love getting up on the moors up there.  Culbin is a pain at the moment - you never know which paths are going to be open and it seems like it's been chopped at all year!! Plus the trucks make a right state of the trails. Anyway, I won't be trying to escape it all via the salt marshes again for sure!!

Hope germs are abating and you feel on top form soon UTC, hate it when stuff just drags on. Your climbing wall stuff sounded good though. Loooong time since I did indoor stuff, keep meaning to try and get down to the Grantown climbing wall with the kids at the weekend

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.