Scottish Runners

29,841 to 29,860 of 33,659 messages
29/11/2012 at 17:42

I was running in sleet and snow yesterday ...

boo to cold germs ... vomitting bug doing rounds of my sons class at the moment, feel like we are sitting on an unexploded bomb, would rather get it before Christmas though ...

Some good training going on though

Good luck MrsMac

29/11/2012 at 23:39

No snow yet but a great moonlit run on Nairn Beach tonight. Nearly got beaten by the winter CBA thoughts but really enjoyed it once I warmed up.

You must be a year or two younger than me BM. But we were both a perfect age for that sort of winter, old enough to be independent but young enough not to worry about exams and that grown up stuff. Other memorable winters were Jan '84 (driving to Aviemore with high walls of snow either side of the A9 thrown up by the snowploughs, -24 degrees one night in Aviemore) and Jan '87 when Glasgow ground to a halt with the snow right after New Year.

Hoping for no snow on the A9 tomorrow. I'll be running the Falkirk parkrun for the first time Saturday if my travels go according to plan.

30/11/2012 at 05:58

Morning

Happy St Andrews Day to all on here

Cold and frosty one again, brrrrr.

5M Fartlek done and I'm just thawing out

Morning Tri

30/11/2012 at 06:30

morning BM

Happy St Andrews Day to everyone too

Turbo this morning and swim tonight... ended up having a rest night last night so make up for it later.

No snow please..... cant stand it

At least its Friday!!

Bf doing GU 5miler tomorrow, I did it last year but not race fit yet so will be happy running myself and cheering him on (to win???)...

Have a good one!

30/11/2012 at 06:32

Morning Tri. all the best to your bf in Glasgow Uni 5 tomorrow.

30/11/2012 at 07:52

Morning all. Thank crunchie ...... showing my age there  Its been quite a week! And to top it all I went to bed with a hint of a headache and have woken with a migraine. Hoping the tablets kick in soon or I will be heading back home. Had fab wee 6 miles last night.

30/11/2012 at 08:19

welcome back FFB, (sorry meant to say so before!!) hope the migraine clears up!! Good turbo this morning, legs tired with all the running/turbo-ing this week all good though

30/11/2012 at 09:22

nasty nasty migraine be gone!!

Moonlit run on Nairn beach - envious of that. Hubby back tonight so might head out with headtorch later. Awaiting arrival of treadmill, so that's put paid to long run plans ... Sunday morning it will have to be!!

Frosty and cold but not baltic, and again hardly any wind - perfect really

They have had the snow canons at work on Cairngorm ...

30/11/2012 at 09:28

Morning you lot

Going to bed early with lemsip and cat on my feet seems to have halted the cold, probably just needed a rest. Was out for a short run during the day but foolishly didnt leave enough time after lunch , had stomach pains all day, like cramp/indigestion and felt really spaced.......seems to have settled now, but lets just say it has put me right off beetroot .....

Having a laugh at email from LN marathon this morning, I roughly quote: 'what better way to show someone you care about their health and wellbeing this Christmas by buying them an entry to LN mara'  LOL Yeah, I can see that one going down a treat, 'Hey Mom and Dad, I've entered you for a marathon next September' , never mind you have never ran a step in your life . I would argue the reverse - enter someone at random for a marathon and it shows you havent thought at all about their 'health and wellbeing' .....cue lots of entries getting sold on here next Sept .

Good luck all weekend racers, MrsMac and Tri's bf (go on, win ). Safe travels to all out on the roads.

30/11/2012 at 09:44

Morning all. Not checked in for ages. Nippy here today in Edinburgh, but lovely for running in. Did a wee 3 miler to work and plan a LSR on Sunday morning.

Good Luck to everyone running at the weekend.

30/11/2012 at 09:50

Glasgow (and surrounding area!) runners, today is the monthly 3K on the Green race

http://www.3konthegreen.com/

£2 entry with all money to charity.

Get involved!

30/11/2012 at 10:22

ehwis TP  and LOL  I do know of runners who have had entry into events as presents.

Do you think Santa will pay the last 2 installments of my antarctic entry

30/11/2012 at 14:19

Lol FFB - you can always hope .

I think giving another runner an entry as a present can be a nice surprise / thoughtful gift....however, giving an entry to a random friend / family member who has never considered a marathon before, is a bit like shooting yourself in the foot, whilst at the same time giving the organisers money for a place that will never be used .

Nice sunny, freezing cold, 8mile this morning, wearing 3x everything .

30/11/2012 at 17:44

TP, some of the GU race route very icy... here's hoping it goes ahead. Bf aiming for sub30... erm well he can do 34 for 10k so assuming he didnt run the last 1.2miles in under 4 mins I'd say he's on for sub 30 without an issue...although secretly I think he's aiming for sub 28 

Very cold cycle into work but lovely, and some definite sleet on the commute home. Swim shortly...

I love races as gifts, and so does bf... but yeah if I gave one to my mum... not sure she'd see the appeal

good luck weekend racers

01/12/2012 at 14:47

just back from a rather sliipy 11miles home from worrk- although I suspect that the early moring drive in there in the car was the more dangerous bit.

Gorgeous out!!!!! but tons of black ice- last night's rain has frozen solid.

Saw a family of swans trying to swim up the frozen canal- parent swan at the front breaking the ice with his chest, and the juveniles following in a row!- quite odd.

My OH would kill me if I bought him a LN entry as a present.

02/12/2012 at 09:58

Morning all. Did not go out yesterday but did wieghts and a spin. Heading out this morning after mybacon roll has settled. Probably only do about 8 miles as I have not done anything more that 6 since GO33.

02/12/2012 at 10:02

Same here, might see you out there FFB .

Too icy yesterday after the overnight rain, went out this morning at 8am with cat and bird food () to check the surfaces, and it seems heavy frost with a better grip, so should be good for a run . Nice and sunny now too.

02/12/2012 at 13:59

afternoon... about 7 miles covered today... not much but most I've done since I took a break so felt good. very crunchy with some slips and slides along the canal. Saw a cat walk all the way from 1 side to the other also with a few slips and slides... absolutely gorgeous run though, although slow but underfoot conditions were not for upping the pace Nice to run with bf (his race was cancelled due to ice yday!)...

Now to wash the bikes and have some lunch.

02/12/2012 at 17:04

A slow run here too, some areas were fine, good frost covering or gritted, other bits an ice rink, so took things carefully, and used cross country routes through the parks. Good to run on solid crunchy mud and leaves, no wet feet . Footpaths in Pollok a total rink though .

Wonder if it will snow tonight, or thaw? Forecast is uncertain .

Late shop at the supermarket this afternoon - shelves locusted by xmas shoppers  - but stocked up on some xmas cupboard food and got in my first box of mince pies this season (might not be my last ) .

02/12/2012 at 18:15

Did the 7 reservoirs Pentlands half today, what a hoot Both me and hubby fell 3 times each He came of the worst though, I've got more padding Defo recommend it, t'was a toughie though!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.