Scottish Runners

29,801 to 29,820 of 33,504 messages
21/11/2012 at 17:06

When is that turkey trot folks? I'm starting to get race deprivation!

Mrs Mac - hope your achilles settles soon.

Nicer day here, was revolting yesterday, hoping to get a sneaky run in before tea.

21/11/2012 at 19:12

9 December, 11am is the Turkey Trot, I'm entering on the day, with current track record I dare not tempt fate and pre-enter!!

21/11/2012 at 21:03

hello everyone its been a wee while  how is everyone ? been a bit of an up an down year had to drop out a few events(injury) done a lot of trail running headed for the hills a lot more fun missed out on the Glen Clova half for the first time in 9 years due to a balls up at work. and we found out in july that my dad has lung cancer so he was in hospital for a while and we though everything was fine but fluid has come back(long story) he is fine but we are all taking it a day at a time. as for running finished for the year will start again in january.   happy running folks

21/11/2012 at 21:09

Last "OH" post was by OH's other half Elspeth !

21/11/2012 at 22:00

I wondered

22/11/2012 at 06:09

Morning you lot

Fartlek done and dusted. Right catch up time

Morning Tri.

22/11/2012 at 06:29

morning BM

running to work again this morning. weather is to be horrid and I have to go late night shopping for bf's birthday at the weekend

hope everyone is well, welcome back remoh.

22/11/2012 at 06:39

Morning Tri

Pouring down here now !

Remoh: Good to see you back.

22/11/2012 at 08:26

Currently dry here but sky looking distinctly wierd!!! Heavy grey with streaks of red and pink.  Best get kids into school and 10-miler out the way quick!! Roseisle to Hopeman and back today I think.

22/11/2012 at 16:47

Feel like we have hardly had any daylight at all today .

Session on the elliptical this afternoon as I didnt fancy facing 'flood-apocalypse' outside . Should be better for a run tommorrow.

Welcome back Remoh.

Did anyone see the news today? Andrew Murray (the ultra runner, not the tennis player ) came first in the Antarctic Ice Marathon .

Talking of which, where has FFB disappeared to?

22/11/2012 at 18:43

Evening

The sky was really weird here this morning too cragchick! Then the heavens opened....

I wondered about that post too Elspeth!

Hiya remoh

Have been on a training course the last two days, fainted twice on the first day and felt really washed out ever since Still, we did get to go for an early lunch after so it wasn't in vain

22/11/2012 at 19:01

heavens never opened, but it was seriously blustery ... although wierd as not all the time, was merrily ploughing along the coast back towards forest in a fairly steady gale and then turned corner into Burghead and was almost swept of my feet by gusts.

Fainting twice, that's not good.

Appeared to have developed a calf pull in left calf, outer edge below the meaty bit of calf. Had really bad cramp last night in both feet but didn't think it was in the calf!!! BU**ER, that's what comes of irratic running I guess. They both felt fine yesterday. Just read all sorts of evil unreasuring stuff about how long they take to heal. Guess I won't be doing tomorrows proposed 15 then - bah. Might have to go ... whispers the swear word swimming instead but might see if biking is OK.

22/11/2012 at 20:27

Just been catching up  -a bit out of touch as busy at work, and at older daughter's concerts (she plays the flute in her school wind band).

Welcome back remoh.

Hope your calf pull isn't too major cragchick.

Dull and drizzly here today, though not cold. Just a short run this evening.

22/11/2012 at 23:25

Welcome back remoh.

That's a nice run cragchick. Not sure how you missed the rain though, it was certainly pouring in Inverness.

23/11/2012 at 06:00

Morning

Bit of a plod as felt heavy legged today. Ach well.

Morning Tri

Crag: Hope the calf is okay

Yeah where is FFB ?

23/11/2012 at 06:47

morning BM

thank god this week is done (almost), terrible week at work.

off to Belfast this evening for bf's birthday,  family up from Dublin as well. Should be good, and should fit a run or 2 in. Shopping for bday gifts last night was good x training

Hope you're ok MrsMac and the injuries are healing ok.

Thats a great result for Dr Murray

Right, running to work again as going straight to airport at 3 (getting away early).  Definitely feeling much better and feel I could get back to hard training next week.

23/11/2012 at 06:48

Morning Tri

Yeah agree re work.

23/11/2012 at 15:32

Have a good weekend away UTC . Not too much Guiness now .....

Hope the injuries fix quickly for everyone. CC and MrsMac - have you tried those heel extension stretches? Stand on edge of step and drop heels down, I do loads of them after a run to stretch the tendons out.

Nice 11m run today, mild again, but its looking kinda grey and wintery now, like it might snow !!!

Ordered a new pair of Inov8's today  some Flyroc 310's cos I like the tread pattern and my others have become very worn down now, grip-tastic .

I've noticed the Brooks road shoes I use are not getting as worn down as quickly as they used to, and I'm doing the same mileage - maybe this new tread compound they are using is not marketing hype after all and it actually does last longer!! Hooray for that, cos they are bloomin expensive enough .

23/11/2012 at 19:17

TP: My late grandfather was from Northern Ireland and he loved the Guiness.

24/11/2012 at 18:50
Bf into the Guinness, I'll stick to the mulled wine lovely wee run this morning then spent day in town and at titanic museum. Chilling with Wales v all blacks before dinner and plan is another run tomorrow in the cold crisp conditions. Hope everyone is well, home tea time tomorrow. Glad to be back running this week, feel much better and enjoying it again!!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.