Scottish Runners

29,761 to 29,780 of 31,032 messages
11/11/2013 at 23:19

Gosh - quite a lot of catching up for me, will read back. In the meanwhile another blog entry

I leave on Friday

11/11/2013 at 23:40

lol at my fiefdom!

great racing

like the sound of those sicks. hope sciatica abates - stretching for sure and then get going with some clams/oysters = exercises not food

ffb - Friday - wow!

11/11/2013 at 23:41

socks, not sicks - damn tablet!

12/11/2013 at 13:59

Nice steady run in the usual sun / rain / wind mix this morning. Its really quite lovely in the sunny bits!

Welcome RunningMax - another regular visitor to Oban here .

Great mileage MrsMac . Puss is still out of sorts, he has definitely had a run in with something / one outdoors as he is very nervous when he goes out .

Clams work for ITBS too  - you know you have it when you cannot do them !

Off to catch up with FFB's blog - nearly time!!!!!

12/11/2013 at 17:00

Coming thick and fast now, another entry

12/11/2013 at 19:29
FFB - Ugh packing, I hate it. Always think I've forgotten something important too!

Very excited for you!

Mrs Mac - great mileage, guess you did a week bit of that one week in August!

Hi Runningmax, not very near to Oban here, not sure if anyone on here is! Though I did meet another Oban runner at Lochalsh earlier this year.
12/11/2013 at 19:48

Yes Elspeth, highest ever weekly mileage of 312 miles

I forgot about clams! Had to do them the last time I tweaked my sciatic nerve.

Poor TP's moggy

Off to read FFB's blogs......

13/11/2013 at 09:21

Mrs Mac, I thought my weekly mileage was Ok until I saw that

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. Got loads of hugs from my colleagues yesterday. I am owrking today and tomorrow before leaving on Friday, but yesterday was my last day in the office. Currently working in Abrdeen flat waiting on a visit from a firend before I head back to Glasgow.

Got the final logistics info through this morning too.

Just cannot believe that it all kicks off on Friday

Mr FFB will update twitter and FB while I am away. I am going to buy a bit of satellite phone time so that I can call a few keys folks from the Antarctic

Not sure if I should let Mr FFB loose on my FB and twitter accounts

13/11/2013 at 10:23

Woo Hoo - Go for it FFB .

(I noticed the Scottish flag in your packing photos ).

Have a safe journey and enjoy the races. Do it for all of us that cannot be there, and most of all do it for yourself. Stay 'in the moment' and enjoy the experience of running, ignore the fast people and put the finish out of your mind until you can actually see it. Push on and don't stop, its never over until its over, so never give up (unless they make you), keep on right until the last second, the last breath. Fight the fight for all of us.

13/11/2013 at 17:04
Well said TP, all our best wishes go with you FFB!

Will look forward to Mr FFB's posts (he could always post on here too!). Safe travels.
13/11/2013 at 19:01

What TP said FFB 

13/11/2013 at 20:48

Looking forward to the updates FFB!

14/11/2013 at 14:15

Yuk BM - get well soon !

Nice 10m this morning, lovely sunny day but cold wind. Some mega-filming activity going on in Pollok Park but managed to dodge through all the catering trucks, security, baggage cars, lighting waggons, cables etc etc. Didn't spot anybody famous!

Colder weather forecast for next week - and not just for FFB !

14/11/2013 at 19:48

Yuck to sickness indeed - the autumn/winter germs are coming thick and fast I think - just trying to fight of disgusting cold germs that son has been sharing around from last week!

Came on to wish FFB all the best and then remembered she's already departed - doh!! Anyway, a belated GOOD LUCK and cannot wait to hear all about it!

Running tootling along at the moment but no amazing mileage. Had a fab run yesterday with a guy from my orienteering club - Culbin Forest in a completely different light, we didn't run on a single main track, just did about 8 miles completely off-grid on mainly animal tracks!!! Oh boy was that a workout, I think my Garmin must be lying as it said we'd done about 700m of climbing?? but absolutely loved it despite adding yet more bruises to the ones I already got from orienteering on Sunday.

Also quite excited as there is talk afoot of potentially starting a Parkrun in Elgin, logistically this is waaaaay better for me than Inverness (sorry 57.5) so am waiting to see if it comes off.

So do you know what was being filmed?

Edited: 14/11/2013 at 19:49
14/11/2013 at 22:38

Hi folks

hope you're all well! not been on here for months. became a Dad in June (may have already mentioned this but can't remember) and not been running as much as I'd like but did Strathaven 10k sub 40 on 3rd Nov and then got very pissed and entered...

Smartwool Tigh nam Bodach Ultra Run 50K - seemed like a good idea at the time! should be great actually. I don't mind getting cold and wet and it may even be a crisp, cold and beautiful day. proper wilderness running, only 100 runners, 4 river crossings. info is a bit slim - does anyone know intricate details? email from organiser just gave advice about access roads.

who else is doing this? think I saw a couple of posters - other half and someone else?

15/11/2013 at 00:17

Well, here it is the final entry before the event, although I might manage a sneaky wee post from Chile before we head to the Antarctic. Blog entry here

15/11/2013 at 00:20

Sorry - should have said thank-you for all the good wishes and good luck messages.

Also, Loch Katrine running festival will be Sunday 23rd March 2014

15/11/2013 at 11:46

Morning

CC - don't know what was filming - but looked 'big' - had a film make-up truck with someone getting their face put on!

Ewan - well done on the new arrival .

Been chasing after people paying me late again GRRRRRRR  Bloody Universities sort your act out!!!!

15/11/2013 at 20:57

What a great blog FFB! You are truly amazing

Congratulations ewan

That sounds like a good run CC!

Hope they've coughed up TP? Very annoying

Off tomorrow to spend a week in a lovely cottage near Rowardennan. Hopefully find my running mojo somewhere along the Loch shore

16/11/2013 at 14:16
Mrs Mac - sounds lovely! All those trails to run on too.

Just in from very blustery 20 miles, needed to be done as ultra is looming. Thankfully wind mostly on my back but tough in the bits were it wasn't. Dead baby seal down by the shore. Rain held off but now tipping down.

TP - hope they pay up.

BM - 2 friends of mine have done R&R half, one enjoyed it 3 years ago the other did it last year when it was very cold/wet and was unimpressed by taking an hour to get her baggage back at the end.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.