Scottish Runners

29,921 to 29,940 of 33,553 messages
09/12/2012 at 18:11

Well done on the WHW place cragchick, and on the hardy kids!

The Turkey Trot was a bit wild, but I think the consensus was that we expected worse before the start in the cold and wind. At least the driving rain held off. Last mile into the gale was painful though.

09/12/2012 at 18:43

Congratulations cragchick I'm crewing for a friend this time so it'll be nice to see the race from the 'other side'.

Sounds like a toughie 57.5, how far was it?

Yay Elspeth The Fling's going to be a real social right enough

Off to a wee cottage on Loch Sween for a few days with hubby and pooch. Hoping for some good training.

09/12/2012 at 20:10

Evening and lots to catch up on.

09/12/2012 at 20:27

10 miler MrsMac.

Interesting date for a "Turkey Trot". Maybe an American was involved in setting it up, half way between when they eat Turkey for Thanksgiving and our 'turkey day" at Xmas.

09/12/2012 at 22:03

Hmmm, I never quite got the Turkey Trot bit either, apparently the medals were good this year? Last year they were really horrible gold trainers! Wasn't too cold this morning was it despite the wind and odd bit of drizzle. Blowing nicely still though.

That sounds lovely MrsMac - envy!

10/12/2012 at 06:23

morning

just about to head out for a run, after quick skype with bf.

well done of the Turkey Trot 57.5

got a lot on this week... with work and training... going to be knackered next weekend, and will need to do THE shopping then too

have a nice break MrsMac.

right best get moving

10/12/2012 at 16:10

quiet today.

run this morning but gave up after 5 miles as i was fed up slipping and sliding on the ice. don't think the local council could have paid any attention to the weather forcast as there was not one gritter in site.

badminton this evening so it will be nice to be inside and warm! may even visit the pub on the way home....

10/12/2012 at 18:09

That sounds like sensible sporting activity longbow.

I like the snowflake shaped medal cragchick, complete with picture of running turkey. My wife liked it too which is a turn up as she usually can't understand why I keep the things.

10/12/2012 at 19:51

Enjoy your time away Mrs Mac - always nice to run somewhere different.

Hope you enjoyed badminton and the pub longbow. I went to my Pilates class this evening, but hope it won't be too slippy to run tomorrow. That was the last Pilates of the year.

10/12/2012 at 20:16

Well done 57.5 - sounds like my kind of medal .

Happy holidays MrsMac, hope it is good weather for you.

UTC - you are bonkers doing your Xmas shopping that weekend !!! Good Luck !!!

Well, talking of gritters, I saw one of them strange mirages in my street this afternoon, no not a bulk uplift lorry, which are still rare as hens teeth around here.....but even rarer than that in this street that time forgot - yeah, two weans in council uniforms throwing sand out the back of a lorry and gritting the pavement !!!! I had to check I wasnt seeing things....looked like they might be on community service cos I swear one of them was no older than about 14 and could barely lift the shovel, either that or GCC have started employing child labour . Anyhow, a gritted street  (can you tell I still cannot believe it?) .

Now if I join up all the streets tomorrow where children have been randomly throwing sand, I might just make a decent run out of .

No run today, I have been report writing all day and its a wonder I have managed to even whitter the above as my eyes are doolally, but I probably won't get to sleep tonight cos my brain is on *thinking* overload .

10/12/2012 at 21:02

evening

great swim tonight. technique drills and reps.

turbo and run tomorrow (am/pm whatever I can manage)....

Lol TP, I have no choice, generally always do things in one fell swoop as I hate it so much but have no other time to do it anyway... it will be hell but over very quickly

Hope the badminton was good Longbow. Did you win?

Im hoping to run tomorrow too Alison, fingers xd although seems to be all clear here for now.

57.5 I always keep my medals and Tshirts... as a mere memento.

Dinner time, Im starving!!!

10/12/2012 at 21:14

that sounds a good medal then 57.5, did you get the bright yellow t-shirt too?

My kids like wearing my medals, I do keep the 'proper' ones, ie ones which actually say the race and the year, but am less possesive about the ones that sit in a box year on year and get churned out regardless. So I have my Fling ones, Shakespeare Marathon one (is an open book which says 'to run or not to run' which I really like), London Marathon and South Downs Way belt buckle for definite.

I think we've fared much better with the ice up here - well in our little pocket anyway - always amazes me how we really do have a tiny micro-climate here compared to say 7 miles down the road where all hell has broken loose with ice and snow etc!

So, I worked this morning and then squeezed in a gorgeous 8.5 miler from town, out into the town woods and onto the start of the Dava Way, clear blue skies, sunshine and very little wind ... would have been perfect skiing conditions for the kids I am sure!!  Got mega chilled then waiting around for the various school pick-ups in my run kit though.

Hope the grit does it's job and everyone gets out safely tomorrow

Edited: 10/12/2012 at 21:16
10/12/2012 at 22:17

didn't win the badminton but the visit to the pub soon helped me get over my disappointment

11/12/2012 at 06:00

Morning you lot

Couldn't get logged on yesterday morning. then went shopping for pressies at Braehead last night. Cold and very frosty out this morning

Morning Tri

Need to catch up now,

11/12/2012 at 06:46

morning BM, hope the pressie shopping wasnt too stressful

just had a chat with bf on Skype, best get on with turbo then.

hope everyone is getting on ok up north... sounds like a lovely run CC.

hard lines on the badminton longbow

11/12/2012 at 13:18

Morning All

-4 for the run to work this morning. Chilly!

11/12/2012 at 14:58

Afternoon

-3 for my run, so not quite as bad?  (what am I saying!!!!!)

Found a roughly 3m circuit of gritted footpaths, so did a few loops of that, made a change from running to the shops and back which is what I was doing most of last week . Figure this out - absolutely freezing hands in two pairs of gloves, cold creeping up the arms......boiling hot feet . Whats that about??? Maybe I should wear my socks on my hands ?

Must have got warmer later though, it was quite pleasant in the sun .

I too like medals . I had to buy a box for them, cos they were getting a bit out of hand . Not so keen on the t-shirts, unless they are techie and fit properly, got too many cotton ones I should just chuck. Fave medals, definitely the Fling ones, my TP100 buckle, and the cut-glass 'trophy' thingy I got for doing all 3days of Jurassic CC (run through hell and back, get handed a cube of glass ). Least favourite - when you do a marathon and they give you a bog standard medal and don't even print the event / year on the ribbon!!!

CC - I hear the WHW glass trophy is very nice .

Stay warm everyone!

11/12/2012 at 20:05

Evening

Cold day all day today eh.

Tri: No it wasn't actually as Braeehad was starngely quiet ! Ya Beauty

11/12/2012 at 20:28

Birkmyre - well done at Braehead - its all a matter of timing I reckon .

11/12/2012 at 21:20

TP: Yeah sure seems that way.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.