Scottish Runners

29,861 to 29,880 of 31,032 messages
05/12/2013 at 07:46

still dark, blowing a gale and on flood alert! definitely a rest day today.  looking forward to looking at the pictures a bit later ... oh my, stuff is going to start taking off soon out there!!!

05/12/2013 at 14:47

Hope you get the water on soon BM !

Cat woke me up at 3am wanting to go out - I could hear it blowing a total hoolie, and was dubious about letting him out - but took him down anyway. He took one look out the front door and ran straight back upstairs and into the house, leaving me standing there in my pyjamas!!!

Loads of tree debris down, hail storms etc. Local river is full to the brim and had overflowed in Pollok Park. Much calmer this afternoon though so I got out for a run - then it snowed!

Still (sings footie chant):

Get yer tree up, get yer tree up, get yer tree up (its nearly Christmas!). Get yer tree up - its nearly Christmas !

05/12/2013 at 16:28

Afternoon all. Well that was quite a gale.

Her are the photos you have been waiting for the Ice Marathon and 100k Ultra

05/12/2013 at 17:43
Fantastic photos FFB! And looking forward to the blogs.

JS Christmas meal cancelled tonight as it was to be out in the sticks! Blowing a snowy gale and I think am using it as an excuse for another rest day! Have to go back to work later anyhow.

Would never have got to tigh nam bodach in this weather!
05/12/2013 at 19:32

Wild here too.

Great photos FFB, what a journey

06/12/2013 at 12:26

great photos FFB - almost makes me want to do it ...

07/12/2013 at 11:25

Grrr can't see photos at work- stupid internet filter. Will look again from gome. Glad you finally got back safely FFB.

07/12/2013 at 16:31

Nice long run today - even got light at one point !

07/12/2013 at 18:17

Boo to Iberia who charged FFB £1400 extra to change her flights after her unavoidable weather delayed departure from Antarctica.

Snow melting here now

Edited: 07/12/2013 at 18:17
07/12/2013 at 19:26
Thought of FFB when did a little run in the snow last night, but a niggle from last weekend stopped me after 2 miles. Better effort this morning, seems to have settled a bit and 5-6 snow miles. Never run a 100k in it at this rate.

Raining since the afternoon and all turned to slush.

Afternoon of Christmas shopping, evening by the fire - I hope!
08/12/2013 at 14:26

Yuk to the snow Elspeth!

Keeps trying to snow here, sleet etc, but its far too warm for it.

Another run today, but its much windier than yesterday, and its too wet to dig the allotment - hopefully next weekend will be dry . Apparently people had a lot of damage caused on their plots during the storms in the week, so I need to get up there and see if anything has blown (or washed!) away .

08/12/2013 at 15:48

Feel a bit of a wuss after seeing FFB'd fantastic photos, but apart from a 90 minute run in the gym on thursday, and half an hour yesterday, I've been very lazy since the middle of the week- just can't be doing with running in these blustery/ wet conditions- think I'm a bit knackered- work stuff is mostly mentally tiring, and interfering with sleep.

Didn't crawl out of bed 'til noon today- so perhaps I'm better to listen to my body, get some recovery done, then start again- .................not sure why I feel so totally wiped out- I think I'm the only person at work not to have had a ghastly lurgy- perhaps I've had a low -level infection that's not enough to make me overtly ill, but enough to wipe out the running Mojo. Either that, or I'm a wuss, as said earlier.

08/12/2013 at 16:49

Tricia - you are not a wuss . If you are feeling under the weather it is best not to push it, and you obviously needed the extra sleep. Plenty of time before G2E .

08/12/2013 at 17:07
Probably needing the rest Tricia, I've had a very lazy week too.

Flood like rain today, hoping it stops soon otherwise will be paddling not running this week.

Tackling the Christmas shopping yesterday and this afternoon.
08/12/2013 at 17:34

Christmas shopping-- thank god for amazon!, no way can I stand actually going to the shops at this time of year!

08/12/2013 at 17:45

Very mild here today, and not too wet. got in some nice runs round Aviemore over the weekend around the Xmas night out.

08/12/2013 at 21:10
tricialitt wrote (see)

Christmas shopping-- thank god for amazon!, no way can I stand actually going to the shops at this time of year!

Just dreich here 

Edited: 08/12/2013 at 21:13
09/12/2013 at 20:34

I got a place in The WHW race 2014

09/12/2013 at 22:04

Mrs Mac

09/12/2013 at 23:05

Excellent MrsMac. More incentive to get the ankle back healthy. Just signed up for the Great Glen Way Ultra. Seemed a shame not to given the location.

Liking this mild weather for running in the long nights.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.