Scottish Runners

29,981 to 30,000 of 33,662 messages
18/12/2012 at 13:32

Afternoon all, spin bike session last night, and run tonight assuming that the low grade migraine I have been nursing all morning goes away. No visual disturbance, and headache receding quite a bit, but the nausea is pretty chronic still

Just had to book flights to Luton (and back) on 28th, and was suprised that they were not too expensive. Mr FFB's aunt died on Sunday evening. Perfect timing, but there was a sort of inevitability about it.

18/12/2012 at 15:15

Afternoon All.

STOP PRESS

Looks like the Loch Katrine run in aid of Alzheimer Scotland will be 10th March. 3 distances will be on offer: 10k, half marathon and full marathon. Entries will open soon. It will be a no frills event with the emphasis on as much of the entry fee as I can manage going to Alzheimers.

Edited: 18/12/2012 at 15:26
18/12/2012 at 17:29

oooh, could be interesting ... is that road or trail or mixture ('scuse my ignorance)!

18/12/2012 at 17:39

Sounds great FFB, will it almost definitely be that weekend as I need to book leave to get there early? Also I'm even more ignorant, though I know more or less where it is where is the start?

Sorry to hear about Mr FFB's aunt though.

Too much work getting in the way of running these days but had a nice but wild one on Sat and hope to get out agaoin tomorrow. Meanwhile back to the Christmas chores!

18/12/2012 at 20:50

Evening

TP: Yeah late night. He was off today so was charged 1 hour of walking Geordie.

57.5: A very belated happy Birthday

18/12/2012 at 21:13

Birkmyre:  to late night

to demise of Mr FFB's aunt

Short 3-miler for me, lovely day for it though - was quite alarming how many large chunks of the coastal path seem to be missing just up in Findhorn from Saturdays 'perfect storm'. Was so strange to read in paper about destruction in Lossiemouth etc ... it didn't seem THAT windy on Saturday night, living so close the coast we are usually pretty aware of serious weather. Hubby was cycling through Lossie on Sun morning and saw all the broken harbour walls - said the waves were perfect for kayak surfing though ... erm I think I'll pass on that one!!!  He definitely didn't rush back for his kayak though ...

18/12/2012 at 21:25

evening

oops dont know if I wished 57.5 a Happy Birthday either... sorry!!

Lol TP, getting there, this week hasnt been too bad so far. Only 2 days to get through.

Good swim tonight. Did a 750m TT (after a good warm up) and despite not having done any swim racing for months I was a minute faster than my previous PB These drill sessions are working!! And Im sure if it had been a race I would have pushed a tad harder! Pretty happy with that... even though Id still be considered quite slow within a club... still happy to have in less than a year almost halved my 750m swim time!!

Meant to say condolensces to Mr FFB....

FFB, sounds great, Id definitely be up for your race as long as I could make it work wise (travel etc).

Run tomorrow morning again and turbo once home from work, friend coming over for pre xmas catch up

18/12/2012 at 21:29

Crag: Yeah it was a late night, but needs must.

FFB: Sorry to hear your news

18/12/2012 at 22:36

Good sessions UTC and CC.

Elspeth, yes definitely that weekend.

The start and finish will be at the trossachs pier at the bottom end of loch katrine. Which is in the Trossachs and can be reached via Callander or Aberfoyle. There is parking and facilities including a cafe (which will be open). It an out and back along a private road (sorry no trail) with lots of undulation in all 3 distances.  I will probably set up entry via entry central, but will keep you posted.

18/12/2012 at 22:54

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Too much house moving activity for running this week. Didn't seems too windy here the other day but the pictures of the dunes at the mouth of the Lossie suggest the water level was amazingly high. Loch Katrine sounds like a good alternative to the ever more commercial Inverness half!

- gratuitous Xmas smiley...

19/12/2012 at 06:08

Morning

Wow we've reached 30,000 ! Cheers to Robert for starting this thread.

4M Tempo run, fairly flowing along which was pleasing.

Moring Tri

19/12/2012 at 07:04

morning

definitely up for that FFB!! Sounds great!!

Hope the house move is going well 57.5!

Turbo this morning as very tired and couldnt face a run. 3 runs this week will suffice.

News on bf... will be back from US Friday morning... but, he has been offered a job there!!!! Still lots of negotiations to be done and no idea of timescale at the moment. Could be later in the year next year (ie August time) but really not sure yet. Would be for a year  Santa Cruz California... sounds lovely

19/12/2012 at 08:07

Morning all. Managed to clear the migraine and got a cracking 6.5 miles in last night .

Meant to say, Elspeth, Loch Katrine not that easy to get to without transport, but if you base yourself in Glasgow I should be able to arrange a lift for you.

I now need to get a move on: numbers, medals, mile markers, water ...... not doing prizes or goodie bags, but may see if I can get someone to donate some freebies

19/12/2012 at 10:43

Morning everyone

UTC - wow California . Very exciting . Lots of opportunities for someone in your profession too . Go for it whilst you are still young .

57.5 - happy new house .

Good training everyone else .

Off for a plod before it rains.....get them winter miles in ..... what doesnt kill you makes you stronger...or summat like that ....

19/12/2012 at 16:53

Ooooh California - wow, agree with TP, do it while you are young and unencumbered!!!

Hope house move going OK ...

Really dark here all day today ... shortest day tomorrow though I think?

Did another five this morning but feel like someone turned a tap on and all my get-up-and-go has leaked away somewhere, like running with lead pellets so obviously still not quite over the bug - bah!!!  Certainly didn't feel like todays run had made me stronger

Only four more school runs to do ... ... yippee

19/12/2012 at 16:53

and  to 30,000

19/12/2012 at 18:04

Happy Belated Birthday 57.5 and Happy New House too.

UTC - exciting indeed.

just in from breezy 5.5 miles, haven't been getting very far this week.

Count me in for Loch Katrine then FFB, do you plan any posters etc, may be able to interest some of the others in the Half/10k.

OH just had that bug too CC - not going near him!

19/12/2012 at 19:15

I got out of my flat last night and sorted the mortgage today so progress is being made. Just a few weeks in temporary accomodation and then move in 20th Jan! Finally time to run tonight after 2 days of chaos.

California? Do it!

Nights are fair drawin' in...

19/12/2012 at 21:20

I don't think you have to get that close tbh!!! ... is sweeping through schools and families like wildfire at the moment!

Enjoy your run after the chaos 57.5. Very exciting re house.

I am so looking forward to the day when we can finally sort where we are going to live / hubby and family living in same area and having our own house again (well our own that we actually live in anyway!!). Maybe 2013 will be the year ...

19/12/2012 at 22:14

Tri: Great news.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.