Scottish Runners

29,881 to 29,900 of 33,379 messages
03/12/2012 at 18:09

Had a yukky 6.5 miles in the dark and rain just now. Thought it would be OK with headtorch but couldn't see too well, ended up in the middle of most of the puddles. Pretty dark day here too!

03/12/2012 at 22:15

evening all.

didnt run either today... was tired this morning and tonight the pavements are ice rinks.Still happy to have MTB'd to work and back. Turbo on return  and just back from a good swim. So not all is lost. Thinking turbo tomorrow morning (hopefully snow will clear to allow for running rest of week in mornings!!) and climbing planned for tomorrow night. Havent been for a couple of weeks so really looking forward to it!

Jealous of all you highland runners,your runs always sound gorgeous and interesting!! (although obviously not for you today Elspeth.Know what you mean about dark too... actually darkening at 2pm at the moment!!).

03/12/2012 at 23:32

It is a great place to run. But I was glad to have a rest day today as the evening was pretty miserable!

04/12/2012 at 05:59

Mornng

Lots to catch up on

MrsMac: A well done to you

Snow has frozen over out here in Erskine, so a slippy run in parts this morning.

MrsB birthday today

Morning Tri 

04/12/2012 at 06:36

morning BM

turbo again this morning, waiting for the snow to clear.... although club run Wednesday night.

Hoping to get back on the road bike tomorrow.

Happy Birthday MrsB

04/12/2012 at 08:36

No snow here but has finally stopped raining. Pilates class for me to teach this morning then I may try out the new shiny treadmill for an easy 5

04/12/2012 at 15:46

Afternoon all

Happy new treadmill Cragchick .

My street is still a skating rink, but a brief foray over to the post office this morning and I found some clear gritted pavements. So later on went out and did repeat out and backs up and over the 'big hill' then a few 'round the houses' on the way back until I got to 7m, so that was okay. Cannot believe how clear it is just one street away whilst mine is like the Arctic . They seem to have gritted the main school walking routes, which is fair enough, as long as you dont break your neck getting to the clear bits .

Here's to some mild weather soon?

04/12/2012 at 20:18

Had little problem completing a hard interval session on some icy roads. Then nearly did myself some damage taking the dog for a short walk .

04/12/2012 at 21:32

cragchick: Happy new treamill

Slippy on the frozen snow when walking Geordie earlier. Be running on grass tomorrow.

04/12/2012 at 22:55

Glad I did treadmill today then going by above postings - was nice and dry and just watched the drizzle and greyness pass me by!!

Tomorrow will be icy for us I reckon as skies finally clear now but plenty of damp out there to keep it interesting tomorrow, but I will be working all day tomorrow so may have to be the treadmill again - early - gulp!

Go carefully all.

05/12/2012 at 05:59

Morning,brrr, its cauld out

MrsB says thanks for the birthday wishes.

5M on the snow. Freezing again. Slippy on the pathways so ran most on the grass.

Morning Tri.

05/12/2012 at 06:51

morning BM

climbing last night... knackering, freezing travelling to and from the centre.

turbo this morning, club run tonight... hopefully it will be less like a club skate

Safe running everyone,  CC you probably will be most successful on the treadmill

05/12/2012 at 06:53

Morning Tri

Just be careful when out you lot.

05/12/2012 at 14:03

Decided on rest day today after my 15 mile/ 10 mile/ 5 mile in a row, hoping for a long one tomorrow. Work today instead ...

Actually, we have no snow, but that is NOT the case about 15 miles down the road.

05/12/2012 at 17:49

It seemed much slippier out today than yesterday - I did my same 7m again at about 11am and some of the road surfaces were slick with black ice never mind the pavements.

They are havering over the snow levels tommorrow , will it reach into the Cities or will we just get hill snow and then yukky ice at lower levels ? If we get a good covering of snow tommorrow I will be out in the trail shoes cos I'm bored already of out and backs . And I'm only on 24 for the week, so I could do with a good long run .

However, at the moment I am enjoying a nice glass of Rioja whilst my tea cooks, *Hic* ahh well, it is Christmas !!!!

I almost gave myself a hernia this afternoon lugging a huge bag of rocksalt from Homebase to the car and then up the stairs  - but I'm prepared to clear a decent stretch of path tommorrow if its icy .

Long range forecast is for 12deg next week, so that will feel positively tropical !

Take care out there everyone.

05/12/2012 at 19:38

Evening folks Sounds like everyones feeling the cold? I've been holed up with a blinding headache so I've missed all this snow carry-on! Feeling a bit better finally....

Happy new Treadmill cragchick

Enjoy the vino TP

05/12/2012 at 21:45

Off work this week so enjoying running in the daylight. Cold here, but only a bit of snow. Was in cambridge Sunday and Monday - almost as cold there.

Enjoy your treadmill cragchick.

05/12/2012 at 22:39

Think I'll stick to treadmill tomorrow too, hope you are enjoying CC.... dreadfully icy all through run tonight... through Mugdock with headtorches... fun in places but treacherous in others!!

One of our lady vet runners fell and broke her wrist so was packed off to A+E with 2 of our members who are docs. Strapped up with ice and with painkillers. It looked displaced but will have to see what happens... hoping no theatre but it didnt look good!! I had a couple of near misses but no falls.

Totally fine cycling to/from work. Jealous of those running in daylight though

Hope you feel better MrsMac..

Think pavements will be bad still tomorrow so will swap sessions round and turbo AM instead of run and will run before swim on treadmill after work instead of turbo.

Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

06/12/2012 at 05:49

Morning 4M Steadily and carefully on the snow. Not a bad run all things conidered.

MrsMac: Hope you're feeling better

Morning Tri

06/12/2012 at 07:12

morning BM

wet and windy out by the looks of things.

slept later than planned so run/swim tonight, will fit extra turbo in somewhere later.

safe travels thiis morning everyone.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.