Scottish Runners

29,941 to 29,960 of 33,657 messages
13/12/2012 at 06:22

Morning need to catch up.

Some light snow out here this morning

Oh very seasonal

13/12/2012 at 07:17

morning BM...

lovely 5 miles this morning early doors yay to the christmas smillies!! Lovely and quiet although a couple of other runners out Cold but rather enjoyed it, a base layer thermal and a winter HH thermal running top with a light running jacket, gloves and headscarf and I was fine!! Good to be pushing the distance up slowly... just dont want to push too quickly!! Will run tomorrow morning too, around the same distance I think.

Portfolio to complete for uni for tomorrow so will have to go into uni after work

hope the lurgies clear up soon!! (I did see that somewhere?? Cant find it now)... and those with the Reynauds sufferers are ok too, not nice in this weather

13/12/2012 at 08:27

I'm happy, found them!!

Looks frosty out but that's about it. Home with poorly child who is currently tucking into toast so fingers crossed it stays there!!!

13/12/2012 at 09:16

sooooo cold with us this morning. felt like the coldest morning so far. managed a great 6 miles though.

just cause we can

13/12/2012 at 14:01

I lied, it wasn't just a bit frosty, it was absolutely baltic and frost/ice/snowflakes still there, can't turn the washing line in case it snaps and the washing is like some kind of wired cardboard ... beautiful though so not complaining.

Slightly alarming at 2pm that it feels like dusk is already upon us!

13/12/2012 at 14:45

3 miles to work this morning, chily with a light dusting of snow.

13/12/2012 at 16:37

Good luck finishing your portfolio UTC.

Get well soon lurgified children !

Definitely milder here now, most of snow melted. Rest day today, but should get a decent run in tomorrow.

Bizarre topsy-turvy weather, freezing for a few days, then mild / wet .

Did my xmas food shop today (doing my annual dinner on Saturday ), lovely quiet supermarket, oh the joy . Thought I had better 'festify' the house up a bit for visitors coming, so got the tree up this afternoon whilst Mr Higgy puss was out.....OMG just as well! ! He headed straight for centre of tree and attempted to climb up the trunk , then spent about 20mins trying to get all the deccies off the lower branches, helped himself to a chocolate coin (got that off him before he ate it ), then he dragged off a bauble to 'kill' elsewhere in peace . So I have now denuded the base of the tree and moved all the cat-attractions higher up......

13/12/2012 at 19:05

TP's cat thinks:

...mmmm, now I'll have to throw myself at the tree from that piece of furniture...

13/12/2012 at 20:42

not quite there with the portfolio yet but almost. have been told I can have some time to do it tomorrow at work. thankfully. still in uni but heading home now as cold tired and hungry ... and about to be chucked out/locked in... I dont fancy either

lovely run this morning, if a tad freezing... looking forward to tomorrow's run!!!

lol TP, a few of my cats used to do that exact thing of climbing up thtree was destroyed by their recreational climbing!! Fun times though, miss having a wee cat around!

Glad you found the smileys CC!

Hope everyone has warmed up!! Im off to pedal on home up the hill! Happy days!!

13/12/2012 at 20:44

oops seem to have cut out "....climbing up the tree trunk... we actually pinned our tree to the wall one year after "Jigsaw" wrecked the previous tree with his recreational climbing shennanigans!!".

13/12/2012 at 21:14

Just thought I'd give the festive smileys a go.

Some of them look quite silly

Edited: 13/12/2012 at 21:17
14/12/2012 at 06:04

morning

ugh... knackered this morning... thank god its Friday!! Still so much to do though!

After I get this portfolio in Im hoping to go for a swim tonight.

Run tomorrow morning then xmas shopping, catch up with friend and then club night out.... Sunday will be xmas shopping too... phew I need a holiday

Cant face a run this morning, feel sick with tiredness...  Will try and do a turbo session though...

14/12/2012 at 06:16

Morning Tri.

Tight legs so just walked Geordie this morning

Catch up son.

14/12/2012 at 07:49

Morning all. UTC good luck with the port-folio. Baby FFB busy doing that too, but that a rather differnet portfolio I suspect. She is getting edgy because Edinburgh has not sent her intruction to upload her digital one, and it is Edniburgh that she really wants to go to. It is nuts, the colleges look at the application then decide if they want them to upload a mini digital port folio, then decide if they want the full portfolio, and then interview .....

TP LOL re Mr Higgs . Tallulah has been going a bit mental too as we have been decorating the house. The tree goes up at the weekend so could be interesting. First Christmas she went no where near it, 2nd Christmas it was the odd biff at a bauble, 3rd Christmas she took to sitting under it and contemplating climbing it .... so 4th christmas ......

My training a bit haphazard. I am the woman in all the supermarket ads  Work is a bit mental, Christmas card making wirting and posting, present buying and wrapping, decorating house, cleaning house for Mum coming, Antarctic Odyssey business, and somewhere training . So instead of adding to the stress I am going with the flow; training if I can and as long as I am ticking over it is fine.

14/12/2012 at 08:19

Going with the flow is the best way to be FBunny - certainly that's the only way I can cope in this craziness at the moment!!! I'm always glad to have a schedule but if I compare what I actually do versus what I am supposed to do - hah!!!! I too feel like that supermarket woman ... although having eldest son home sick has enabled me to get a slight handle back on things!!! but have not written ANY Christmas cards yet, tree is almost in the house now though!

TP - that is v funny re the cat - reminds me of our Christmas trees during the early years of both the children ... same kind of mentality I guess

4 miles on the treadmill last night. Son much better but not allowed back to school today so a run when hubby makes in home tonight I guess or the treadmill again.

Small snowfall for us last night - first down in the bay. Tried looking for meteor showers a few times but was too cloudy and I wasn't getting up at 2 or 3am for a better look!!

Edited: 14/12/2012 at 08:19
14/12/2012 at 15:03

Afternoon all

Decent run today, and back in just before the worst of the rain started .

Tree still standing this morning, but someone had helped himself to another chocolate coin .......it was all chewed up on the floor with puncture marks through the foil, don't think he had eaten any of the choc tho, hopefully it tastes horrid to him as it is really bad for cats !!

The festive spirit must be afoot, on my run today a group of school children shouted 'keep going you are doing really well' and 'knees up!!!', but not in a sarcastic way , and a young guy on a mobile told me 'be careful going under that bridge, there is still a patch of ice' . (Swoon, faints) . Apart from that not many folk about on foot, but the roads, OMG, Christmas-tastically busy .

Good luck everyone getting all their various jobs done this weekend, sounds like a busy one ahead. I will probably do a long run tomorrow as the ice has mostly gone, and then I have to start my Big Dinner for the girls.....actually I really enjoy cooking, especially a good roast , its the shopping part I hate .

14/12/2012 at 19:54

Evening

Glasgow City centre was mobbed today at lunch time.

15/12/2012 at 13:55

Bit of the old "bah humbug" going on here- OH has put lights up, I've ordered 4 prezzies off amazon for my family, and that's it!

Spose I'll get a bit more done nearer the time. we'll go out for a meal on the day itself, and I'll be working most days anyway.

Hoping for a long run tomorrow- getting sick of the tready!

15/12/2012 at 14:22

afternoon,

finally submitted portfolio last night... was exhausted by the time I got home last night at around 9.30pm.... just back from a 2k swim... really good.  Also got lovely clip in pedals for my new bike!! They were finally found at the post office yesterday so I picked them up before work. Going to try get them fitted today. Planning turbo later and long-ish run tomorrow before the dreaded shopping in town. Tricia Ive done nothing... so you're not the only one

Lol TP, nice supportive kids... more used to getting chased by them

Just realised I said I would do Clyde Stride next year... hmmm.. need to devise a plan starting January

16/12/2012 at 14:33

Afternoon all

Well done UTC. Nice to get new pedals too .

Cooked christmas dinner last night - I have one thing to say and that is YUM!!!!

Anybody wanna turkey sandwich? (Passes around cranberry sauce, chestnuts and stuffing). Did I say I liked turkey  YUM!!!!!!

Good run yesterday, 14m around Pollok. Rest day today, just a walk in the park to stretch the legs (and digest the vast quantities of food). Puss is enjoying getting turkey left overs in his bowl .

Big training week planned this week whilst the weather is mild .

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.