Scottish Runners

29,921 to 29,940 of 33,580 messages
10/01/2013 at 06:01

Morning 4M Steadily done.

Just looked out and its suddenly very foggy out here in Erskine !

Morning Tri.

10/01/2013 at 07:21

morning BM

pfft... is it only Thursday???

Turbo again this morning.

run and swim tonight if all goes to plan.

10/01/2013 at 09:01

Morning all. Yes really pleased with the article on Scottish running guide.

UTC - OK I will make an executive decision for you and request cycle marshalling from your OH.

Alison - yes please to the marshalling. There will 3 water stations needing manned plus turn points.

I suggest that you email me via this site and then we can exhcange emails and mobile numbers. Then nearer the time I will contact all my marshalls re allocation of duties. There will be vehicle access along the road for cars heading out to set up the water stations. Anyone who is based at Stronalacher at the top end would be best heading out on the B road from Aberfoyle.

10/01/2013 at 11:55

FFB numbers seem to be creeping up nicely now

10/01/2013 at 14:54

Hi OH - yes. Over 80 now.

Meant to say that note re messaging me was for both Alison and UTC.

Short run for me tonight. Quads a grumbling a bit though: probably the shock of 3 consecutive days of training

10/01/2013 at 18:22

FFB, thats fine, I think he'll enjoy it Bf not on here so I will relay the details, will email shortly.

A few of my club members say they've entered!! Yay!!

Off for a run now, then swim time!!

10/01/2013 at 18:57

That does sound hectic cragchick, no wonder you're tired

Lucky you UTC being off next week 

Great news your race is filling up FFB I can't wait!

Did a 5 mile cliff run by headtorch tonight, loved it

10/01/2013 at 19:29

Happy to report the 3 days of solid decorating is now over ! Fish all happily returned to tank and everyone seems alive, so all good at the moment . 18 x 10litre buckets out...... 20 back in .....(cos the external filter box temporarily packed in, so I had to change the water in that too!).

Lots going on on here so will need to read back to catch up properly .

Did notice the hectic Xmas travels for Cragchick though . And FFB's race is certainly picking up a pace - will be filling up soon I reckon . Need to pull my finger out and enter!

Back to running tomorrow at last, my lungs have had enough paint .

10/01/2013 at 21:21

Off south to visit the kids this weekend so got about 12 miles in today before I go.

Only time to get to Edinburgh, T is coming across from Glasgow on Sunday though.

Back in training next week. Really need to get fit before Katrine!

Sounds fun moving all those fish TP. Hope puss didn't get too involved.

11/01/2013 at 05:56

Morning catch uptime

11/01/2013 at 06:48

morning BM

have a nice time down south Elspeth

CC, that run sounds lovely....

Glad the decorating is done TP... dont envy you, hope the fish have continued to thrive

rest this morning, run and swim tonight.  bf off out with friends so have the place to myself

Happy Friday people!!

11/01/2013 at 07:51

Morning all. Wow cragchick, whirlwind

TP, we have high ceilings too and just to make it more difficult we use brushes rather than rollers  Glad I only have a bowl with a single fish (currently).

Decided not to train last night and so had a rest day. Training tinight though and tomorrow for my long, but when I say long it will only be 8 - 10 miles. Sunday we have to take baby FFB back to Edinburgh with her Christmas loot.

Watched the official Antarctic Ice marathon 2012 video last night. Apparently the 2 people that did the double event in 2011 did fine but ended up with mild hypothermia and had to be on IV fluids for 24 hours after

11/01/2013 at 14:30

Afternoon all

Looks like some snow flurries forecast for the weekend, hoping it doesnt come to much, need some miles doing.......

Eeeek to more lurgy Cragchick ! Get well soon ill children (and don't give it to your mother) .

Happy holidays UTC .

No problems with the puss Elspeth - I put him outside whilst I did the fish in order to avoid any 'cat in the tank' comedy moments  . Actually, he has been very good through all this painting malarky, he doesnt seem keen on the smell of gloss, so has been keeping well away. Sensible boy!

Fish actually seem really lively . I normally wouldnt do such a large water change as it removes the 'good' bacteria from the tank, (I kept some of their old water to put back in and didnt clean the gravel to try to avoid this), but they seem to have really perked up . Main thing to avoid with tropical fish is big temperature fluctuations, so I bagged them in semi-permeable / breathable bags, then crated them in a polystyrene fish box, then they went under the radiator to keep cosy . Fish geeks corner . It will probably take about a week for me to know for sure they havent been stressed and picked up any disease like white spot etc.

10mile run today, legs did seriously not want to move for the first two miles ! Knee and hamstring on right very tight from kneeling down to paint the skirting more of that for me for at least another 3yrs if I can avoid it .

Happy weekends everyone and good runs / safe travels to all out and about .

11/01/2013 at 18:12

Hope it doesn't snow too much at the weekend.

Resting this evening, then parkrun tomorrow, and long run Sunday.

Hope your boy's getting better cragchick.

11/01/2013 at 20:29

Evening you lot.

Snow forecast ? Seriously !

11/01/2013 at 23:37

entered the loch katrine marathon and the highland fling this year. mon then!

12/01/2013 at 09:27

Morning all!

A rather heavy going 6 for me last night. Off out shortly to do 8 - 10 hopefully.

Yeh! Snow!  Not great for driving baby FFB backt o Edinburgh but good for my training

Got a knock back from Brooks re product based sponsorship, and a bit disappointed. It is not as if I am looking to kit out a whole team for asking for 20 pairs of shoes. I know they get a lot of requests and that times are hard and they need good ROI ... but a few pairs of shoes towards rasiing £20k for charity. So I won't be mentioning my shoe brand in any interviews or articles: not that I am bitter

12/01/2013 at 09:29

Morning FFB, Shame re your Brooks knockback.

Morning Tri for when you look in

Cold but no snow here in Erskine, no snow on Kilpatrick Hills yet.

12/01/2013 at 09:51

Thanks BM. Someone suggested I might have more luck approaching local retailers, so will give that a go.

Ewan - meant to say Loch Katrine will be good training for Fling, lots of nice hills

12/01/2013 at 11:03

aye I'm sure. FB I have persuaded 4  folk to do the half at LK. 1 cousin, 1 colleague and colleague has got 3 pals to to do it in prep for manchester marathon. now that it's listed on Scottish running guide I'm sure it will fill up nicely.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.